If we’ve got $13 million laying around….

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
We can go and get Jaden Rashada, who just asked for his release from Florida after the financial backing for his NIL deal fell through.

Sounds like some boosters had buyers remorse and tried to pull a bait and switch. Could get ugly in Gainesville for Stricklin….ESPN mentioning that the possibility of a lawsuit against the Gator Collective and the athletic department is on the table.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
We can go and get Jaden Rashada, who just asked for his release from Florida after the financial backing for his NIL deal fell through.

Sounds like some boosters had buyers remorse and tried to pull a bait and switch. Could get ugly in Gainesville for Stricklin….ESPN mentioning that the possibility of a lawsuit against the Gator Collective and the athletic department is on the table.
We are squarely in the days of the Wild West. Literally no law and order.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

He’s gonna have to pull those pennies out of his shoes.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

I think we all know that the SPS scapegoat is fishwater. If we don't have a large NIL it's because he's being selfish.***

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
It doesn’t matter, because this is an actual contract. He signed a deal with their collective. Its not just a handshake agreement.
Be interesting to see how their collective is set up. Will they be the first collective to declare bankruptcy? Or will boosters pony up the money to avoid the (bigger) black eye.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
We are squarely in the days of the Wild West. Literally no law and order.

This ought to put even more perspective on MSU’s current uphill battle in recruiting. $3.25 million per year is now the price tag for a 4* QB that isn’t even Top 5 in the country at his position.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Deion was on the Manningcast during Monday Night Football and talked about NIL and basically said the quiet part out loud. He said something to the effect of "you can give players anything now, they want a kid? give em a kid. anything they want".

I wish I could find the video clip.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Be interesting to see how their collective is set up. Will they be the first collective to declare bankruptcy? Or will boosters pony up the money to avoid the (bigger) black eye.
Neither. Create a new LLC, assign NIL deals accordingly, open new bank account and transfer funds, repeat.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This ought to put even more perspective on MSU’s current uphill battle in recruiting. $3.25 million per year is now the price tag for a 4* QB that isn’t even Top 5 in the country at his position.
We never got those guys anyway. And we likely never will, unless he has the heart of a Jeffrey Simmons.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
The sport has been dealt a fatal blow and the next few years will be the death rattle. Something drastic will have to happen and whatever it is, it will likely only further benefit those already in power. RIP college football.

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022

I sure do hate to see that for Loafers. I wonder if his alma mater Jackson Prep will take him back in if he gets run out of town down there?

Reactions: Anon1664516582

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
The sport has been dealt a fatal blow and the next few years will be the death rattle. Something drastic will have to happen and whatever it is, it will likely only further benefit those already in power. RIP college football.

Yep. It’s an awful product now, and the 12-team CFP isn’t going to save it. It’s just going to spur even bigger spending from the 10-15 schools who are currently not elites but have enough money to buy their way to relevance.

We’re further away now from competing at the national level than we were at the end of the Tech and 10 season, which is stunning to think about. And even if we were closer, the emotional investment and connection has been destroyed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe Schmedlap

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yep. It’s an awful product now, and the 12-team CFP isn’t going to save it. It’s just going to spur even bigger spending from the 10-15 schools who are currently not elites but have enough money to buy their way to relevance. We’re further away now from competing at the national level than we were at the end of the Tech and 10 season.
No we aren't. Just fatalistic drama.

We aren't going to win a natty. But we can compete for it, and by that, I mean make the playoff.

Reactions: mcdawg22

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Neither. Create a new LLC, assign NIL deals accordingly, open new bank account and transfer funds, repeat.

Since they said the athlete might sue the collective and the school, what risk do you think the school has? I don’t think it is possible to claim the collective acted alone with zero input from the coaching staff on who to recruit and how much to offer them. This is where the collectives look very much like an arm of the university. I can understand a business hiring an athlete for advertising. Alternatively, the collectives appear to require nothing but a signature and attendance to the university.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Cam Newton's $180K lookin' like peanuts these days.
Albert Means. 1999. $200K from Bama booster. Bama learned how to not get caught after that.

Kentucky, Bama and Georgia paid $4K and $6K just to schedule a visit with him. Arkansas offered $150K and a job on the coaching staff to his PE teacher that was his "agent". Fulmer turned them all in.

10 years later Cam gets $180K.

Now in 2022 and 2023, 20 years later, it's well into the 7 figures for key 5 stars.

Fang1

Oct 1, 2022
Albert Means. 1999. $200K from Bama booster. Bama learned how to not get caught after that.

Kentucky, Bama and Georgia paid $4K and $6K just to schedule a visit with him. Arkansas offered $150K and a job on the coaching staff to his PE teacher that was his "agent". Fulmer turned them all in.

10 years later Cam gets $180K.

Now in 2022 and 2023, 20 years later, it's well into the 7 figures for key 5 stars.
Unreal. I’m obviously living in a completely different world.

Reactions: GomJabbar

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Hold on. How could he sue if they didn’t have a contract?

Verbal contract? Well we aren’t holding players to that so how are we holding schools, ADs and collectives to that?

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005

This is actually the type of thing that helps bring sanity back to the situation. We all knew these deals were ridiculous for an unproven kid who still kisses his mama goodnight. Eventually the market rate will be found and it will be lower than this ridiculous deal.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
The elephant is a slow meal. Have we not yet learned that nothing good can come from Washington Legislation. Once congress thinks they are the nanny for every so called mistreated human being, destruction is not far behind.

• Haha
Reactions: FQDawg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
The elephant is a slow meal. Have we not yet learned that nothing good can come from Washington Legislation. Once congress thinks they are the nanny for every so called mistreated human being, destruction is not far behind.
They can't handle their own affairs. I can't fathom how even remotely intelligent humans can look at them and say "you know what. they can handle me way better than i can handle me so lets give them more control."

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
We never got those guys anyway. And we likely never will, unless he has the heart of a Jeffrey Simmons.

We never got 4* QB’s who weren’t Top 5 QB’s in their class?

We had three of them on the roster at one time about a month ago.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Lest we forget, in the 70s we were put on multi-year probation and had to forfeit two years of wins because a football player was given a discount on clothing.

Now we have a player promised $13M and it is all perfectly legal.

Definitely reduced my interest in CFB significantly.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
This is actually the type of thing that helps bring sanity back to the situation. We all knew these deals were ridiculous for an unproven kid who still kisses his mama goodnight. Eventually the market rate will be found and it will be lower than this ridiculous deal.

Bingo

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login