If MSU admin wants to know why our attendance…

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Disagree about the "barn full." It wasnt as bad as when Dan took over from Croom (and that wasnt as bad as some make it out to be), but there were several roster issues Leach had to address due to Dan burning it down to get out of here and Joe's lack of discipline.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
When did some of our fans get so entitled? We are competing above our historical average. We are 6-3 in the SEC West with two of our three losses coming on the road against top 10 teams. It was sad to see about a quarter of the crowd leave before the end of the game last night because they didn’t want to sit in some mist. Some of our fans are so 17ing obsessed with Ole Miss, the fact that they have a couple more wins than us at this point in the season makes those fans fall into a state of depression and wailing and gnashing of teeth.
17ing loser *** mentality that plagues Mississippi State. GD losers! Just content to meh.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Mullen and Leach virtually have the same record through the same amount of games played in their MSU career, with Leach having to play an all sec schedule in his first year. Our fans are up in arms because Ole Miss has been better than us, plain and simple.
The All-SEC schedule really only cost Leach 1 win. He went 4-7. Take away the Vandy win and UGA loss and add 3-1 OOC record (it's arguable we might have won at #24 NC State, but we certainly wouldn't be favored), and he's 5-7 with no bowl game.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
As I said in another thread, Mullen had the good fortune of playing some terrible Houston Nutt coached Ole Miss teams his first few years and built up some goodwill with Egg Bowl wins. Leach has not been that fortunate.
And Mike Leach has beaten who this year? Losing records and .500 teams basically. People need to stop worrying about the damn past. What's going on now is what matters. People trying to prop up Leach by attempting to tear down other coaches in the past. Pus say a SS takes with nothing to show.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
And Mike Leach has beaten who this year? Losing records and .500 teams basically. People need to stop worrying about the damn past. What's going on now is what matters. People trying to prop up Leach by attempting to tear down other coaches in the past. Pus say a SS takes with nothing to show.

What would satisfy you as far as this season goes?

We're 6-3. Five of those wins were by 18 points or more before this last, admittedly bad, effort (that was still a win).

Two losses to the best two teams in the SEC West. Both on the road

A loss to a pretty good, but certainly not great Kentucky team.

What satisfies you and makes you happy?

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
The All-SEC schedule really only cost Leach 1 win. He went 4-7. Take away the Vandy win and UGA loss and add 3-1 OOC record (it's arguable we might have won at #24 NC State, but we certainly wouldn't be favored), and he's 5-7 with no bowl game.
Right, which would put him basically where Mullen was, record wise.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
What would satisfy you as far as this season goes?

We're 6-3. Five of those wins were by 18 points or more before this last, admittedly bad, effort (that was still a win).

Two losses to the best two teams in the SEC West. Both on the road

A loss to a pretty good, but certainly not great Kentucky team.

What satisfies you and makes you happy?
I want the program to advance past 5-7 wins. Get us 8 wins pretty regularly and sometimes 9/10+.
People basically saying their school sucked at football years ago and not trying to make it better holds us back.
Other than AL and GA, we've competed with most the other programs pretty well. LSU is up on us too but we've at least beaten them a couple times recently.
Leach and staff need to win 8 games this year for me to think they're getting it done.

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I want the program to advance past 5-7 wins. Get us 8 wins pretty regularly and sometimes 9/10+.
People basically saying their school sucked at football years ago and not trying to make it better holds us back.
Other than AL and GA, we've competed with most the other programs pretty well. LSU is up on us too but we've at least beaten them a couple times recently.
Leach and staff need to win 8 games this year for me to think they're getting it done.

You really believe what fans say about how good our program can be carries more weight than our budget, size and alumni base compared to the schools you want to compete with??

I guess I'm one of the pusses you dislike, but I find it pretty incredible what State (and Ole Miss) accomplish in football most years considering our resources. It's a testament to the talent in this state that is still underappreciated nationally and fanbases who care for the most part with a huge assist from being in the best conference in the land.

We really shouldn't be as good as we usually are...

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
I think I did. I mean I was happy up 21, but I think happier when we came back. I mean 17 dude I was going to have to eat a lot of chit living in Alabama . I guess seeing AU lose like we normally would made me feel like a hot pumpkin spice latte on the inside.

Last edited:

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
You obviously were not in the stands. You are part of the problem. You’re only excusing your behavior.
I didn't get to go to the game but the stands looked pretty full and sounded really loud on TV. Especially with the rainy weather. One auburn message board had complaints about how much they hate playing in DW because it is so loud. Just to give a little perspective.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Put the money in our NIL to sign 4-5 of the next recruitng classes in the National Top 10 rankings, and then get back to me.

Or.. move us out of the SEC where signing years full of 2 and 3 star player classes (with a handful of 4 stars) just might can make your demands happen with the right group of assistants who wont leave to chase the money at other schools

Go ahead and say this school has done this and this one has BUT they are in lesser conferences AND the NIL has erased the history of competing in the NCAA football world completely

If you cannot see these things as the new CFB landscape then you are an unrealistic and angry man who will never be happy no matter who our coach, assistants, or players are.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Put the money in our NIL to sign 4-5 of the next recruitng classes in the National Top 10 rankings, and then get back to me.

Or.. move us out of the SEC where signing years full of 2 and 3 star player classes (with a handful of 4 stars) just might can make your demands happen with the right group of assistants who wont leave to chase the money at other schools

Go ahead and say this school has done this and this one has BUT they are in lesser conferences AND the NIL has erased the history of competing in the NCAA football world completely

If you cannot see these things as the new CFB landscape then you are an unrealistic and angry man who will never be happy no matter who our coach, assistants, or players are.
TESTIFY, MY BROTHER!

AMEN

Mud84

Oct 14, 2012
Sooo, we get 1100 SEC games and our fans ***** about not having night games because the students don’t show up. We get 1830 games and we ***** because it is too late for kids so we empty out the stadium at halftime. Our fans deserve Croom for eternity.
Don't you wish that evil on me, Ricky Bobby.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login