If looking for a new series to stream

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Halo (on Amazon Prime) is way above my expectations. The acting, production and story lines are good, the military strategy, tactics and planning are idiotic though. So if you were an 11 Bravo, don't say I didn't warn you. They must have studied the tactics of Sam Elliot and Tim McGraw from their 1883 campaign.

I have never played the Halo (or any) video game, so don't know how the two mesh.

AlSwearengen

Aug 22, 2012
Pleasantly surprised with halo. Outer Range on Amazon prime with Josh Brolin is looking promising. I don’t normally like the paranormal stuff but it is good so far.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Watching Curb and Billions right now. Watching Oscar nominees for the last few years if they have a rent option because I like doing that and have been slacking. Need to watch Euphoria season 2. I've been pretty underwhelmed w/ Netflix and Amazon original content, but I'll give Halo a whirl

HamSammich

Nov 9, 2016
We are currently watching Suspicion on Apple+ and it’s really good. Takes a few episodes to really set the plot but so far so good.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Wife got me to watch outlander with her. It’s not that bad, kinda like it.
Better Call Saul next to last season just hit Netflix, I’d watch it if you haven’t already.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Great show. I’ll never forget the first time I saw Uhtred, and I thought… this is the guy I’m supposed to believe was some great Nordic warrior? Now, I can’t imagine the series being what it is without him. The entire show has some really, really great casting

LexSCDOG

Aug 5, 2014
Halo (on Amazon Prime) is way above my expectations. The acting, production and story lines are good, the military strategy, tactics and planning are idiotic though. So if you were an 11 Bravo, don't say I didn't warn you. They must have studied the tactics of Sam Elliot and Tim McGraw from their 1883 campaign.

I have never played the Halo (or any) video game, so don't know how the two mesh.

Slow Horses on Apple+

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I'm only about 6 episodes in to Justified. It's pretty dang good if you can get past the fact that the same federal Marshall kills at least 1 fugitive or deadbeat EVERY episode. Anybody with that kind of record would be making ice cubes @ The North Pole and shipping then to Antarctica

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003

Barry started back on HBO last night. Season 3.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Boardwalk Empire. Fantastic series all around. Kinda like The Sopranos, except taking place during the Prohibition Era of the 20's & 30's. Mostly historical figures (no doubt with liberties taken script-wise) including Arnold Rothstein, Lucky Luciano, Al Capone, Big Jim Colosimo, Johnny Torrio, Meyer Lansky, Bugsy Siegel, Dean O'Banion, Joe Masseria, Salvatore Maranzano, & more. More characters are loosely based on other real people, but with slight name changes.

Great plots & scripts, and top-notch acting. IMO one of the most underrated series of all time. 56 episodes over 5 seasons, so you can really sink your teeth into it.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Tokyo Vice on HBO has been really good to me.
Lot of subtitles but doesn’t take away from the series at all in my opinion.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
HALO is pretty good. I am also watching the remake of The Stand. King of Kingstown was pretty good.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Easily one of my all time favorites with a cast full of characters that would make you hate them one minute, but then really feel for them the next. Capone was my favorite character from the show, and I’ll never forget the scene with him sitting down on his kid’s bed when he knows he’s about to get locked up. He was ruthless, but like I said, you ended up having a lot of pity for most of them by the end of the series

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Thanks for the Halo recommendation. I honestly didn’t have high hopes for it, but it’s certainly better than expected two episodes in.

Also, just a PSA for anyone trying to find it that it’s actually on Paramount+

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Easily one of my all time favorites with a cast full of characters that would make you hate them one minute, but then really feel for them the next. Capone was my favorite character from the show, and I’ll never forget the scene with him sitting down on his kid’s bed when he knows he’s about to get locked up. He was ruthless, but like I said, you ended up having a lot of pity for most of them by the end of the series
Same here. More people should give it a try. Here's one memorable character who didn't garner any pity:

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Pleasantly surprised with halo. Outer Range on Amazon prime with Josh Brolin is looking promising. I don’t normally like the paranormal stuff but it is good so far.

I'm on the second episode of Outer Range, it certainly keeps my interest. Trying to figure out what role the hippy chick is going to play.

SwampDawg

Feb 24, 2008
I'm only about 6 episodes in to Justified. It's pretty dang good if you can get past the fact that the same federal Marshall kills at least 1 fugitive or deadbeat EVERY episode. Anybody with that kind of record would be making ice cubes @ The North Pole and shipping then to Antarctica
Hang in, it gets even better. I watched it on regular TV then again on one of the streamers, I forget which one. One of my favorites.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
Great show. I’ll never forget the first time I saw Uhtred, and I thought… this is the guy I’m supposed to believe was some great Nordic warrior? Now, I can’t imagine the series being what it is without him. The entire show has some really, really great casting

IMHO Uhtred best since Matt Dillon

BigLeagueChew

Aug 25, 2008
"We Own This City" on HBO debuted on Monday and was pretty good. Same executive producer who did The Wire. Takes place in Baltimore as well and is about the Gun Trace Task Force which reminds me of The Shield on FX.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The Outlaws on Amazon Prime is pretty good and easy to get through.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
Black Bird on Apple TV+ is one of the best shows I've ever seen. It's short - there is only 6 hour long episodes - but it's very very good.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
My wife and I have watched 5 episodes of Outer Range and stopped watching. Just wasn't getting anywhere.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I see alot of older series so I will mention Loudermilk on Prime if you haven't watched it yet. Ron Livingston is the lead.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
My wife and I have watched 5 episodes of Outer Range and stopped watching. Just wasn't getting anywhere.

I'm with you, it is very weird and probably more weird than it needs to be. It almost lost me a couple of times, but I will say that the twist at the end of the season wasn't obvious to me and has locked me in to at least start again when the 2nd series drops.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login