If you really want Mississippi State to win

Aug 24, 2012
Give to the Bulldog Initiative and Bulldog Club. $10 a month Or $10,000 per month, whatever you can afford.

If we want to be competitive we have to be invested.

Charlie Winfield is busting his *** and getting us the most out of it.

Barring baseball, We are having one of the most successful athletic years at MSU.

Please invest in the continued success of this program.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
This isn't a shot at Charlie. It's more of a question.

is he getting the most out of the fan base? Or is there more blood in the turnip?

my belief is we have a small fan base and very little commercial sponsors..... so it is what it is at this point.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg
Aug 24, 2012
This isn’t a shot at you, but a general statement

If you’re not giving what you can afford to NIL and Bulldog Club, then you’re part of the problem and have no right to complain about results, without being a hypocrite.

Same applies to voting, don’t ***** about taxes if you don’t bother to vote.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020

If you’re not giving what you can afford to NIL and Bulldog Club, then you’re part of the problem and have no right to complain about results, without being a hypocrite.

Zat you, DogBusDriver?

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023

hahahahahahahahaha.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I give to both and buy football season tickets.

Let me phrase another way, is the percentage of our fan base that gives to NIL and the BC low compared to other SEC schools?

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
This isn't a shot at Charlie. It's more of a question.

is he getting the most out of the fan base? Or is there more blood in the turnip?

my belief is we have a small fan base and very little commercial sponsors..... so it is what it is at this point.
We aren't even remotely getting funds from the majority of the fan base. Football is really hurting. We've got a crap ton of old sore heads with money that think they're above giving money to something like this. Good news is the school is about to get involved, which is why Cohen sucked so bad. He held us back by not doing the necessary things, especially on the football side.

Reactions: Maroon13

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

Or ........ it could be that a given fan's list of priorities with respect to limited entertainment dollars is more extensive than, say, the typical mouth-breather, trailer parker over in Gordo/Reform.

idog

Aug 17, 2010

nope. anyone who contributes to MSU in any form, including tuition (past or present) has every right to have an opinion, regardless of yours.

Aug 24, 2012
nope. anyone who contributes to MSU in any form, including tuition (past or present) has every right to have an opinion, regardless of yours.
Ok, which direction does the cash flow?
Academics to athletics or athletics to academics?
Athletic success increases enrollment plus Several millions of our SEC TV contract funds goes directly to the school.

I respect your opinion, but the original point, if you want Mississippi State to win, please give what you can afford to the Bulldog Initiative and Bulldog Club still stands.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016

All of what you said is complete dogpoo

This is the biggest bunch of crap. Our baseball program is Exhibit A.

Reactions: WrightGuy821

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
One more thing, I got an acknowledgment email from them when I joined. I get an email every month saying they are taking my monthly donation.

other than that, I see absolutely nothing as to where my money goes or what they have done with the money. Or just a statement in general. Absolutely nothing. Just money in a hole and State keeps on losing.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
If you enjoy throwing money in the air and watching it disappear in the wind, the NIL is your gig. By all means, Give!!, MSU will take care of it for you.

17 off

As for me, enough of what I work for is unwillingly given away to incompetent bastards. I won’t allow any more to be squandered.

Last edited:

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
To each his own. Make your own decisions. I love supporting Mississippi State, both academics and athletics. But I’m pretty much out on the NIL Wild West. The argument that we’d have the resources to compete with the rest of the SEC if we’d all just pony up more falls flat with me. Why? Because if we all raised our game, the other bigger programs would just respond in kind and raise the prices of the best players. We are chasing the wind here in the SEC until there is some kind of salary cap like controls on the madness.

CharlieWinfield

Feb 15, 2015
One more thing, I got an acknowledgment email from them when I joined. I get an email every month saying they are taking my monthly donation.

other than that, I see absolutely nothing as to where my money goes or what they have done with the money. Or just a statement in general. Absolutely nothing. Just money in a hole and State keeps on losing.
I hate to hear that. We started sending out some email updates recently trying to do a better job of communicating - if you haven’t seen any of those, please let me know so that I can look into this. As to more information on specific people we have been working with, we have done some - but, with the transfer portal open in football until recently, I’ve been attempting not to stir the pot. In any event, I think there are some real improvements coming in the next couple of months that will put more steam in the engine to help us be more effective overall and to address these type issues as best we can. Just been overwhelmed, but we are getting this fixed with some urgency. In the interim, I don’t want it to be lost that everyone’s involvement has provided critical help to providing opportunities in football at a very important time. Anyway, feel free to shoot me a DM if you want to talk through anything, and I will be happy to talk.

