If this ain’t a Mississippi State turn of events…

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Dude averaged over 5 ypc for 3 years. Soft or not, this is a big loss. And calling out Leach is not a good look for us. Especially with other players appearing to agree with him.
That's going to be the problem in this age. Players these days talk and then recruiting and retention get even harder.

Reactions: patdog

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Sports God Doing Sports God Things to STATE. Give us a Baseball Natty then stomp our guts out the next year. Give us an Egg Bowl Win then kick us in the nuts. Maybe we'll get a Hoops Reach Around.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
So far we have 2 starters leaving if I'm not mistaken. This is a bad look for the team as a whole. It might turn into a mutiny but we will just have to see if we have a mass exodus tomorrow.

Reactions: Tsunhater

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
It’s about time to check out until this mess is over. This is like paying attention to another recruiting cycle. I purposely avoid it for this type of nonsense.

Reactions: Tsunhater

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Why do you care? We don’t need bitches on our team

we are fine
Well DJ was one of the reasons people were claiming we didn't run as much down the stretch and didn't beat Kentucky. DJ was the best back this year and were a better team with him on the field. All you guys thst make excuses for the offense used his absence as an excuse a lot not to mention those who claim retention, continuity, reps being a big deal. Not good when you have two of your top performers on offense wanting to transfer our before the damn bowl game has even been played.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Well DJ was one of the reasons people were claiming we didn't run as much down the stretch and didn't beat Kentucky. DJ was the best back this year and were a better team with him on the field. All you guys thst make excuses for the offense used his absence as an excuse a lot not to mention those who claim retention, continuity, reps being a big deal. Not good when you have two of your top performers on offense wanting to transfer our before the damn bowl game has even been played.
Offense wasn’t good. This was a defensive team. Who cares if we lose these clowns, proof will be in pudding next year.

coaching didn’t lose us the LSU or Kentucky games. ****** play did

let it play out. Your man Mullen would have his *** handed to him if he was coaching now

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Offense wasn’t good. This was a defensive team. Who cares if we lose these clowns, proof will be in pudding next year.

coaching didn’t lose us the LSU or Kentucky games. ****** play did
there's this thing called depth. losing 2 and 3 year starters in your system hurts. you can't spin it any other way. it's not like we're dragging in 5 star proven producers to replace them

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Every college football fan base sure loves to create a lot of drama, but we are the king when it comes to creating their tales to run with and convincing everybody that we are figuring out what goes down behind the scenes when we actually don't know a damn thing except what we've been told. Of course that has to be right, doesn't it? 100%

Some of the descriptions I've read about our football program and Coach from people using Twitter as a divining rod is absolutely 17ing hilarious

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
So far we have 2 starters leaving if I'm not mistaken. This is a bad look for the team as a whole. It might turn into a mutiny but we will just have to see if we have a mass exodus tomorrow.
I can’t help but think DJ started looking for a better NIL deal, got his feelings hurt and couldn’t handle some tough love like Coach Prime dishes out. Smart, tough and fast. Toughness is part mental, part physical. DJ has a family he’s willing to uproot for 1 year of NIL money. But I don’t personally know him, so it is what it is.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I'm sure the numbers have changed. But for some perspective.... here are the numbers halfway through the day yesterday ....

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Football players are not mentally tough anymore. Coach gets on your *** you take your toys and go home. That's how I see it.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
You cannot buy the publicity we got last night. You may think that bad publicity is bad and in a way it is.

