If MSU admin wants to know why our attendance…

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
Is dropping relative to others in the SEC, including our rivals, you saw it last night. Everyone in the country is having to work harder to get people to games. But we never know which team is going to show up. Last night’s win feels like a loss to the fans. This team does not show up in big games to put us over the top. We make mistakes that should have been corrected week one. We can’t consistently do the basics to get out of our own way. This is going on while our rival may win 10 or more games and look like a team that cares to show up every week.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
I won’t be shocked if it looks like a UGA home game next week and a spring game crowd the next.

rezdawg

Jan 6, 2010
Is dropping relative to others in the SEC, including our rivals, you saw it last night. Everyone in the country is having to work harder to get people to games. But we never know which team is going to show up. Last night’s win feels like a loss to the fans. This team does not show up in big games to put us over the top. We make mistakes that should have been corrected week one. We can’t consistently do the basics to get out of our own way. This is going on while our rival may win 10 or more games and look like a team that cares to show up every week.
You obviously were not in the stands. You are part of the problem. You’re only excusing your behavior.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Ole Miss beat Tulsa 35-27 giving up 457 yards. Tulsa's not as good as Auburn.

They also got shellacked by LSU.

They don't "show up" every week. They're a solid team, but they're finishing up with 3 of their 5 toughest games of the year. We'll see how it shakes out.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
When did some of our fans get so entitled? We are competing above our historical average. We are 6-3 in the SEC West with two of our three losses coming on the road against top 10 teams. It was sad to see about a quarter of the crowd leave before the end of the game last night because they didn’t want to sit in some mist. Some of our fans are so 17ing obsessed with Ole Miss, the fact that they have a couple more wins than us at this point in the season makes those fans fall into a state of depression and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
When did some of our fans get so entitled? We are competing above our historical average. We are 6-3 in the SEC West with two of our three losses coming on the road against top 10 teams. It was sad to see about a quarter of the crowd leave before the end of the game last night because they didn’t want to sit in some mist. Some of our fans are so 17ing obsessed with Ole Miss, the fact that they have a couple more wins than us at this point in the season makes those fans fall into a state of depression and wailing and gnashing of teeth.
We often struggle with perspective and objective data.

Ruled by our base primal emotions like half animals

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
The place was really full considering the weather. It was loud. I stood in the stands wet and starting to get cold until the end. It does piss me off hearing people who don't go to games complain about attendance.
I was there til the end as well. The crowd at the beginning of the game was good, and I think the announced attendance was a little less than 55,000. But quite a few people left at halftime and at least a quarter of the crowd had left by midway through the fourth. I’ve never understood people who pay to attend a game and then leave before it’s over, unless it’s a blowout.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I was there til the end as well. The crowd at the beginning of the game was good, and I think the announced attendance was a little less than 55,000. But quite a few people left at halftime and at least a quarter of the crowd had left by midway through the fourth. I’ve never understood people who pay to attend a game and then leave before it’s over, unless it’s a blowout.
A lot of the people that left around us had small kids.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The thought crossed my mind if I am being honest. I was wet, it was starting to get late and cold, but I hung in there. It was miserable weather. I can kind of give a pass especially to older people and people with kids. At least they were there at the beginning of the game.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I thought from my vantage point the crowd was great and Loud most of the game.
Granted, I could not see the East side upper deck so not sure about that.
One complaint I do have about the fans in the area I was in, a LOT seemed more highly invested in watching the ending of Bama-LSU and not our game in which we were in nail biting dog fight.
The loud cheers when Bama lost was ridiculous.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
. Some of our fans are so 17ing obsessed with Ole Miss, the fact that they have a couple more wins than us at this point in the season makes those fans fall into a state of depression and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I agree with your point. However it isn't a few games this year. It's about to be two full seasons. But that should not be decision maker on why people come to games or don't.

having lived and spent time in both the GTR and north MS, it's just a totally different mentally in regards to Oxford and OM as compared to the mentality in the GTR regarding MSU. Up in North MS, Oxford and OM are the attraction. In east MS, Alabama is the attraction. ...and many Columbus people are cheap AF and watch on TV. That's why we don't sell out (if we don't have a phenomenal team)... for the most part.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Losers attitude. Poor ole Mississippi State. We always been losers in our history . should be thankful to get to 6 wins. Wanting anything more is entitlement.

