If you are angry about this loss, what could have made you okay with it?

Ethan Lee

Nov 13, 2022
Gaining 400+ yards of offense or scoring more 24 or more points (with the offense) would've been nice to see. Georgia's defense is stout this season and that sort of performance would've given me confidence about the direction of the team.

Reactions: KAS20 and dgsmith15

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Too many folks are acting like Lloyd Christmas thinking that a 15.8 percent chance of winning means that Mississippi State is certain to win…

Sigh. Be real, people…

From SI:

Georgia's chance of victory: The computer is siding heavily with Georgia, which has the 84.2 percent chance to defeat MSU and preserve its perfect record.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Not angry about the loss, it was expected. The offense should look better at this point though. Even two more TDs would look a lot better than what they did tonight.
If Leach’s philosophy is consistent execution then he is failing. The running backs are the most consistent group and they are hampered by play calling. The defense is decent, they consistently give the offense opportunities. We see occasional flashes of greatness on the offensive side but they have too many long droughts to remain competitive against capable teams.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
I'm genuinely curious. Short of an MSU win, which was never going to happen, what would you rather have seen tonight that would have made you not angry about losing this game to the best team in the country?
Fair officiating and Rara not dropping passes. Tonight was not a Leach issue at all and for folks to use last night as a reason to hate Leach (which I am one of those) is kind of silly. Hate Leach cause of 13-0 at LSU turns into 31-13. Hate Leach cause of the UK game. Last night wasn’t a Leach thing.

The fumble
The intentional grounding
The no call block in the back on the long TD run
The weak/late PI on Forbes on long 3rd down
The PI on them when their guy got there early in second half
The no called offensive PI on our guywho would’ve picked it…

Just a total shitshow display of incompetence last night in the stripes.

Oct 20, 2022
Two touchdowns in the red zone and no field goals would've been a start. A coach whose offensive game plan looks like it was well thought out. That'd be a couple of things.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Games like Kentucky, Alabama and Georgia expose the stubbornness of a coach who seems unwilling to adapt to today’s football. Its almost like - I’ve won 150 games, **** you.

At Mississippi State, you better have a mobile QB and an online that will fight their asses off on 3rd or 4th and 1. State might not pick up the first down, but after the game the other coach is talking about how tough MSU is to play and means it.

MSU is what it is - a mid to lower tier, blue collar SEC program. But its always had the reputation of being hard-nosed and physical and Leach has stripped that away in three short years and turned it into a finesse program. Games like last night are sad reminders of that.

Reactions: Maroon13

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
I'm genuinely curious. Short of an MSU win, which was never going to happen, what would you rather have seen tonight that would have made you not angry about losing this game to the best team in the country?
Before the game, I was thinking I’d be happy with just two non-garbage time TDs on offense. That would should show some progress. We consistently can’t do ANYTHING against any of the top half SEC teams offensively.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Tonight’s frustration isn’t just about game #34 of the Leach tenure.

It’s about the UK game earlier this year, the 2021 Egg Bowl, etc.
Exactly my thoughts. I’m not over the Kentucky game this year and zero egg bowl wins.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Before the game, I was thinking I’d be happy with just two non-garbage time TDs on offense. That would should show some progress. We consistently can’t do ANYTHING against any of the top half SEC teams offensively.
So if RA RA makes the catch on the perfectly thrown ball that hit him in the hands in the end zone you would have been OK? We moved the ball better than TN did against them.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
So if RA RA makes the catch on the perfectly thrown ball that hit him in the hands in the end zone you would have been OK? We moved the ball better than TN did against them.
No, already felt like garbage time at that point. Still would have been 2 scores down in 2nd half.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Tonight’s frustration isn’t just about game #34 of the Leach tenure.

It’s about the UK game earlier this year, the 2021 Egg Bowl, etc.
This is the best explanation. It’s also just regression of the offense. We are 34 games in and is there any losses you can really put on the defense? They’ve all been on our offense. And you hired leach thinking he would be able to make up ground on the elite teams with his scheme. When in fact it has not and middle of the road sec teams stop our offense. (See UK and Auburn)

also the team up the road, who is suppose to be on even playing ground with us, is winning 9-10 games a year and playing Alabama close every year and fans believing they can win and compete for the sec. And their coach talks and acts like it. All the while, our fans, just wave the white flag and accepts the status quo of being a team that just struggles to win 7 games a season

Last edited:

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
People keep saying our offense looked better than TN without realizing that they were playing in a monsoon. So just stop with that comparison. Both UGA and TN offenses looked bad in rain and mud

