I'm gonna go ahead and put my neck on the line.....

G

Goat Holder

After we beat Oregon, Chuck Rhodes is going to utterly destroy Memphis en route to Rick's first Sweet 16. At least 30. We will win by at least 5 points. His performance will get him big time press and will play his way into the draft. You heard it here first.

I'm feeling it. Sort of like I was feeling the Alabama '06 game.

G

Goat Holder

After we beat Oregon, Chuck Rhodes is going to utterly destroy Memphis en route to Rick's first Sweet 16. At least 30. We will win by at least 5 points. His performance will get him big time press and will play his way into the draft. You heard it here first.

I'm feeling it. Sort of like I was feeling the Alabama '06 game.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
Wouldn't shock me all that much. As I said before, I think your team presents some challenges for Memphis. It'd be a stretch, but not a major stretch to pull the upset.

RuffandTumble

Oct 21, 2007
if we're not hitting our outside shots, like most of last friday, then all memphis has to do is go to a zone defense, which prevents us from getting the ball down low to chuck. last friday, when bama was in zone, we kept trying to feed it down low and didn't take, or if we did, didn't hit any outside shots.

we have to create some more consistency from the perimeter, without the balance we are toast.

Aug 30, 2006
in your prediction if we could get Coach to predict a loss to Oregon (thus leading to a Bulldog win) and then a blowout loss to Memphis. Come on, Coach, its time to step up and predict defeat for your "favorite" team, the MSU bulldogs.

G

Goat Holder

badass now that we are playing in it? I mean, I love watching it every year and all, but I think my wool is coming from the fact that we are just in the mother 17er to begin with. I'm looking forward to this weekend almost as much as the first football weekend, the first 2 rounds are the best to me.......

DowntownDawg

May 28, 2007
..."Oregon's going to beat us, and if we're lucky enough to get by them, we're going to get killed by Memphis" post tomorrow.

graddawg

Jun 4, 2007
IF we beat Oregon AND look good doing it, I predict my wool will reach levels unseen since about June 9, 2007. I will definitely require a shearing like the one UNC gave me shortly thereafter.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Goat Holder said:
I'm looking forward to this weekend almost as much as the first football weekend
I hope you don't mean like last year when we played LSU in Starkville.
Yeah that was something to look forward too.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
we play like we did against Bama and Gawga, we are 1 and done. I truly believe we have the talent to make a little noise. Just depends if we show up to play and knock down a few outside shots. Mempho will run us out of the gym if we don't play at our best or they play at their worst.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
the precise moment that your wife is going to ask you for sex than predicting which team is going to show up to play Oregon.

I wouldn't put my next 3 cents on this bunch.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Tim doesn't seem to realize that Stansbury's average floor coaching abilities will not allow him to advance to the Sweet 16.</p>

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
I hope you're right, but as other have said, we could just as easily get beat by 10 by Oregon. If they start hitting some outside shots and we can't seem to buy a three-pointer, I think they pack it in, keep Rhodes "in the bag" and win going away.

If we do get by the Ducks, I don't think there is any chance we beat Memphis unless the Tigers absolutely just stink up the joint.

But, hey, I'd love to be proven wrong!

Agentdog

Aug 16, 2006
IF the Memphis basketball team goes out Saturday night, drinks a few, and catch Darren McFadden with their baby momas.

Frances Drebin

Nov 16, 2005
...Memphis never plays zone.

But the point is still valid. We've got to be hitting our shots or it will be a long night.

MSUCE99

Nov 15, 2005
the first 2 rounds are the best to me.......
Me too, because that's all I have to cheer for up until this point over the last decade as an MSU fan. Once we're out, I kind of lose interest.

/not an anti-Stans rant.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login