If ESPN streamed all of their services what would be the max you pay?

How much would you pay max per month if this was the only way you could watch ESPN?

• Total voters

patdog

May 28, 2007
I am now suggesting a strenuous poll review committee before I click post. Congrats on being named chair.
I think it goes without saying they wouldn't be available anywhere else. Otherwise, there's no change from the current situation and the question becomes do you pay $11/month for ESPN+ or not.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I'm thinking I would go $20-25 for the big ESPN Networks:
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPNU
ESPNNews
SEC Network
ACC Network
Is ESPN Classic still a thing?
Plus, the 'alternate' streams of each: SEC Network+, ESPN3, etc.

Then whatever portion of my Disney bundle is ESPN+. I'm guessing $6? So, that puts me somewhere in the $26-$30 range, which I feel like is a pretty good deal all things considered.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Royaldawg

Sep 28, 2022
I voted $31+ because if that's the only way to watch any of the ESPN channels unfortunately I'd be all in. I'd have to cut something else I'm paying for. We're talking about being able to watch almost all SEC sports. They would basically have us by the balls for this.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I cut the cord for direct tv last year, YouTube tv is a much better deal. Sec network add on, big ten network with direct tv was a ripoff. I voted not a dime For espn. Sick of their woke bs. I’m old enough to remember when espn was just sports not social justice commentary.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
I wouldn’t pay much since the only sports I watch are Mississippi State sports. I also watch the NFL but I get that on YouTube through Fox and CBS Sports. Other than that, I have zero interest in sports.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Would the Ocho be included in this package?

I would pay probably whatever the cost. I would rather watch sports than most anything else except possibly reruns of old shows and movies.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Im about to do Sling with the sports add on because I only watch Mississippi State sports and occasional national championship stuff. That’ll be like $50-55 per month. If ESPN offered everything cheaper, I’d swap it out.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I wouldn't pay anything for ESPN.

Simply stated, I don't care for ESPN and I don't value college/pro sports enough to pay.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
$25-$30 maximum for ESPN and subs and nothing ($0) for ESPN+. Not willing to pay anything to watch ESPN+ with their hockey, golf, corn hole, pickle ball, Formula 1, soccer, MMA, cricket, boxing etc. I'm fine with regular ESPN should it show up in that price range but if not I don't care enough to pay any more. I'll grab a few beers and go mow a field before I watch any of that + stuff

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Is there any other way to watch msu sports? Skys the limit for what I’ll pay to watch our 3 sports, if I’ve got to subscribe to espn for that. (I’ve had espn so long I don’t know the answer to this question)

But outside our sports, I’d pay max $5 for the rest

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Right now I pay around $55 a month during football season. So basically $275 a year just to watch MSU football. If I could get ESPN (and that included SEC network and ABC), that's probably about the number for me. If I could pay $25 a month and also get all of basketball and baseball season, that would be good and probably equal out to the fact that I do get some value from other channels during the months I carry a subscription. Higher than that and I have to start thinking about it. I'm pretty much guaranteed to watch 2 or 3 games at friends house. I have walkable places to go watch a game also that I usually go to for a game or two, so you're talking about $45 per game to watch at home instead of a bar.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
I'd drop them so fast you couldn't spell ESPN. The fact people are spending lots of money on what is far less programming as a whole, is damn silly. ESPN is the only service I have and it's about $12. I also get Prime through Amazon but I'm close to ending that whole thing too. I'll go back to local programming and an antenna before I start paying for everything.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Is there any other way to watch msu sports? Skys the limit for what I’ll pay to watch our 3 sports, if I’ve got to subscribe to espn for that. (I’ve had espn so long I don’t know the answer to this question)

But outside our sports, I’d pay max $5 for the rest
Great point(s) and why I went with +31. I'm watching one of the "real ESPN's" probably 75% of the time if the TV is on and would take a lot for me to drop it (had ESPN+ for a month a couple years ago and dropped it so nothing for that current type content).

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I'd drop them so fast you couldn't spell ESPN. The fact people are spending lots of money on what is far less programming as a whole, is damn silly. ESPN is the only service I have and it's about $12. I also get Prime through Amazon but I'm close to ending that whole thing too. I'll go back to local programming and an antenna before I start paying for everything.
How do you watch ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SEC Network, etc. today?

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
The poll question also prompted the thought ... forget the cost, how pissed am I going to be if/when it all gets moved to streaming. No big deal to you streaming enthusiasts but I'll be as someone who "wastes" 220/mo on DTV simply because I don't want to mess around with moving to anything else.

That said, I'm not in the target audience for much anymore except Medicare supplement plans and will figure it out when I have to. (but wanted to make sure I was on record that I'll be pissed***)

Reactions: patdog

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
How do you watch ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SEC Network, etc. today?
Same way everyone else does. But provider fees won't drop if ESPN moves. So I'd go antenna. I've already gotten rid of subscriptions except ESPN and it ends next week. With season tickets and ABC, I can survive.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Same way everyone else does. But provider fees won't drop if ESPN moves. So I'd go antenna. I've already gotten rid of subscriptions except ESPN and it ends next week. With season tickets and ABC, I can survive.
Right, but I guess the choice would be paying for a service like Direct TV, Spectrum, YouTube TV, or Fubo or just paying for the ESPN service. What you pay each month would go down.

I’m not following your logic, but to each their own.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPNU
ESPNNews
SEC Network
ACC Network

Then whatever portion of my Disney bundle is ESPN+. I'm guessing $6? So, that puts me somewhere in the $26-$30 range, which I feel like is a pretty good deal all things considered.
I’d say $24.99 for all of this.
like someone else said tho, stick to sports and get rid of the political, racists BS and it would be much better!
Only reason I’d pay this at all is because I don’t really have a choice if I want to watch what sports they do put on.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPNU
ESPNNews
SEC Network
ACC Network

Only if Disney buys The Hallmark Channel and Great American Family and makes them part of the ESPN lineup. I'm not missing my dang Christmas Movies with Hattiesburg's Lacey Chabert and GAF's DJ Tanner!

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I would pay the same as I paid to watch Howard Cosell and Wide World of Sports.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login