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I’m not upset about the game. I’m frustrated that I think we played very well but got screwed out of multiple huge momentum swinging plays. Would we have won if those go our way? Still probably not, that’s the best team in the country, but we would’ve had a chance. Constantly getting screwed the way we did just sucks the air out of the team. We played them as well or better than anyone has this year.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
People keep saying our offense looked better than TN without realizing that they were playing in a monsoon. So just stop with that comparison. Both UGA and TN offenses looked bad in rain and mud
And that was a lot bigger game for Georgia - at home - than that pit stop they made in Starkville last night.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I’m not upset about the game. I’m frustrated that I think we played very well but got screwed out of multiple huge momentum swinging plays. Would we have won if those go our way? Still probably not, that’s the best team in the country, but we would’ve had a chance. Constantly getting screwed the way we did just sucks the air out of the team. We played them as well or better than anyone has this year.
This!
Maybe if we had receivers who know how to catch a ball, linemen who can block, and refs who see blatant blocks in the back, the score would’ve been much much different. But alas…

KAS20

Jan 11, 2020
I just want to see the offense we were sold consistently. That’s all. I don’t know if Will has hit his ceiling and he is the main issue or if it is Leach’s style and system, or if it is a combination of the two. It just needs to get fixed and get fixed by the Egg Bowl because if we drop the Egg Bowl this program is going to have zero momentum and zero buzz. The Kentucky game just destroyed this team and they haven’t been the same since.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I was expecting a loss, but I did not expect the defense to 17 lose Darnell Washington and have him catch three critical passes, one for a 4th and goal TD. Tight end coverage killed us all night. How do you lose a guy who is 6’7” and weighs 270 lbs. Dammit, Annette!!

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
The consistency of the offense is top of my list. Right behind that is letting bad plays/games snowball. Either a call goes against us or we make a boneheaded play. For a series or two we play like crap and let that mistake affect us further. I feel like they don’t believe in themselves at times after something negative happens and it takes them way too long to recover.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Y’all remember the whole Leach loses games he shouldn’t lose, but he wins game he shouldn’t win mantra? I’m still waiting for the second half of that pact

Reactions: patdog

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
Y’all remember the whole Leach loses games he shouldn’t lose, but he wins game he shouldn’t win mantra? I’m still waiting for the second half of that pact
He has won games he shouldn’t have. He should’ve lost to Louisiana Tech last year and Auburn last year and this year.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Not angry, but like the players, disappointed in the execution of simple plays.

It's easy to step back and watch a team that's trying too hard beat themselves. That's what we did on about a dozen plays last night. Sure we probably would still lose but we looked intimidated and not ready for the spotlight. Again.

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
Not mad about the loss, honestly it was expected . I do t believe the outcome would’ve been much different even if some of the penalties where called or not called correctly. You can’t win games having inconsistent offense. You can’t win rushing for only 47 yards, only converting 3-14 third downs and going 0-3 on 4 th downs. Rogers seems like a decent young man and decent QB , not a high caliber quarterback. The WR are okay in Leach’s antiquated system, none of them can stretch the field which ties in the fact that Rogers doesn’t have the arm strength to stretch the field. In all likelihood we’ll end up 7-5 with a good chance of losing another bowl game. unfortunately it’ll remain that way as long as Leach remains stubborn.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Competing offensively. Competing defensively. And having a punter. Really no bright spot to speak of. But the worst part of yesterday was watching our mediocrity proven out in other games. Vandy beating KY. Yet another team competing with Bama.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Competing offensively. Competing defensively. And having a punter. Really no bright spot to speak of. But the worst part of yesterday was watching our mediocrity proven out in other games. Vandy beating KY. Yet another team competing with Bama.
Ole miss only competed with bama because we got the bama refs for our game. ***

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Games like Kentucky, Alabama and Georgia expose the stubbornness of a coach who seems unwilling to adapt to today’s football. Its almost like - I’ve won 150 games, **** you.

At Mississippi State, you better have a mobile QB and an online that will fight their asses off on 3rd or 4th and 1. State might not pick up the first down, but after the game the other coach is talking about how tough MSU is to play and means it.

MSU is what it is - a mid to lower tier, blue collar SEC program. But its always had the reputation of being hard-nosed and physical and Leach has stripped that away in three short years and turned it into a finesse program. Games like last night are sad reminders of that.
LOL! Ok.

So the recruiting doesn't reflect a change coming.

The 2 backs... nah. Not the narrative.

The running it more.. nah.........

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
If we ran third and nine qb draws all night I’d love the loss

i loved 33-39 in the sec, it was the golden years

just don’t try any of that new fangled throwing the ball crap

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Angry? No

Disappointed? Yes

This may be a small thing to others, but I was unimpressed with Leach having to be chased by the female reporter on the way up the hallway during halftime.

I do realize that these are generally a pain for coaches and for the TV audience, but as the "face" of MSU football, it leaves much to be desired for the impression it makes to the audience who doesn't follow us regularly.

After a while, the charm and humor of eccentrics eventually alienates the general public. Not a place the "people's university" (for whatever that means) wants to be

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login