I'm getting woolly

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Been watching lots of game tape, previews, reviews and dumb views.

The most positive thing I've found. It seems absolutely nobody thinks we have a remote chance of winning this game.

I guess I get it, but the more tape I watch the better I feel.

Will is going to be fine in this offense. It'd be really nice if he started to prove that to others this weekend, but he'll be fine.

The low passing rate chatter has been totally overdone. We have been ahead for the vast majority of two straight games. We have never trailed. It's not surprising that a new coaching staff has played it pretty conservative with solid leads.

I think we'll throw it at least 35 times vs LSU. I hope not much more, because that likely means we're behind.

Still have no idea how it's gonna go, but I do think we'll be competitive and I think we have a legitimate chance to surprise some folks who really know very little about us, and what they think they know ain't so...

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
If we win, we're all going to have to reconcile the fact Dan Wolken picked us to win. I'll make it work.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

/
Creeping The Mask GIF

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022

The most positive thing I've found. It seems absolutely nobody thinks we have a remote chance of winning this game.

Will is going to be fine in this offense. It'd be really nice if he started to prove that to others this weekend, but he'll be fine.

The low passing rate chatter has been totally overdone. We have been ahead for the vast majority of two straight games. We have never trailed. It's not surprising that a new coaching staff has played it pretty conservative with solid leads.

I think we'll throw it at least 35 times vs LSU. I hope not much more, because that likely means we're behind.

Still have no idea how it's gonna go, but I do think we'll be competitive and I think we have a legitimate chance to surprise some folks who really know very little about us, and what they think they know ain't so...
T Bob her-bert says we have no chance so we have no chance.

T Bob needs to roll with some of my parchman bros. F that dude.

Reactions: rockydawg1013

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
T Bob her-bert says we have no chance so we have no chance.

T Bob needs to roll with some of my parchman bros. F that dude.
Yeah, I watched a few of his and Hester's videos.

It just felt lazy. They were so focused on how much more talented LSU is, and they are.

But to act like Bookie Watson doesn't "pop" on film? How the 17 can you not see his quality even if he isn't a future NFL star? Neither were Ashley Cooper, or Chris White, or a multitude of other State stars who still created major problems for a lot of more talented teams.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
Yeah, I watched a few of his and Hester's videos.

It just felt lazy. They were so focused on how much more talented LSU is, and they are.

But to act like Bookie Watson doesn't "pop" on film? How the 17 can you not see his quality even if he isn't a future NFL star? Neither were Ashley Cooper, or Chris White, or a multitude of other State stars who still created major problems for a lot of more talented teams.
What got me were his comments on the offensive line. Last year he praised on how they passed off twists and stunts. And this year they’re running the ball and not good at either. He essentially **** on the o and d lines as sub par. Fine.

Everywhere will friend has been they have been glad to see him go. True. But everywhere will friend has been they have been able to run the ball.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I’m not ready to pick us to win, but I have wondered if the game plan has been conservative to this point to let it rip vs LSU. Our offense is probably a pretty difficult team to game plan for. Film from last year doesn’t help. Film from SELA doesn’t help. And after the Arizona game our coaches said that we didn’t have the right game plan. So I imagine it’s hard to know what to expect.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

It’s probably gas.

• Haha
Reactions: Grove Sh.tter

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I’m not ready to pick us to win, but I have wondered if the game plan has been conservative to this point to let it rip vs LSU. Our offense is probably a pretty difficult team to game plan for. Film from last year doesn’t help. Film from SELA doesn’t help. And after the Arizona game our coaches said that we didn’t have the right game plan. So I imagine it’s hard to know what to expect.

I gotta admit, I hope we can drop into some pure Air Raid concepts a few times in the game just to catch their pass defense off guard. We haven't shown it much, but you know we've got enough guys with that experience to pull it off for a drive here and there.

Reactions: Grove Sh.tter

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007

You’re right. No one is giving us a chance. It’s been a while that so few people have thought we could beat LSU at home. It was like this 2020 in Baton Rouge, but for a home game I don’t think it’s been this way in a while.

I was a little surprised yesterday watching the SEC Network and listening to the radio. Everyone just seems to they they will overpower us.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
You’re right. No one is giving us a chance. It’s been a while that so few people have thought we could beat LSU at home. It was like this 2020 in Baton Rouge, but for a home game I don’t think it’s been this way in a while.

I was a little surprised yesterday watching the SEC Network and listening to the radio. Everyone just seems to they they will overpower us.
Which is wild because their defense was overpowered by Grambling for the entire first half.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Which is wild because their defense was overpowered by Grambling for the entire first half.
From what I’ve watched of LSU they’ve been playing kinda soft, surprisingly soft given their history. Florida State’s guys were running their azz over. We have guys who can do that too.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Their defense gives up yards. Their secondary is not the best. Their running game is not up to their standard. However, giving our history of kicking ourselves in the nuts during this game, that gives me pause. They have more talent but do not have the experience our guys have. If shuts down Daniels State wins. That guy is the key to victory or loss for both teams.

Side notes if what I have heard on TV is true LSU has a bunch of guys who transferred in and did not grow up LSU fans. They don't have that heart that LSU guys usually have. I don't necessarily agree with them but that was said.

Reactions: JCsunshine89

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Worst thing you can do to screw up a perfectly good Saturday is to start letting hope creep in on the morning of the LSU game.

This is standard for me. We win one or two and I try to find reasons why we can win them all. It usually dissipates after the LSU loss.

Reactions: MagicDawg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I don’t know how big Arnett and our team are on bulletin board material, but LSU and their media have given plenty this week. From one of their OL saying that we don’t have any star players to Matt Moscona (BR radio host) crapping all over Arnett, saying he’s not an alpha male type (lol what?) and basically saying he sucks as a coach.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

Concerning LSU's preparation for our offense, I don't think it really matters who we play on offense, how we line up on offense, and/or what plays we run on offense.

LSU will play defense today in the following manner: 1) tight man-to-man coverage on all of our WRs; 2) single safety deep watching the QB's eyes; 3) assign a LB to cover any RB going out for a pass; 4) everybody else crowd the line, get ready for a run, chase the ball and tackle the ballcarrier (especially on 1st and 2nd down); and 5) on 3rd down (especially 3rd and long), blitz at least one LB to put maximum pressure on the QB, play press man-to-man on everybody going out for a pass, and look for a quick pass after the ball is snapped.

This is the way most SEC teams play defense against us.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
I’m nervous. That usually is a good sign, but could be a premonition of a arse woooping too.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
We will know soon enough if that's actual wool or just the fur on a tiger paw kicking down the back door.

Hail State.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login