This program deserved templeton and deserved cohen with the fan mindset we have. No wonder good coaches don't want to stay here and good ADs use us as a stepping stone. A lot of our fan base is just set on old Mississippi state mode thankful to just not be in the cellar.
Who cares what our rival does? If they are beating us every year and having better records who cares? Damn!

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Losers attitude. Poor ole Mississippi State. We always been losers in our history . should be thankful to get to 6 wins. Wanting anything more is entitlement.

This program deserved templeton and deserved cohen with the fan mindset we have. No wonder good coaches don't want to stay here and good ADs use us as a stepping stone. A lot of our fan base is just set on old Mississippi state mode thankful to just not be in the cellar.
Who cares what our rival does? If they are beating us every year and having better records who cares? Damn!
Not showing up to games because we’re not winning 10 games a year is a loser’s attitude. You’re one of those fans who wants to fire the coach every 2-3 years if we’re not competing for the SEC West. Did you want to fire Mullen too? His 2011-2013 stretch was pretty mediocre. 7-6, 8-5, 7-6. I bet you were ready to run him out on a rail.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I've never said fire the coach for not contending for the west. I also haven't said fire leach yet, but I'm not okay with 6-7 win seasons every year of a coaches tenure snd getting their *** beat by ole miss, I'm also not okay with a team constantly playing sloppy and the excuse being well it's on the road when we did it again at home last night. I'm frustrated with the lack of discipline for the fundamentals we have shown for s month now. Thing is I know leach is frustrated too. But I don't know if he has figured out how to correct it. I'm also frustrated by his stubbornness to make adjustments and adapt. He faces adversity he goes right back to abandoning the run. Thing is we have/had potential to be a very good team this year had we not played so sloppy and forgot our cosching pills. We almost let a crap team beat us on our home turf last night because we got sloppy and didn't make adjustments during the game to fix it. Hell he took away receivers chairs but damn the whole offense snd special teams was putrid for 2 and a half qtrs.
I didn't want to fire Mullen because he was the best thing we had seen in years and bought a lot of credit with his second year winning 9 games. Dan built us from a 4-8 program to a 9-4 program in 2 years with inferior talent. His down years were with a young qb. His veteran qb teams were much better which is what you expect. We have a veteran qb and while we have improved from 2020 we seemed to have peaked.

Last edited:

muddawgs

Aug 22, 2012
That's just a sour puss take. I'm not happy with last night except that we won, but a win does not keep me from attending a game. If we would have lost, it definitely would. UGA game should be packed and it should be a very lively crowd. If we don't play better, then halftime may be a different story.

Reactions: Dawg84

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Is dropping relative to others in the SEC, including our rivals, you saw it last night. Everyone in the country is having to work harder to get people to games. But we never know which team is going to show up.
Excellent point. This truth is buried amongst the storylines of individual games and should be understood and addressed by the new AD.

Aug 22, 2012
I've never said fire the coach for not contending for the west. I also haven't said fire leach yet, but I'm not okay with 6-7 win seasons every year of a coaches tenure snd getting their *** beat by ole miss, I'm also not okay with a team constantly playing sloppy and the excuse being well it's on the road when we did it again at home last night. I'm frustrated with the lack of discipline for the fundamentals we have shown for s month now. Thing is I know leach is frustrated too. But I don't know if he has figured out how to correct it. I'm also frustrated by his stubbornness to make adjustments and adapt. He faces adversity he goes right back to abandoning the run. Thing is we have/had potential to be a very good team this year had we not played so sloppy and forgot our cosching pills. We almost let a crap team beat us on our home turf last night because we got sloppy and didn't make adjustments during the game to fix it. Hell he took away receivers chairs but damn the whole offense snd special teams was putrid for 2 and a half qtrs.
I didn't want to fire Mullen because he was the best thing we had seen in years and bought a lot of credit with his second year winning 9 games. Dan built us from a 4-8 program to a 9-4 program in 2 years with inferior talent. His down years were with a young qb. His veteran qb teams were much better which is what you expect. We have a veteran qb and while we have improved from 2020 we seemed to have peaked.
Here we go...back to Ole Miss. Our fans get mad when they say we are obsessed with them, but its absolutely true.

Also saying we didn't have talent in '10 is ridiculous. The only reason we were a perennial 4-8 team is because we hired the worst coach in modern college football history, and kept him 2 years too long.

