I'll ask...did Leach win anyone over tonight?

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Yes. I thought we’d win but I thought it would be a low scoring game. Putting up all those points and yards on by statistical accounts is a great defense showed he can scheme up a great game. I still don’t like how we make a lot of mistakes and gift people opportunities but tonight was a massive win for Leach. It’s becoming clear the LSU game is the outlier this season

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
One of these days all those dumb, stupid penalties due to lack of discipline is going to directly cost us a game. Somehow Leach is going to have to get on top of that. You don't see that from Saban-coached teams, among others. If he has to bench guys to get that message across, so be it. Two celebration penalties in one game is inexcusable.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Not yet. If the running game and downfield passing game, dink and dunk mix we saw today continues over time he might win me over. I HATE the TOTAL dink and dunk passing crap. Today was MUCH better.

Reactions: Beretta.sixpack

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
One of these days all those dumb, stupid penalties due to lack of discipline is going to directly cost us a game. Somehow Leach is going to have to get on top of that. You don't see that from Saban-coached teams, among others. If he has to bench guys to get that message across, so be it. Two celebration penalties in one game is inexcusable.
Saban coached teams are the most protected teams in college football. And these refs were trying their best to protect the Aggies. Some of the penalties were warranted but a lot were ticky tack crap.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Not yet. If the running game and downfield passing game, dink and dunk mix we saw today continues over time he might win me over. I HATE the TOTAL dink and dunk passing crap. Today was MUCH better.
We rushed 24 times for 6 yds per (albeit a few OBTW runs on our last drive) but we TRIED and we came to play the rushing game today. Loved the balance and how we kept A&M guessing and the blocking was the best so far this year. I'm damned impressed and my semi negative attititude has gone to cautiously optimistic with my usual STATE Wool leading way. I was not expecting what I saw today and am surprisingly surprised and happy.

Last edited:

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
There are some people who Leach will never win over barring a national championship. They just don’t like his offense or his quirkiness, or his placid sideline demeanor, etc. We will eventually lose another game and the same people will be saying how Leach sucks and we will never win with him here, etc.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I have yet to want him gone. I think he is fine and will be happy with him staying.

Many of the petulant children who throw emotional tantrums any time MSU loses will want him gone as that is all they can manage to come up with for how to fix things after a loss.
Luckily those in charge are not as reactionary as many fans.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Saban coached teams are the most protected teams in college football. And these refs were trying their best to protect the Aggies. Some of the penalties were warranted but a lot were ticky tack crap.
Agreed. The pass interference calls late in the game were a piss poor attempt to keep the aggies in the game. Nonetheless, to have 50 yds of penalties going into the half is just making the guys work harder.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I was pretty frustrated with the offense through the first 1/3 of the game. The team was was able to get some big plays and put points on the board the rest of the game.

Maybe LSU was the bottom of the Mike Leach Experience.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
We went damn near 50 / 50 and averaged over 4 yds per carry (albeit a few OBTW runs on our last drive) but we TRIED and we came to play the rushing game today. I'm damned impressed and my semi negative attititude has gone to cautiously optimistic with my usual STATE Wool leading way. I was not expecting what I saw today and am surprisingly surprised and happy.
I need to see more games doing the same. Leach has a definite track record, and what we did today isn't his MO.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Beating Texas A&M is definitely his MO.
Maybe, but not the run/pass mix today, or the long/short pass mix. That's something different for sure. LONG May it continue. It gives cause for hope for the first time in a long time.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We went damn near 50 / 50 and averaged over 4 yds per carry (albeit a few OBTW runs on our last drive) but we TRIED and we came to play the rushing game today. I'm damned impressed and my semi negative attititude has gone to cautiously optimistic with my usual STATE Wool leading way. I was not expecting what I saw today and am surprisingly surprised and happy.
We were 25 runs and 45 passes. Nowhere near 50-50. But we don’t have to be 50-50. That was plenty of runs to keep the defense off balance.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
We were 25 runs and 45 passes. Nowhere near 50-50. But we don’t have to be 50-50. That was plenty of runs to keep the defense off balance.
My Bad (Again)... Agree with the balance advantage we took advantage of. Nice to see some rushing outta this team.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Enjoy the Win. Y’all are really miserable *** people. The fans on this site really do suck!! Mizzou almost beat UGA today and our fans here whine about beating a Top 5 recruiter by 3 TDS. You all suck!!!
THATS RIGHT!1! DONT KICK A COW PATTIE ON A HOT DAY

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
There 3 types of fans here

1. Ride or die - whoever is employed by the school
2. Hater- going to hate till they are proven right
3. Bipolar - game to game or play to play. Good play “We are going to the ATL” next bad play “We suck fire Kenum, Cohen and Leach”

So 1 and 2 will never change their mind but 3 changes their mind so often that they can’t remember if they are for or against

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
No, this is what Leach does. We have a bad loss and everyone is down, then he pulls a big win out of his *** and gets everyone excited and fired up before the inevitable kick to the balls.

It's always fun to kick the **** out of A&M...we own them. But I'd like to see us have a pulse against Georgia and Alabama, win the games we should win (Kentucky and Arkansas), and not **** the bed against Ole Miss or Auburn. And as great as yesterday was, it doesn't undo the terrible LSU loss anymore than last year's victory over A&M undid the Memphis loss. Oh yeah, and somebody remind me how last season ended....

I'm hopeful, but not optimistic.

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
I was never a fan of us hiring Leach....Im happy he is winning and will continue to support them....I was against hiring him for one main reason: I don't think he will ever beat Ole miss....he doesn't put much into rivalry games (he has said it himself) and this was what all the folks told us when it was rumored he was going to be hired...

I will also go on record that I was never a fan of hiring Cohen as AD......few years later.....still not a fan....

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
. . . Y’all are really miserable *** people. The fans on this site really do suck!! . . . You all suck!!!
Oh yeah?

If you think everybody on this message board sucks, then why are you on it?

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
No, he is who he is. He’s going to look like a genius some nights and a doofus other nights. He’s going to lose games he isn’t supposed to. He’s going to win games he isn’t supposed to.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Enjoy the Win. Y’all are really miserable *** people. The fans on this site really do suck!! Mizzou almost beat UGA today and our fans here whine about beating a Top 5 recruiter by 3 TDS. You all suck!!!
Well since we don't have anonymous (n) I'll just give you a public (n).

Thumbs Down

Sep 29, 2022
New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Yes. I thought we’d win but I thought it would be a low scoring game. Putting up all those points and yards on by statistical accounts is a great defense showed he can scheme up a great game. I still don’t like how we make a lot of mistakes and gift people opportunities but tonight was a massive win for Leach. It’s becoming clear the LSU game is the outlier this season
I think what is becoming clear is several things

we didn't play great against lsu but lsu is talented and beating them at home isn't easy. Ever. Especially when you gift them momentum and a touchdown at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login