If Cross stays another year

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
He’ll go. It’s good for the program to put underclassmen at the top of the draft.

The OT class is rather deep this year though. A bit of an unlucky break there.

Oak23

Nov 28, 2014
I too believe he goes. My take, 1 reason he came to Ms State was to go to the NFL as fast as possible. Had he gone to Bama, he would’ve prolly been forced to ride the bench longer. State needed him to play much faster and the faster you get to play at this level the faster you get to the NFL. So IMO that could be somewhat an advantage during recruiting. I wld expect it is used as a selling point to come to State over other programs. I think this case is a GREAT example of why there is a good sound reason to choose State over other programs. I could see this even more so for OL’s, the unsung and unappreciated group- regarding getting to the NFL ASAP.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I too believe he goes. My take, 1 reason he came to Ms State was to go to the NFL as fast as possible. Had he gone to Bama, he would’ve prolly been forced to ride the bench longer. State needed him to play much faster and the faster you get to play at this level the faster you get to the NFL. So IMO that could be somewhat an advantage during recruiting. I wld expect it is used as a selling point to come to State over other programs. I think this case is a GREAT example of why there is a good sound reason to choose State over other programs. I could see this even more so for OL’s, the unsung and unappreciated group- regarding getting to the NFL ASAP.
Yep. It's an especially great selling point for our own in-state guys. Bama will always have the 'national title' talking point, but we can most definitely match them when it comes to making it to the NFL and having a long career. They can counter with numbers and signing bonuses, because their guys always get a bump for the actual draft.

We really need to continue to lean into the 'grinder' concept. We can't win on flash and pizzazz.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
My argument is not whether he stays or goes, but if he did stay could he possibly be the number one pick in the draft?

Oak23

Nov 28, 2014
My argument is not whether he stays or goes, but if he did stay could he possibly be the number one pick in the draft?
I don’t know. I suppose if he didn’t get injured, he could improve on his status. I think it would be hard for him to be number 1 since he is not in so called ‘skilled’ position. OT is not a ‘flashy’ position.

tired

Sep 16, 2013

This makes sense. Hopefully we can sway some recruits would that pitch

ColoradoDawg

Sep 3, 2016
"We" is sixpackspeak collectively. With all of these crypto and investing threads someone is bound to be loaded. I have 3 dollars ready to put in the pot.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012

He wouldn’t. The days of an OT going #1 are long, long gone. Too many teams that are deficient at QB every single year for an OT to get in the mix for the #1 overall slot.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login