Aug 22, 2012

Know how you become like Auburn is now? You let your idiot fanbase dictate our program with irrational, knee jerk decisions. Auburn won a National title in 10, and played for another in 13. How are they where they are now ? They listened to their irrational fanbase.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
And look where Tennessee. People were saying the same thing about them. The difference is they hired a really good AD that knew what he was doing. We hired a damn baseball coach. Same could be said with auburn. They have hired some good coaches in other sports. But football they haven't found the right guy yet but hell mahlzahn was there for years and had a lot of success. They also won a championship with chizik. And if Alabama has way surpassed them because Alabama made the right here years ago while auburn still had tuberville. They let them selves get way behind but they still won one. Meanwhile we have been to one New Years 6 bowl and they have become accustomed to sugar bowls being a regular thing but our fans are happy with being 6-6 because we just old poor Mississippi state. For 17 sake grow a pair dude.

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
This was us. We planned to just take my 8 year old but we’re offered an extra ticket for my 5 year old. Otherwise we would have stayed the whole game. If you haven’t taken a child that age to a game you probably don’t realize how worn out everyone ultimately gets. 3.5 hours (round trip in car), the game itself with a young child plus everywhere you go and everything you do you are holding there hand and moving at their pace. I mean we spent around an hour and a half in the bouncy houses alone…while it’s misting.

is it worth it? HELL YEAH….. memories for the kids you are trying to brainwash to become State fans(my God, I hope they can forgive me). Hopefully when I’m older one of them will return the favor and drive my then old *** to the game(I’ll still buy the tickets and lunch of course).

Reactions: STATEgrad04

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I won’t be shocked if it looks like a UGA home game next week and a spring game crowd the next.
Prepare not to be not shocked then. Next weekend is gonna be awesome with a great State crowd

I mean the weather sucked Saturday. Thats the reason.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Prepare not to be not shocked then. Next weekend is gonna be awesome with a great State crowd

I mean the weather sucked Saturday. Thats the reason.
That's not a difficult prediction on next week's game. Uga fans routinely spend $100/ticket for a home game against Troy. So...go support the Dawgs, or sell your tickets for $$$, and watch the Dawgs on tv.

Aug 22, 2012
And look where Tennessee. People were saying the same thing about them. The difference is they hired a really good AD that knew what he was doing. We hired a damn baseball coach. Same could be said with auburn. They have hired some good coaches in other sports. But football they haven't found the right guy yet but hell mahlzahn was there for years and had a lot of success. They also won a championship with chizik. And if Alabama has way surpassed them because Alabama made the right here years ago while auburn still had tuberville. They let them selves get way behind but they still won one. Meanwhile we have been to one New Years 6 bowl and they have become accustomed to sugar bowls being a regular thing but our fans are happy with being 6-6 because we just old poor Mississippi state. For 17 sake grow a pair dude.
The same Tennessee team that went on the road and got their asses kicked yesterday? The same UT that has had 5 head coaches in 15 years since Fulmer left? The same UT that is 41-70 in the SEC since that time? Keep functioning in your dream world.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah the same Tennessee that just beat Alabama and will more than likely finish 11-1 regular season snd might still make the playoff. Something we haven't snd won't do with the current mindset that thinks 6-6 is good enough every year.

Reactions: STATEgrad04

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Know how you become like Auburn is now? You let your idiot fanbase dictate our program with irrational, knee jerk decisions. Auburn won a National title in 10, and played for another in 13. How are they where they are now ? They listened to their irrational fanbase.

$0UNDS LiKE BASEBALL FANBASE SHOulD ALSO BE UNHEARD, HUH?

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter
Aug 22, 2012
Yeah the same Tennessee that just beat Alabama and will more than likely finish 11-1 regular season snd might still make the playoff. Something we haven't snd won't do with the current mindset that thinks 6-6 is good enough every year.
They are 2014 MSU. Breakout QB having a big year. Not making the playoff after being embarrassed like that yesterday, and finally beating the second or third best team in the west after a 15 year drought.

Have gone 0-8 twice, and 1-7 once in the SEC in the last 15 years, and they literally play Vandy every year. Yeah...let's be like them.

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
Is dropping relative to others in the SEC, including our rivals, you saw it last night. Everyone in the country is having to work harder to get people to games. But we never know which team is going to show up. Last night’s win feels like a loss to the fans. This team does not show up in big games to put us over the top. We make mistakes that should have been corrected week one. We can’t consistently do the basics to get out of our own way. This is going on while our rival may win 10 or more games and look like a team that cares to show up every
Doesnt feel like a loss to me. Maybe it should. But it doesn't. When I thought we were about to lose it felt much worse. Then we won. Then I felt better.

