If it’s Lebby, what’s your issue?

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
It’s very Moorheadish, except at least Cohen was trying to innovate - Selmon is just getting a guy

Lebby has at least done it in the SEC, Moorhead hadn’t. And yes, he absolutely called plays under Kiffin with the exception of very specific situations.

My concerns are just the general the unknowns of a first time HC, and also his DC hire would be super important.

He was not first on my list but he is preferable to numerous sitting head coaches that we’ve talked to.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
You have no evidence of this.

I mean what do you want, recordings from OM’s headsets in 2021? The fact that Lebby called plays has been acknowledged by Kiffin and his staff on multiple occasions. Unless you think they were just lying and then I can’t help you.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
1. First time head coach.
2. I don’t love his connection to Art Briles, his time at Baylor, and the weird stuff he does to remind people he was involved in that. Also, I don’t care what the courts say. Sometimes illegal and immoral are not the same thing.
What you are saying is you don't like facts and you want to be immoral in your condemnation of those people.

"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."

“You shall not spread a false report. You shall not join hands with a wicked man to be a malicious witness."

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Kiffin always has, and still does, call plays. Facts.
Not facts. At UCF he clearly stated Lebby was the play caller. Even post Lebby Kiffin stated this:

“You guys (media) don't ask this question when we do well…. We have a playcaller. I interject when I need be. But I let those guys do their job…and they know that." Sep 24, 2023

From the Ole Miss site:

Aug 31, 2020 — Kiffin has relinquished the play-calling duties to offensive coordinator Jeff Lebby who will lead the offense in 2020.

Reactions: Chesusdog

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Scoring against Cincinnati, Iowa State, UCF, West Virginia, BYU, and TCU defenses with Oklahoma players doesn't tell me he's going to score against Georgia, Florida, Texas A&M, and Tennessee. It also doesn't tell me he can run a program.

And Kiffin is the OC at Ole Miss. Their offense hasn't seen a drop off since Lebby left.
That is my concern. How much influence has he had as an OC? We are a P5 program. We should be bringing in a successful coach. Fisch would be great.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
What you are saying is you don't like facts and you want to be immoral in your condemnation of those people.

"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."

“You shall not spread a false report. You shall not join hands with a wicked man to be a malicious witness."
Eat a diсk

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
The one concern is lack of HC experience, but I’m honestly not sure who was left high on my board if you wanted an offensive coach and Chadwell, Liepold, Klieman, and Elko said no.

He’s a risk but he also has upside

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
1. First time head coach.
2. I don’t love his connection to Art Briles, his time at Baylor, and the weird stuff he does to remind people he was involved in that. Also, I don’t care what the courts say. Sometimes illegal and immoral are not the same thing.
I hope he brings Kendal with him.
I’d even take art in an admin role.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
That is my concern. How much influence has he had as an OC? We are a P5 program. We should be bringing in a successful coach. Fisch would be great.
Maybe this job is not seen as attractive by a lot of sitting P5 coaches. leach was an oddball because he liked coaching at underdog outpost schools, and he was a successful experienced P5 coach. Most of these guys are risk averse.

swagdog

Jun 29, 2023
We are going to be responding to him covering up rape at Baylor to recruits’ parents as long as he’s here.

He brought Art into the field before a game this year and OU got dragged (rightfully so). That’s going to be us every weekend now, trotting out an evil, evil bastard.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
We are going to be responding to him covering up rape at Baylor to recruits’ parents as long as he’s here.

He brought Art into the field before a game this year and OU got dragged (rightfully so). That’s going to be us every weekend now, trotting out an evil, evil bastard.
tater ?

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
No issue at the moment. However circle back in a month or two. We shall see....

Who are the assistants?

What does the signing class look like?

What transfers are coming and going?

Reactions: Duggar Hall Desk

Simmer

Jun 21, 2013
Bad comparison. broyles award winner, national championships, highest paid DC in football, taking over Georgia, cmon
Gus Malzahn was a first time HC in the SEC and coached as a HC one year prior at Ark State.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login