If Will had thrown 4 interceptions

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
And we lost the game to AZ in similar fashion can you imagine SPS Sunday morning?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Some of our fans have such a hard on for a mobile quarterback. Doesn’t matter how many interceptions or incompletions they throw. As long as they can run, they’re golden.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
They are on ED saying the same garbage. That if Wright had started the game we woulda won by 21 points ? Seems crazy to me. My opinion is if we had actually utilized Will and thrown 10 or 15 more passes we might have won easier. Way too conservative for me. I remember our teams when they couldn't throw the ball. Not pretty. It was 17/39. I would have preferred more like 31/25. I'm not against running the ball and love Wright running it. But run him outside so you can use his speed. Not straight at the best DL on their team ffs

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I was at the game. I miss things when I am at the game, and I have not rewatched the recording yet. In my humble observation it was the play calling and decisions made by the coaching staff. We could run the ball at will on them. They could stop it at times but mostly they could not. There were times they tried RPO, fancy flip the ball then flip the ball again plays, throw a pass when they should have run the damn ball. That 4th and goal on the 4-yard line, they should have kicked. Thank goodness for the defense coming up with the interception and state scoring. They played hard but I just think they got out coach for 2.5 quarters. We just had enough talent to overcome it. That is what worries me. The coaching will get better but damn the next three weeks are not easy games.

I will add this. That QB this past Saturday will probably be one of the top three we face all year. He was consistently on the run. Very illusive. Our guys just could not get their hands on him, and he could throw the ball way down field on the run. He threw 54 yards on the run. The DB's can only cover for so long until one gets open during the scramble. This week they face Daniels. A lot like the guy we faced this past Saturday.

Something else that worries me is that roll out pass to the running back. It seemed to work every time. How you stop it? Our linebackers could not cover it, they were not fast enough, and the DB had too much cushion.

Reactions: dog99walker

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I have stayed quiet since the game and let the Will haters yammer on. The game was tight because of the poor coaching on Offense. Too conservative in MHO. Arnett acknowledged that in the post game. Will and team moved the ball when they allowed him to pass.

BTW, Scotty Robertson did a good job for Baylor, but in the end an interception gave the ball to Utah and that was the reason they lost. Scotty had a great arm, but at scrimmages I witnessed, he threw occasional interceptions, a definite no-no for Coach Leach.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Dak Prescott is the standard that our fans hold every QB to and that will probably be the case for the foreseeable future. If you can’t pass AND run fast or run people over, our fans don’t think you’re any good.

Fitz got treated the same way Rogers gets treated. Our fans totally ignore the strengths and good things that come with this QB and nitpick the weaknesses.

Rogers isn’t Peyton Manning but he’s a lot better than some give him credit for. I can show you bad QB play in our history, we’ve got plenty of examples. Rogers isn’t really one of them.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Dak Prescott is the standard that our fans hold every QB to and that will probably be the case for the foreseeable future. If you can’t pass AND run fast or run people over, our fans don’t think you’re any good.

Fitz got treated the same way Rogers gets treated. Our fans totally ignore the strengths and good things that come with this QB and nitpick the weaknesses.

Rogers isn’t Peyton Manning but he’s a lot better than some give him credit for. I can show you bad QB play in our history, we’ve got plenty of examples. Rogers isn’t really one of them.
Rogers can throw from a clean pocket, that is all he can do. He can't run. He can't extend plays. He can't throw deep. Those are some pretty big damn "Can't" items in college football.

Since his 2nd year, hitting guys in stride downfield has been an issue. Our offense right now looks about as good as our Spring game. Go back and watch our spring game and then rewatch Arizona. Same ****, 40 practices apart.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I have stayed quiet since the game and let the Will haters yammer on. The game was tight because of the poor coaching on Offense. Too conservative in MHO. Arnett acknowledged that in the post game. Will and team moved the ball when they allowed him to pass.

BTW, Scotty Robertson did a good job for Baylor, but in the end an interception gave the ball to Utah and that was the reason they lost. Scotty had a great arm, but at scrimmages I witnessed, he threw occasional interceptions, a definite no-no for Coach Leach.
Let me also add that I’m still not a fan of the in and out shuffling at QB. If you want to let Wright run a series, fine, but all of this shuffling from one QB to another every few plays seems like it’s preventing the offense from getting into any kind of rhythm

Like trying to play a round of golf with some rando hopping out of the cart and hitting every 5th shot for you

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Let me also add that I’m still not a fan of the in and out shuffling at QB. If you want to let Wright run a series, fine, but all of this shuffling from one QB to another every few plays seems like it’s preventing the offense from getting into any kind of rhythm

Like trying to play a round of golf with some rando hopping out of the cart and hitting every 5th shot for you
Yeah, I have no problem with utilizing Wright, but why not let him run a whole series, or something? Bringing him for 1 play just to handoff does not seem very productive, even if we get a 1dt down out of it.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

Yes and no. Look at the top offenses in college football. What do they have in common. Most all of them run dual threat qbs minus a few. Most qbs are athletic enough to scramble and make plays with their feet. Yes dak is the standard here but across football for about 10-12 years the best offenses have featured dual threat guys that can pass and run and extend plays. Pocket qbs just aren't big deals in college football. Qbs are expected to run rpo, zone read, scramble and pass. There aren't very many guys like will out there on the top offenses. Yes he has a ton of yards. Yes he has a great completions better than anyone in our history. Yes he has won a bunch of games. He has been a pretty good qb for the air raid. He was going to have a bunch of yards and attempts in air raid simply because of the attempts. With all the yards we still weren't in the top 30 with total yards or points per game. If we wanted a dynamic offense that is in the top 30 consistently you need that dynamic qb. That may be parsons in a year or two. May not be. May be flowers. Right now we have Will and Mike. The way we are using them right now is dumb. It is predictable and makes zero sense. Will running zone read is dumb. He just can't do it. 3rd and long he is screwed because he is gonna take a bad sack. He also struggles with accuracy early timing or whatever. That causes the coach to lose confidence.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login