I want you to leave this program. The whole damn world is about to find out. it's not fake it's not rheothric it's real and No Rain

Captain_Obvious

Feb 18, 2022
Honestly I’m just not seeing it. Feels like another 5-7 season on the horizon.

Or an optimistic view, maybe we surprise some people and beat Oklahoma, but still end up barely over .500

Last edited:
Reactions: scbeachboy

Captain_Obvious

Feb 18, 2022
Please go pull for another team that's not named South Carolina. Or were you just being facetious?
Just being realistic man. Doesn’t mean I don’t love my gamecocks or don’t support them. I hope they go 15-0, but after a few decades I’ve finally taken off the garnet colored glasses and like to call things like I see them. If there’s one group of people that has a right to post an opinion, it’s the fans that have lived and died with the program their entire lives.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Long video...only watched about half.

Hype videos are nice...but every P5 program could make a video like this.

JoeMorrisonLives

Joined Nov 16, 2020
Feb 6, 2022
Honestly I’m just not seeing it. Feels like another 5-7 season on the horizon.

Or an optimistic view, maybe we surprise some people and beat Oklahoma, but still end up barely over .500
Then you're looking at the wrong stuff. Don't worry about the schedule, someone's gonna be worse than they're supposed to. What did you expect last year, why, and did you see the OL depth and have concerns?

Last edited:
Reactions: joefanatic

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
The trouble is, the opponent(s) feel the same way
True….that’s why we play the game to win according to Herm Edwards.

Less than 24 months ago, we had no shot against UT or Clemson. So like every football season, I will look forward to watching the gamecocks play. I’m sure I will be frustrated many times. But I hope to be excited many times more.

My point is simply I don’t enjoy or not enjoy any season based on prognosticators

Reactions: USClight

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
True….that’s why we play the game to win according to Herm Edwards.

Less than 24 months ago, we had no shot against UT or Clemson. So like every football season, I will look forward to watching the gamecocks play. I’m sure I will be frustrated many times. But I hope to be excited many times more.

My point is simply I don’t enjoy or not enjoy any season based on prognosticators
And last year we had no shot against UT and that's how it played out. That win less than 24 months ago turned out to be a massive outlier.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
And last year we had no shot against UT and that's how it played out. That win less than 24 months ago turned out to be a massive outlier.
You can see it is half empty all you want. It was what it was. We did not have the same personnel last year that we had the year before. We also will not have the same personnel this year that we had last year. Kind of the way it goes especially in the NIL era. There’s been many games in my lifetime we had no shot and that’s how it played out. I think that’s the story for most teams.

So go ahead and be down based on something that hasn’t happened yet. I will keep excited with football about ready to start during the dog days of summer.

Reactions: USClight

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
You can see it is half empty all you want. It was what it was. We did not have the same personnel last year that we had the year before. We also will not have the same personnel this year that we had last year. Kind of the way it goes especially in the NIL era. There’s been many games in my lifetime we had no shot and that’s how it played out. I think that’s the story for most teams.

So go ahead and be down based on something that hasn’t happened yet. I will keep excited with football about ready to start during the dog days of summer.

My only take in all of it is that every college team could make a video showing guys dripping sweat while working out and all that. The hype video doesn't move the needle at all for enthusiasm or lack of enthusiasm