If Arnett is successful-we might not be a stepping stone…

bgdawg2

Dec 25, 2022
Lot of what-ifs in State history that really could have changed things in our respective sports:

- What if we don't choke away that 15 point lead to Notre Dame?
- What if that line drive doesn't hit Gene Morgan?
- What if Marcus Bullard doesn't take the bribe in 1996?
- What if we stop Blake Sims on JUST ONE of those 3 third-and-longs in the 4th quarter?
Marcus Bullard bribe in 1996? never heard that one.

Reactions: josebrown

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Lot of what-ifs in State history that really could have changed things in our respective sports:

- What if we stop Blake Sims on JUST ONE of those 3 third-and-longs in the 4th quarter?
What if we didn't fire a head football coach with a 76.4% overall winning percentage and 63.8% SEC winning percentage who never had a losing season?

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022

Or if they call their WR for illegal touching after the ref actually throws his hat down to call it. Game over. Bulldogs win in 2017.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I'm just waiting for the "We should have never hired someone with no prior head coaching experience " proclamation once we hit a 2 game losing streak. Also can't wait for some of our fellow dogs to get revisionist history and state they knew all along Arnett was a bad hire. Hopefully he will prove he belongs as head coach.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Who was that guy ?? McKeen ?
Yeah. If it had happened in the social media era we would have been raked over the coals for it and would get demolished in the press for the next decade. The only coaches in recent years to be fired with a higher SEC winning percentage were Ed Orgeron (and just barely) and Mark Richt, and one with a higher overall winning percentage would be even more work to find.

Coachcoop73

Dec 26, 2022
I like Arnett. I really want him to succeed as a head coach. I just hope it works out
Im a Illini man class of "91". First Im am so sorry for the loss of coach Leach, he was awesome unique man! I had the good fortune of getting to know hi in Lubbock. Brings me to Zac, Ive known him since he was 10 yrs old, little league baseball stud, team was 1 game from LLWS. College at UNM and close friendship with my nephew Sam. Coach Arnett will be succefull if he is surrouded by Experienced assitants/ coordinators. Buiding a rolladex of coaches you can bring on board is vital to a Head Coach. This may hurt him. I hope he leans on coach Rocky Long to help him buid up his staff. There is no doubt in my mind he will help your program, he has it between the ears and in his heart to do great things. Go State, except against my Illini on the 2nd. See ya all in Tampa and once again my sincerest condolence to State and Coach Leach loved ones.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Im a Illini man class of "91". First Im am so sorry for the loss of coach Leach, he was awesome unique man! I had the good fortune of getting to know hi in Lubbock. Brings me to Zac, Ive known him since he was 10 yrs old, little league baseball stud, team was 1 game from LLWS. College at UNM and close friendship with my nephew Sam. Coach Arnett will be succefull if he is surrouded by Experienced assitants/ coordinators. Buiding a rolladex of coaches you can bring on board is vital to a Head Coach. This may hurt him. I hope he leans on coach Rocky Long to help him buid up his staff. There is no doubt in my mind he will help your program, he has it between the ears and in his heart to do great things. Go State, except against my Illini on the 2nd. See ya all in Tampa and once again my sincerest condolence to State and Coach Leach loved ones.
The best coaches know how to delegate jobs, let them do their job with minimal interference, and still be in charge of everything.

Reactions: Coachcoop73
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login