If Kelly filed a complaint surely Beamer has filed one

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
Has the SEC agreed to a review and clarification of the official's excessive involvement in the outcome of this game?

Blaming someone else for things you are doing is a very familiar sounding tactic in use in today's world.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
HasbKelly actually filed a complaint?

The article I read had him applying the field goal rule to the punt, and I'm not sure that is even correct.

Reactions: Uscg1984

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I wouldn't bother. What's the point?

MOST of the time the league is going to stand by the refs. Best case scenario, they admit the refs blew a bad call and then we just feel worse.

Has a ref ever been fined, disciplined, dismissed over a complaint that was filed?

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024

MOST of the time the league is going to stand by the refs. Best case scenario, they admit the refs blew a bad call and then we just feel worse.

Has a ref ever been fined, disciplined, dismissed over a complaint that was filed?
Good point but acknowledgement is worth something.

Reactions: CWW

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022

Exactly,
and you can expect the following:
"We hold our referees to the highest standards, and we understand how our fans who are so passionate, will sometimes disagree with some calls, but we will continue to monitor the situation on a game by games basis to ensure the highest standard that our fans deserve". Or words to that effect.

Last edited:

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
Exactly,
File and you can expect the following:
"We hold our referees to the highest standards, and we understand how our fans who are so passionate, will sometimes disagree with some calls, but we will continue to monitor the situation on a game by games basis to ensure the highest standard that our fans deserve". Or words to that effect.
The whole thing is a deflection to mask crappy coaching. Get the fans whipped up so they don't recognize that the coaches blew it.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Won't it be hilarious when the SEC office releases a statement on the officiating and the only call they say was botched was the blocked punt.

Last edited:

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Beamer said he heard back from the league office regarding his inquiry on several penalties and said from the feedback he got, they would just have to agree to disagree.

This is why these things are a waste of time. Very, very, very rarely do they come back and say "we screwed up".

Unless you have an unbiased 3rd party reviewing these things, it's a complete waste of time. The league simply doesn't care.

Reactions: will110

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Apparently the league got the result they wanted.

Schools should push for independent oversight of refereeing.

Even Kirby was talking about some of the wild refereeing from the weekend in other games he saw (I think the implication from his statement was our game). Pitt coach Narduzzi was fined after ripping the refs in a game they won. It's been a problem across college football this season.

There is apparently no motivation for leagues to fix the problem on their own.

Reactions: will110

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
Schools should push for independent oversight of refereeing.

Even Kirby was talking about some of the wild refereeing from the weekend in other games he saw (I think the implication from his statement was our game). Pitt coach Narduzzi was fined after ripping the refs in a game they won. It's been a problem across college football this season.

There is apparently no motivation for leagues to fix the problem on their own.
They've learned from the government alphabet agencies.

Sep 12, 2022

Everyone has made a mistake. Everyone has dropped a ball at some time.

However, the most blatant, non-explainable, blown call that I have personally ever witnessed was Michigan's First Down against us in our bowl game against them.

Jadeveon Clowney demonstrated the proper method of handling those situations. You simply take the mistake out of the game by knocking the opponent's head off and physically taking the ball away. You don't file petitions or whine on a chat board for days.

Reactions: vacock and CWW

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Everyone has made a mistake. Everyone has dropped a ball at some time.

However, the most blatant, non-explainable, blown call that I have personally ever witnessed was Michigan's First Down against us in our bowl game against them.

Jadeveon Clowney demonstrated the proper method of handling those situations. You simply take the mistake out of the game by knocking the opponent's head off and physically taking the ball away. You don't file petitions or whine on a chat board for days.
Obviously you never saw the the 5th down, Colorado vs Missouri .
There is nothing that even comes close.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Obviously you never saw the the 5th down, Colorado vs Missouri .
There is nothing that even comes close.

This is why I hate instant replay, or at least one of many reasons.

Bad/questionable/debatable/outright wrong calls were part of the fabric of the game that fans bickered about for ages. Our fans still gripe about the push-off game with Clemson.

I, for one, could live with the human element. But, now we have to "get it right"....except for crucial, game-deciding penalties. We're ok with not needing to get those right.

Latest posts