Last edited:

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
A lawyer is the perfect fit to head up this NIL deal. They specialize in taking money from working people and giving it to those that don’t.

Sorry, I don’t care for lawyers.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Give to the Bulldog Initiative and Bulldog Club. $10 a month Or $10,000 per month, whatever you can afford.

Barring baseball, We are having one of the most successful athletic years at MSU.

I think NIL is creating, or maybe just contributing to a bubble that is about to burst. Most of the people that contribute to this probably can’t afford it. College sports was already expensive for the average fan to follow, now we’re asking Willy from Aberdeen who just bought a Silverado he can barley afford to chip in or else bear the agony of watching his team lose more than one game per season and garsh darnit he’s all in for $1000 a month for the boys in crimson… on a credit card.
I’m all for contributing a nominal and personally affordable amount until that bubble bursts, because we can only compete after most of the trailers and silverados in Alabama and central Louisiana get repossessed because of this ****.

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010

Let me phrase another way, is the percentage of our fan base that gives to NIL and the BC low compared to other SEC schools?
I am probably not alone and am like others, who have prioritized Jesus Christ ahead of Mississippi State, as much as I love our university. This limits what I give to its sports programs. I give far more of what I have to charities that glorify Christ.

Feb 25, 2018

Does the initiative spread across all sports? If so I'd like my $10 spread out equally by least flamboyant and least marketable.......last I saw we have no hot gymnast......our flag in Rushmore is baseball and the monstrosity we built.....if baseball goes to **** we go to ****

Reactions: QMartinez

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I understand the urgency, but I would move cautiously until this settles out. If we lose some folks in one signing class at any sport, there's another. And there's the portal to consider too. If I was a young guy starting out wanting to be a coach, I would have to think long and hard about whether I wanted to coach and deal with all this crap on top of everything else.

We do need to get started we just need to do so carefully and resist the bidding wars for right now. I am really glad we can help these kids make some money to help with the expenses and get a piece of the pie they create but I think they should have to help prepare the pie too. I always thought the big bucks should be tied to their performance and graded in different ways.

Reactions: SouthFarmchicken

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
This thread is a great example of the MSU fan that doesn't give **** but will complain anyway. From Jesus to welfare to general butt hurt, there's always a reason for a state fans not to support athletics.

Feb 25, 2018
Its because its a multi million dolla industry, new AD and baseball is our lifeblood......and its because of those reasons lemon needs to go. We're at the bottom, program is in shambles.....honestly have you ever seen such apathy? Fire the guy and let's move forward

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
If only we had some non binary transgender influencers working on these issues maybe we could see vast improvement and more fan engagement. Plus attract a younger crowd and more 5 star players.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
This thread is a great example of the MSU fan that doesn't give **** but will complain anyway. From Jesus to welfare to general butt hurt, there's always a reason for a state fans not to support athletics.
17 you. I'm not going to contribute to the NIL because it's a ****** system. I got the money to do so but won't. I give it to the University in other ways and to charities how I see fit and people like you can go suck a big one if you don't like it.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
I think NIL is creating, or maybe just contributing to a bubble that is about to burst. Most of the people that contribute to this probably can’t afford it. College sports was already expensive for the average fan to follow, now we’re asking Willy from Aberdeen who just bought a Silverado he can barley afford to chip in or else bear the agony of watching his team lose more than one game per season and garsh darnit he’s all in for $1000 a month for the boys in crimson… on a credit card.
I’m all for contributing a nominal and personally affordable amount until that bubble bursts, because we can only compete after most of the trailers and silverados in Alabama and central Louisiana get repossessed because of this ****.
This is 100% the truth. I truly hope you are correct about the bubble bursting.

It’s college sports with now professional athletes. I loathe pro sports. I haven’t watched a Super Bowl in 9 years (when I turned 30). I think it’s a symbol of everything wrong with our society. Capitalism is obviously the best financial system there is but it also highlights a negative consequence of the system.

For whoever said something about lawyers, I hate them and I am one. I only practice law part-time to serve the community, it’s no longer what feeds my family. I’ve also put a halt to taking any more cases because I despise, in general, dealing with other lawyers. Don’t get me wrong, there are some great and honest people that are lawyers that are my best friends, but those are few and far between.

patdog

May 28, 2007
17 you. I'm not going to contribute to the NIL because it's a ****** system. I got the money to do so but won't. I give it to the University in other ways and to charities how I see fit and people like you can go suck a big one if you don't like it.
Do what you want. It’s your money. I hate the system too. But we can’t change that. It is what it is. Without NIL funding, we’re looking at the Shira era all over again (in all sports). So I hold my nose and have the Initiative bank draft my account every month.

