If it's your dream...

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
...to own a house that once belonged to a Mississippi State football coach, I submit to you the barely-lived-in estate of one Coach Will Friend.

I wonder if football staff's just buy the old guy's houses whenever they move on? It would be interesting as well to know if anyone tracks unsold head coaches housing in college towns. Gotta figure there are more than a few that are way above what the normal market supports.

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Holy crap at the price of real estate there. Is that the going rate down there? That’s almost $1M for a cookie-cutter, builder grade 1 acre lot looking right into a neighbor’s kitchen. Shiver me timbers!
Yes, this is the reality of the real estate market in Starkville. The little zero lot line condos next to the high school are going for 400k.

maroonfriday

Jun 4, 2020
I wonder if football staff's just buy the old guy's houses whenever they move on? It would be interesting as well to know if anyone tracks unsold head coaches housing in college towns. Gotta figure there are more than a few that are way above what the normal market supports.
There are at least 2 houses in my neighborhood in Starkville that have done this. One was passed from one defensive coordinator to the next and another is currently for sale by owner by our other o-line coach

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
All that brick and they decided to use siding for 20 feet on the back porch? Weird place to cut a buck

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Lebby bought Roy Oswalts old house, well actually his ex wife’s old house. It wasnt for sale.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
How much does an OL coach at the 2nd to lowest paying school in the conference make? You can't, or shouldn't, buy that house with less that $400k+, right? I realize he likely got a low rate.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Maybe the buyouts have the house figured into it. My guess is most of these guys don’t plan to stick on one place very long so probably somewhat like corporate relocation

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Starkville real estate is outrageous. Was looking to make the move but shhhhhhhiiiiiiittttt! It's higher than the coast. I guess retirees can do it after selling but it's ridiculous up there.

Reactions: Guy From Gulfport

maroonfriday

Jun 4, 2020
Lebby bought Roy Oswalts old house, well actually his ex wife’s old house. It wasnt for sale.
That house was on and off the market a few times the last few years though. Not surprised it was the head football coach that was able to come in and get that.

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
Starkville real estate is outrageous. Was looking to make the move but shhhhhhhiiiiiiittttt! It's higher than the coast. I guess retirees can do it after selling but it's ridiculous up there.
I started looking for a small house or condo about 5 years ago. Anything decent was $200k, and would be under contract in a couple days. I kind of hoped that all the new construction would help supply exceed demand, but it never did. We just gave up looking, especially after some posters pointed out how high taxes are.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Maybe an interest only loan? Do they still do those?
How much does an OL coach at the 2nd to lowest paying school in the conference make? You can't, or shouldn't, buy that house with less that $400k+, right? I realize he likely got a low rate.
At today's interest rates with 20% down your payment would be $5k +/- a month on that house. If you had $250k in annual income for a family of 4 that would still leave you with $10-11k a month after the mortgage for utilities, cars, entertainment, and food... that's plenty.

Actually better off than a family of four who makes $120k a year and has no mortgage. That would only leave $7-7.5k a month for expenses.

Reactions: mcdawg22

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Yes, this is the reality of the real estate market in Starkville. The little zero lot line condos next to the high school are going for 400k.
Serietv Laughing GIF

99jc

Jul 31, 2008
I wish i had bought all the property on stark road when i had the opportunity many years ago.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I posted a link to cohens crib when he left for Auburn. It wasn't this one. Unless he lived in this one before that one.
Gotcha. Looks almost identical. Cohens had a bunch of builder grade materials on a fancy floor plan like this one.

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
Cohen was a Left Field Lane, a 3-4 property cul de sac. I remember looking at it. Looks similar though

Reactions: aTotal360
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login