Imagine if we beat South Carolina - we would be 5-2 (and predict the remaining schedule)...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
and wondering how in the hell are we 5-2. I'm amazed we are 4-3 at this point to be honest based on what I've seen on the field.

And the SEC is so bad - there is no game that is a sure fire loss. A&M will quit by the time we play them. Kentucky is average. Auburn is average to bad. Ole Miss is our toughest game but it's the Egg Bowl and it's at home. I honestly wouldn't be shocked at 4-1 to finish or 1-4 to finish.

So - predict the remaining games:

@ Auburn
Kentucky
@texas A&M
USM
Ole Miss

I'm going 2-3 to finish 6-6. We beat Kentucky and USM.

Reactions: NWADog and patdog

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
It really feels like we were the best team on the field that day in Columbia South Carolina and had a couple of bad calls went neutral we would be 5-2, but it is now considered a “bad loss”

Reactions: preacher_dawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
and wondering how in the hell are we 5-2. I'm amazed we are 4-3 at this point to be honest based on what I've seen on the field.

And the SEC is so bad - there is no game that is a sure fire loss. A&M will quit by the time we play them. Kentucky is average. Auburn is average to bad. Ole Miss is our toughest game but it's the Egg Bowl and it's at home. I honestly wouldn't be shocked at 4-1 to finish or 1-4 to finish.

@ Auburn
Kentucky
@texas A&M
USM
Ole Miss

1-4. They’ll beat USM and that’s it.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
I'll up you one to our going 3-2 to finish 7-5. We beat Kentucky, USM, and 1 more. We should expect our coaches to key in on what worked yesterday on defense and continue to improve. They should now have a better idea of Wright's capabilities and focus on his strengths. In short, we should expect our coaches to develop effective strategies to win all 5 games so winning 3 is definitely realistic. And they need to figure out how to improve our punting!

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
And allegedly throw Everything (records, stats, etc)out the window for rivalry games.

patdog

May 28, 2007
That South Carolina loss is looking worse every week. Hopefully, we've got some of the defensive issues straightened out, and the offense can't get any worse than it was yesterday. I think there's a pretty good chance to get to 6 wins and keep the bowl streak alive.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Lord it's so hard to predict. Defense perked up and the offense had a couple of good moments but sucked for the most part. It's possible to squeeze out another 2 wins but I predict 1-4 as our finish.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021

@ Auburn
Kentucky
@texas A&M
USM
Ole Miss

Oh My Heart Awww GIF by Chicks on the Right
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I had us a 5 and 2 at this point. I expected to beat SC. But we are not nearly as good as I thought we would be especially on defense. OL too really. I know its a new scheme but these are seniors across the board

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I predicted 6-6, figuring we could win 2 out SC, ARK, and Auburn (yes, all road games). If I imagine we won the SC game, then we are still on track for 6-6.

Since in reality we lost to SC, we are going to need a win against Auburn or UK. I'm sticking with 6-6, but not too confident about it.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

@ Auburn
Kentucky
@texas A&M
USM
Ole Miss

Yes imagine if 2 plays go different and we are 5-2.

Some people who are being overly emotional right now would be overly emotional the other way.

Some people would still be losing their minds the negative way.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

@ Auburn
Kentucky
@texas A&M
USM
Ole Miss

2-3 or 3-2

usm
And then who knows

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yes imagine if 2 plays go different and we are 5-2.

Some people who are being overly emotional right now would be overly emotional the other way.

Some people would still be losing their minds the negative way.
If the result of only 1 play all year changes, the most likely is the Arizona QB being inches short in OT. We’re a lot closer to 3-4 then we are to 5-2.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
If the result of only 1 play all year changes, the most likely is the Arizona QB being inches short in OT. We’re a lot closer to 3-4 then we are to 5-2.
That’s not my point.
We are close to 5-2.
You can argue we are closer to 3-4.

but again not my point.

my point is a couple of players here and there and many peoples emotions change. That says something about their EI.

patdog

May 28, 2007
That’s not my point.
We are close to 5-2.
You can argue we are closer to 3-4.

but again not my point.

my point is a couple of players here and there and many peoples emotions change. That says something about their EI.
We’re not close to 5-2. We’re just not.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Predicted 7-5 preseason, with losses to Bama / LSU, and 3 out of 5 to USC, Ark, Auburn, A&M, and OM…..and beating everyone else. So we’re not really off much from what I thought. I did think there was really not much separation at all between us, Ark, USC, A&M, UK, and Auburn. Only difference is all of the above have looked worse than I expected for most of the year.

With that being said, hard to stick with that prediction with now having the Rogers injury to consider. I’d probably back it down to 6-6 if I knew Rogers was out this weekend, and 5-7 if I knew he was out the next 2 weekends. If he plays against Auburn, I’d say 6-6 or 7-5 depending on how that game goes. Feel decent about UK and good about USM.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
With or without Will we will end the regular season 6-6 or better. I'm down if anyone wants a friendly wager on that.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I blind man can see the product we are putting on the field is just a notch above absolute squat. We seem to have a pulse, but that's about it.
So winning the South Carolina game really wouldn't matter. We still suck.
Hopefully we will continue to find improvement, get lucky, and win out...
Highly unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login