Reactions: FloodDawg

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I'm not contributing. It's not important enough for me to throw cash on NIL's that my family might need so that I can feel good emotionally. None of them care, my wife is an LSU grad and none of my kids are going to State, and I'd likely get outvoted if I asked them to do this. I'm not even sure what the ROI would be in terms of personal satisfaction. Taking care of my family is more important because one day I'll be relying on them to take care of me. I'm pretty sure that none of the players or coaches know who I am or care much about my well being. I doubt they'd come to watch me work. I enjoy watching State play and win. I enjoy watching baseball because we're usually good. It just took a little time for me to give up caring about the product this season and I haven't lost sleep over it. I found other things to do. It'll be interesting to see what the NIL does to schools like State. Money mattered before in college sports and now it really matters. I typically don't want to spend money on things that disappoint me. There are too many factors and people who can make my donation unrewarding for me and my family.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Do what you want. It’s your money. I hate the system too. But we can’t change that. It is what it is. Without NIL funding, we’re looking at the Shira era all over again (in all sports). So I hold my nose and have the Initiative bank draft my account every month.
Here’s the thing. Those that benefit from the product should pay for the product. That’s the school. That’s the tv network. It’s certainly not me or you. We won the national championship in baseball. That benefits the school. Final four in women’s basketball. Benefits the school. I may be happy for a day or two but I’m not 12 years old. It’s not important. What is important is the school and how it educates our young people. That publicity is important for enrollment.

There is literally no return for investing in NIL. Sure, we could maintain the status quo. So what? A ****** university in a ****** state. I happen to love both, but objectively ******.

You spend your money where your heart is. Certainly not in MSU athletics for me. Yea, I probably go to 3 football games and 8 basketball games a year but I probably haven’t bought a ticket in 10 years. I won’t either. And, if I was Warren Buffett, donating to MSU athletics or the NIL would not make the list. The university is a different story.

These are professional athletes first. Social media whores second. I’m pretty certain many aren’t even students. Legally, yes. Practically, no. Stop the charade.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Excuse GIF by MOODMAN

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Here’s the thing. Those that benefit from the product should pay for the product. That’s the school. That’s the tv network. It’s certainly not me or you. We won the national championship in baseball. That benefits the school. Final four in women’s basketball. Benefits the school. I may be happy for a day or two but I’m not 12 years old. It’s not important. What is important is the school and how it educates our young people. That publicity is important for enrollment.

There is literally no return for investing in NIL. Sure, we could maintain the status quo. So what? A ****** university in a ****** state. I happen to love both, but objectively ******.

You spend your money where your heart is. Certainly not in MSU athletics for me. Yea, I probably go to 3 football games and 8 basketball games a year but I probably haven’t bought a ticket in 10 years. I won’t either. And, if I was Warren Buffett, donating to MSU athletics or the NIL would not make the list. The university is a different story.

These are professional athletes first. Social media whores second. I’m pretty certain many aren’t even students. Legally, yes. Practically, no. Stop the charade.
It's coming. Players are going to get a part of the tv money in the future. It's already sitting in the court system.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Awww, nerve was struck. You realize giving to BI is giving to a charity too right? You get the same write off.
Like I said, damn old soreheads that are above it.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Go for it. I'm not going to be pressured through the guilt theme others promote. I will continue to give to other areas of MSU.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
This should solely be a burden on businesses and the universities.

Making the public essentially pay twice for these athletes is bullshite, and businesses and universities want to keep you blind to that fact.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Awww, nerve was struck. You realize giving to BI is giving to a charity too right? You get the same write off.
Like I said, damn old soreheads that are above it.

The NIL is too new and unknown for most people to throw money at. I think you'll get your wish a little bit later, but I think for now people don't want just to waste their money. You can get mad if you want. That's the way they look at it because they don't see exactly where the money is going. It's not anybody's fault it's just brand it, and everybody's feeling their way through the dark. We are trying to figure out how to handle this and don't have pocketbooks like Texas A&M.

It's a damn shame this will divide CFB even more than it already is.

Reactions: aTotal360

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022

Yes. Compared to other conference schools, our fan base doesn’t step up like others.

Reactions: patdog

HotMop

May 8, 2006

Attachments

• conor-mc-gregor-who-the-fook-is-that-guy.gif
    conor-mc-gregor-who-the-fook-is-that-guy.gif
    906.8 KB · Views: 4
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login