If you could win Gold in any Olympic sport what would it be?

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
1st choice boxing, with all bouts won via the KO.
2nd choice 100m, setting a new world record each heat.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Golf would be cool because that means I am one of the best in the world, but I honestly might go with the 100M Running. Being the fastest guy in the world would be cool, especially being a white guy.
Not looking at it from a $ earning perspective, probably rugby because I played the sport from the late 70's through the mid-90's, prefer team sports and I love it. But if not that. then I think Bobsleigh, Luge or Ski Jumping.

I've thought, had I been introduced to Curling before I ruined my knees, I might have been really good at it. I was always pretty damn good at Shuffleboard. Curling looks like a helluva lot more fun than Shuffleboard, and I've just always had this sense I would've taken to it like a duck-to-water.

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
Not looking at it from a $ earning perspective, probably rugby because I played the sport from the late 70's through the mid-90's, prefer team sports and I love it. But if not that. then I think Bobsleigh, Luge or Ski Jumping.

I've thought, had I been introduced to Curling before I ruined my knees, I might have been really good at it. I was always pretty damn good at Shuffleboard. Curling looks like a helluva lot more fun than Shuffleboard, and I've just always had this sense I would've taken to it like a duck-to-water.
I have been watching the men’s and woman’s sevens. I did not realize how entertaining it is. Also, very quick.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Freestyle Wrestling... And I would then proceed to whip all your boxing ásses and take your medals too.**

You wouldn't be able to get inside the reach of my lengthy epee. It goes boinoinoinoing.

Arc Fencing GIF by All-Round Champion

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Some of you guys aren't thinking this through. Sure, you could probably win a gold medal in just about any sport and end up being a millionaire with speaking engagements, TV appearances, etc. but if you were on the Olympic basketball team you'd already be filthy stinking rich.

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
Hitting…
Great question. It depends on if I wanted to monetize it. I think being the fastest person in the world would be really amazing, but I think the woman's overall all gymnastics gold has the best chance to monetize because of the amount of tv / air time the event commands.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Based on the amount of fame and notoriety you’d get from a particular event, I’d have to pick the 100m in track.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
You wouldn't be able to get inside the reach of my lengthy epee. It goes boinoinoinoing.

Arc Fencing GIF by All-Round Champion
So many people say the dead time is the worst on this board. I submit this as exhibit A why they are wrong. I’m not kidding this summer has had more legit gut laughing posts than I can remember and this is right up there near the top.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Great question. It depends on if I wanted to monetize it. I think being the fastest person in the world would be really amazing, but I think the woman's overall all gymnastics gold has the best chance to monetize because of the amount of tv / air time the event commands.
Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
After yesterday, I'd like to beat Imane (Im a man) Khelif in the gold medal round of womens boxing

Reactions: She Mate Me

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
I have been watching the men’s and woman’s sevens. I did not realize how entertaining it is. Also, very quick.
Yeah. I've always preferred the full 15-per-side Rugby Union, but 7's is fun if you are fit. Exhausting to play. 7 on a side playing on the exact same field as the full 15. All 7 having to run and tackle without taking a break.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Yeah it really does show how good they are. Theyre hitting the 10 ring at that distance.
Been watching all week and NBC has done a terrific job but thought they did that event a bit of a disservice with their camera angles and how far that was. Understand it's not much of a made for TV event but more of those cool slow mo shots from behind gave you a better sense. Saw the Korean guy in glasses a couple of different times .... he's pretty good.

Curious for the bow/gun hunters on here. Is there any interest or connection to the archery or shooting events?

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Read a book once where a guy was granted his wish to be the best golfer in the world. Instead of him becoming better at golf, though, everyone else in the world became terrible. Eventually, everyone lost interest in the game.

Now that's what I think of every time someone asks questions like this. I never could run very well. For me to be the fastest man in the world, the rest of you would be slow AF.

Reactions: FormerBully

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
What ever sport it is...let me face the Italians. They bring the loveliest fan section in the Olympics

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login