If we play in the bowl game

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
We need to get Illinois to agree to let us wear dark jerseys.

we need a black jersey with the STATE word mark that Leach always wore. A Jolly Roger helmet would be awesome too..

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I think that is being discussed in another thread, but you are completely right. I hate the idea of getting Illinois to let us do anything. Just simply tell them this is what we are going to do given the current situation. If you do not like it then tough cookies as my grandmother use to say. I CAN NOT imagine Illinois saying they have a problem with us wearing any color.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
First of all, there is no "If" we play, and I cannot believe people are even thinking that's an option. Second, I have no doubt Illinois will go along with whatever tribute we want. They will likely wear black decals or something as well.

But, sadly, don't expect black jerseys to magically appear. Those special uniforms we wear take about 2 years to design and produce. Adidas manufacturing is in Asia, and the uniforms wouldn't get here even if they made them today.

It would be awesome if Adidas could cobble something together for us, but it seems unlikely. We will have to settle for decals and patches.

But MSU better start selling those black "STATE" hoodies.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
I think that is being discussed in another thread, but you are completely right. I hate the idea of getting Illinois to let us do anything. Just simply tell them this is what we are going to do given the current situation. If you do not like it then tough cookies as my grandmother use to say. I CAN NOT imagine Illinois saying they have a problem with us wearing any color.
Hell. Take the 15 yard penalty.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login