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
I had an absolute blast. Lead changes, wild plays, one minute drive to tie it, and then a win in overtime. All against a SEC West divisional rival.

If you were there and weren't entertained, you need to look in the mirror and evaluate why you're into this.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
We won, dammit.
We won, dammit.

We came back in a game where Cadillac had his guys juiced.

Leach and staff worked in their nine rah-rah way that some if you don’t understand cause all your old coach did was to berate you. We won, dammit.

I was there. I watched it. I stuck them out and the leaders on the team did their job, like they are coached to do.
Some of you ……

Leachbeach

Jun 23, 2022
I been lurking around here for a long time. Never felt the need to post, I don’t do well with criticism. I decided to put in my two cents, here we go!
We would have lost that game last night any other year! It’s a fact, I have attended, watched on tv or listened to almost every State game since I was 8 yrs old. I don’t remember every game, but what I have always known is that when faced with what happened last night, with a few exceptions, we fold like a deck of cards. We did not fold last night, I like most all of you have shook my head in disbelief at our loses this year, we should be a one loss team right now, didn’t happen. I believe Leach with all his faults is gonna prove to be the winningest coach in our history.
Don’t quit on our team, they coulda last night and didn’t!

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
Sooo, we get 1100 SEC games and our fans ***** about not having night games because the students don’t show up. We get 1830 games and we ***** because it is too late for kids so we empty out the stadium at halftime. Our fans deserve Croom for eternity.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
Not showing up to games because we’re not winning 10 games a year is a loser’s attitude. You’re one of those fans who wants to fire the coach every 2-3 years if we’re not competing for the SEC West. Did you want to fire Mullen too? His 2011-2013 stretch was pretty mediocre. 7-6, 8-5, 7-6. I bet you were ready to run him out on a rail.
^^^^THIS^^^^^
People that long for the Mullen days have short and selective memories. That 2013 season was literally 3 plays away from being 3-8. Also, Mullen was gifted a defense that was loaded with NFL caliber defensive players his first two years. We rarely won on Mullen’s offensive acumen.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
^^^^THIS^^^^^
People that long for the Mullen days have short and selective memories. That 2013 season was literally 3 plays away from being 3-8. Also, Mullen was gifted a defense that was loaded with NFL caliber defensive players his first two years. We rarely won on Mullen’s offensive acumen.
I hate when people use that example because you can just as easily say we are 3 plays away from being a 7 win team in 2009 and same in 13 we could have been better. Same in 2016. Plays happen the way they. One or two plays can change impact of a lot of games. One play away from beating bama in 17. I could go on. We made one more play than auburn did Saturday to win. That's the way it works. I'll give them that they didn't give up. The problem is they got lazy, distracted, and sloppy for almost three qtrs and made a game out of one that shouldn't have been. Good they finished and won but they want to take the next step as a program can't play that sloppy and get pushed around.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
I hate when people use that example because you can just as easily say we are 3 plays away from being a 7 win team in 2009 and same in 13 we could have been better. Same in 2016. Plays happen the way they. One or two plays can change impact of a lot of games. One play away from beating bama in 17. I could go on. We made one more play than auburn did Saturday to win. That's the way it works. I'll give them that they didn't give up. The problem is they got lazy, distracted, and sloppy for almost three qtrs and made a game out of one that shouldn't have been. Good they finished and won but they want to take the next step as a program can't play that sloppy and get pushed around.
Mullen and Leach virtually have the same record through the same amount of games played in their MSU career, with Leach having to play an all sec schedule in his first year. Our fans are up in arms because Ole Miss has been better than us, plain and simple.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Mullen and Leach virtually have the same record through the same amount of games played in their MSU career, with Leach having to play an all sec schedule in his first year. Our fans are up in arms because Ole Miss has been better than us, plain and simple.
As I said in another thread, Mullen had the good fortune of playing some terrible Houston Nutt coached Ole Miss teams his first few years and built up some goodwill with Egg Bowl wins. Leach has not been that fortunate.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We were worse off when Mullen took over. We had just been to a bowl game when we fired Moorhead and had the barn full. I'm not arguing that leach is that much worse than Mullen. Mullen did have a 9 win season in year 2. I think a lot of the talk with go away if leach can finish the year with 8 wins in year 3. All the talk with go away if he beats um and wins the bowl game.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login