However, every RB recruit in America knows there's an open spot now in Starkville and you better not be soft 😂

was21

May 29, 2007
Merlinz and Leach are cut from the same cloth. I don't think Dan wants to be a head coach anymore which is why he's going to be working under Beamer.
Mullen was taking a subtle shot at DJ and speaking the truth.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Every college football fan base sure loves to create a lot of drama, but we are the king when it comes to creating their tales to run with and convincing everybody that we are figuring out what goes down behind the scenes when we actually don't know a damn thing except what we've been told. Of course that has to be right, doesn't it? 100%

Some of the descriptions I've read about our football program and Coach from people using Twitter as a divining rod is absolutely 17ing hilarious
We lose 3 key starters and it's the fans creating drama? You can spin it however you want to, but this ain't good.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Well boys if Leach didn’t have a hot seat before he surely does now. They are right about him publicly shaming players, he’s always been that kind of dude. I think he can still coach ball but he’s not fit for the up and coming college football culture. The coach doesn’t hold all the cards anymore, for better or for worse.

Reactions: patdog

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022
Jett Johnson doesn’t seem to be supporting it.
Who would you want to have in a foxhole with you? DJ or JJ
I can unequivocally tell you who I want.
I don’t really have an opinion about being in a foxhole with 22 year old football players, more concerned with winning football games.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Football players are not mentally tough anymore. Coach gets on your *** you take your toys and go home. That's how I see it.
Football players are This generation is not mentally tough anymore.

We’re seeing it in every phase of the working world too. No amount of compensation is enough, every shortfall is someone else’s fault, and if I’m not a VP by age 27, I’m outta here. Delusion is at an all time high these days

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Well boys if Leach didn’t have a hot seat before he surely does now. They are right about him publicly shaming players, he’s always been that kind of dude. I think he can still coach ball but he’s not fit for the up and coming college football culture. The coach doesn’t hold all the cards anymore, for better or for worse.
He's not on the hot seat to me. Give him a raise! No ***.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Dude averaged over 5 ypc for 3 years. Soft or not, this is a big loss. And calling out Leach is not a good look for us. Especially with other players appearing to agree with him.

If you watch or pay close attention. The only persons getting ripped are the 2 people that did the recording and putting this out.

Former players are saying things like "My coach said a lot worse... is this s joke".

Leach will not be the one getting heat for this. It's going to be the 2 that set this up! And it might very well keep them off most teams. No coach is going want to think in the back of his mind.. "is he recording me". You can't do your job like that.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
We lose 3 key starters and it's the fans creating drama? You can spin it however you want to, but this ain't good.

There is no spinning to be done. It's just facts.

Fact:

- NIL is making players believe they hold the cards when they do not.
- Either we can pay them or not.

- RaRa made a deal, came back to get more was told no. He left. Happened to every TEAM in the SEC. So what.

- 2 guys thought they would get what they wanted. They didn't and sought to burn it down. THOSE are the facts to that.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
His seat is not even remotely warm. He’s not going to be in any hot seat because someone secretly recorded him talking about another player, and he didn’t even say anything that bad. Whoever did the recording needs to never play anywhere above SWAC level the rest of his career.

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
If you want to continue to watch this mutiny go look at Tulu’s Twitter likes. View attachment 275690
Those tweets are just as weak as Dillon Johnson's response. Coaches aren't friends and they don't and shouldn't have to kiss players asses to keep their jobs.

All this soft as **** is ridiculous. Do you fools not remember when scUM fans made a huge deal when Mullen was caught on camera cussing out a punter and they acted like he was the only coach that had ever dropped a cuss word?

These players aren't owed anything. Screw Dillon

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I don't know Dillon Johnson other than what I've seen on the field. I certainly wanted him back next year as a fan.

But that tweet tells me a lot more about him personally than I knew before. Immature to say the least.

What player with a lick of sense sends a message to all the head coaches who might want to give him an opportunity that this is what they are capable of if they disagree with that coach down the line??

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
If you watch or pay close attention. The only persons getting ripped are the 2 people that did the recording and putting this out.

Former players are saying things like "My coach said a lot worse... is this s joke".

Leach will not be the one getting heat for this. It's going to be the 2 that set this up! And it might very well keep them off most teams. No coach is going want to think in the back of his mind.. "is he recording me". You can't do your job like that.
Patdog gonna patdog

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login