I'm getting more and more OK with the thought of Chris Hatcher....

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
He's 49, has head coach experience, and if he's going to make a move into major FBS ball this would be the time. He'll be motivated. He was a QB under Leach at Valdosta, he knows the fundamentals. FCS is where a lot of innovation happens, so he's used to that.

Not seeing any downside here. Unless you're just the type that gets enamored by 'name', which is dumb to begin with, especially for State fans. Winning the press conference is an Ole Miss thing, not MSU.

mo7888

Oct 18, 2017
He's 49, has head coach experience, and if he's going to make a move into major FBS ball this would be the time. He'll be motivated. He was a QB under Leach at Valdosta, he knows the fundamentals. FCS is where a lot of innovation happens, so he's used to that.

Not seeing any downside here. Unless you're just the type that gets enamored by 'name', which is dumb to begin with, especially for State fans. Winning the press conference is an Ole Miss thing, not SU.

If

Not seeing any downside here. Unless you're just the type that gets enamored by 'name', which is dumb to begin with, especially for State fans. Winning the press conference is an Ole Miss thing, not MSU.

If we have no shot at Kittery then he's one of the better options out there

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

I'm guessing downside is lack of recruiting FBS. He's been play calling against FBS teams with FCS players, so I don't guess that's a problem, although I'd want to see how his teams actually did against FBS teams. Ideally you'd see his offense do pretty well for a quarter or two before size and depth catch up.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I was a big fan at first but if you look he was white hot for 6 or 7 years in the 90s and then sucked for several years. This year they were rolling again. Not sure why he had those flat years. I'm just about at IDGAF now. Whatever.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I admittedly don't know a lot about him, but looking over his record, my concern is that he looks like he was successful 15-20 years ago, but since has had a lot of .500 (or just above or just below) with 2 exceptions (2017 and 2022). I mean he was 4-7 last year.

I don't see any OC experience either.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I'm really surprised we have not heard about #2 candidate today. Guess they will do the best they can with our transfer visitors this weekend. Oh well. I guess it is what it is

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login