I'm calling it now

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
Greg B goes thru the same **** as Doc and quits. Old State bastards don't like change. They like doing the same **** over and over and getting the same results. I've seen it for too long.

NutherT

Oct 14, 2007
Listen to me. This was not the decision of donors. This was Doc's choice. He CHOSE to quit because the IHL was getting under his skin. End of story. The Cigar Boys didn't help, but Doc quit, pure and simple. He could have stayed. He chose not to.

No black helicopters to this story.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Byrne will face all of the same obstacles that Doc did. However, Byrne won't provoke people like Doc did and he'll be much more diplomatic in trying to make changes. He'll have a better chance of long-term success than Doc ever did. My concern with Byrne is that he'll use us as a stepping stone to a bigger-time school. Which is fine with me if that's the way things work out. It'll mean he did a lot of good while he was here.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Is this information that you know for a fact, or are you just giving us your opinion? I'm not asking you to name a source, just let us know if you do have a solid source for this?

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
he will go through the same **** and needs to. Doc just didn`t have the "it" it takes to manage people who he couldn`t court marshal for disagreeing with him. As time goes by you`ll find out Doc buttered his own bread in more ways than one.

NutherT

Oct 14, 2007
No. Doc made assurances to the IHL during the interview process regarding hiring practices. He did not keep his word, and the IHL called him on it. He over-reacted and threatened to quit on the spot a couple of weeks back. It finally came to fruition today, and I can also tell you that the Doc-Obama connection is real. I think there is a strong possibility that an opportunity to make a splash for the campaign in Mississippi before Tuesday caused him to go ahead and pull the trigger.

Judging by the backlash against Doc in the C-L comments though, not so sure the Obama campaign will still want him.

TnDawg76

Feb 17, 2008
I seriously doubt the Obama campaign is counting on Mississippi. In the primary, he is a lock due to the overwhelming majority of black democrats in the state. And as far as the presidential election, Mississippi and its 8 votes in recent history have been solidly republican.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
then just wait until Hillary Rotten Clinton and the Clinton machine starts attacking him. They'll destroy him before he gets a chance to resign.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Obama might be in for a surprise with all the Republicans crossing party lines to vote for Hillary on Tuesday.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
But I am saying GB will get tired of banging his head on the wall trying to get State people to change. He'll get fed up with the **** and run. That's why LT stuck around so long. He didn't step on toes, he didn't change anything, he just went along with the routine. Doc was the only bastard that had the balls to can his ***. So I see GB being LT II or getting fed up with the old patrol State folks who will tell him everyday" We've never done it that way. We have always done it this way. You'll see, Greg, it's better our way, trust us."
Horse *** on that. This school needs a few good obits to happen.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login