If Sankey ever retires...

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I hope the SEC Presidents' first call is to Brett Yormack:

And yes, I can see how it could be a bad look and imply there's going to be some sort of league bias in that game (kind like that final Nebraska-Texas Big 12 Championship game), but I like that he's openly rooting for the people that are staying.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

And yes, I can see how it could be a bad look and imply there's going to be some sort of league bias in that game (kind like that final Nebraska-Texas Big 12 Championship game), but I like that he's openly rooting for the people that are staying.

Don’t see how its a bad look at all. UT and OU practically ran the damn conference for its entire existence and were given an absolutely absurd amount of favoritism with the unequal TV revenue sharing and so forth, and they STILL took their ball and went running at the first chance they got. Why would the Big 12 commissioner have anything other than total disdain for both schools?

Saying he should remain neutral and not derogatory towards the departing institutions is like saying a husband in the middle of a messy divorce litigation with a wife who cheated on him shouldn’t be dating or talking fondly of other women, just because the papers aren’t signed yet.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021

Considering those Presidents will include Oklahoma and Texas by that time, he'll likely already be in the hole 0-2.

And yes, it was a dumb thing for a conference commissioner to say publicly. If there is any sort of bad/game changing call or video review that goes against OU or Texas this year, people will point to this very comment with suspicions.

Reactions: Dawgg

patdog

May 28, 2007
I wonder how much of a genius he'd look like if the PAC-12 had taken the $30M offer from ESPN a year ago. He'd be sitting at 10 schools and about half the TV revenue they're going to get now. He's been good, but he's also been very lucky.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

I hope the first call is to Mark Keenum

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Don’t see how its a bad look at all. UT and OU practically ran the damn conference for its entire existence and were given an absolutely absurd amount of favoritism with the unequal TV revenue sharing and so forth, and they STILL took their ball and went running at the first chance they got. Why would the Big 12 commissioner have anything other than total disdain for both schools?

Saying he should remain neutral and not derogatory towards the departing institutions is like saying a husband in the middle of a messy divorce litigation with a wife who cheated on him shouldn’t be dating or talking fondly of other women, just because the papers aren’t signed yet.
Actually, as somebody who’s been through a divorce, speaking neutrally about your estranged wife and keeping your mouth shut about other women until the papers are signed is pretty sound advice.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Actually, as somebody who’s been through a divorce, speaking neutrally about your estranged wife and keeping your mouth shut about other women until the papers are signed is pretty sound advice.

I’m sure you are correct. And I hope you didn’t go through the scenario above. But if somehow you did, I really doubt anyone outside the situation would judge you that harshly….even if you didn’t follow the “sound advice”. Sorry if any of the previous post touched a nerve. Not my intention.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I’m sure you are correct. And I hope you didn’t go through the scenario above. But if somehow you did, I really doubt anyone outside the situation would judge you that harshly….even if you didn’t follow the “sound advice”. Sorry if any of the previous post touched a nerve. Not my intention.
Nah, we’re good. Mine was nothing like that. No nerves touched here!

Reactions: Perd Hapley

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Don't care much for Byrne. Not that he's not a good AD....he is. And not that he'd make a good SEC Commish.....he would. But I felt like he lied to us when he left MSU and went to Arizona because according to him.....he wanted to be close to his aging parents and other family & close friends. Then he turns right around and comes back a location 88 miles to our east. I really don't trust him now.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Byrne as Commissioner might be short-sighted.

I’d go the opposite direction.

Tim Cook GIF by Mashable

Unlikely. Very unlikely, I know.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
GONNA BE KEENUM
If Keenum were ten years younger, I could see it.

But he’s older than Sankey.

But it looks like Keenum has his 25 years in PERS so he could retire from Mississippi public service and paid by a non-state group like the SEC.

And even if he doesn’t have 25 years, he’s over 60.

I wouldn’t begrudge him for doing that.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
If Keenum were ten years younger, I could see it.

But he’s older than Sankey.

But it looks like Keenum has his 25 years in PERS so he could retire from Mississippi public service and paid by a non-state group like the SEC.

I wouldn’t begrudge him for doing that.
THATS ZACTLEE WHY: ITS HIS RETIREMENT HOBBY. HIS 13TH CHECK WILL BE LIKE 6 FIGURES

SEC: IT JEST MEENS MO’

(mo’ money, mo’ money, mo’ money)

Reactions: Maroon Eagle
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login