Imagine losing 6 straight

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The 6th loss to a backup QB. At home. Only putting up 3 damn points on the board.

Against a "cellar dweller" and first year interim coach.

200 total yards of offense. Dang. 71K fans left just defeated.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
And......you lost because the other team was so shittilly coached that a penalty actually helped them

At least Arkansas will get a new coach. We are about to go on self-imposed probation

But mIkE wRiGhT
May be time to re-evaluate things as a “fan” if you are this upset we actually won a football game we were supposed to lose.

This ain’t the NFL. No special award is given to teams that lose a bunch of games, regardless of whether you get a new coach or not.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Both teams should have new HC’s next year
Arkansas will have a new coach for sure. Arnett will probably Be here next year. I think it’s going to be a little in doubt if Ole Miss puts a 65-3 beat down on this team though.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
We've owned Arkansas the last 12 years.We're three games away from evening up the overall series and could very well have the overall series in the next five years.

Right. I noticed this too.

Since 2012, we are 9-3 versus Arkansas. Prior to that (1995-2011), Arkansas was 15-2 against us, including 9 in a row (1999-2007).

The overall series: Arkansas leads 18-15-1.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Devil’s advocate: should Pittman actually be fired? Over the last decade or more, Arkansas is the worst team in the West. He took over a mess and won 3 games in the Covid year, which would’ve been a much better year if OOC games had been played. He then won 9 games with an Outback Bowl win and 7 games last year with a Liberty Bowl win. A lot of their losses this year have been close. Arky might want to think long and hard on this one.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
The 6th loss to a backup QB. At home. Only putting up 3 damn points on the board.

No sympathy from me. MSU has been in this role far too often in my lifetime being a fan of the Bulldogs.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
And......you lost because the other team was so shittilly coached that a penalty actually helped them

At least Arkansas will get a new coach. We are about to go on self-imposed probation

But mIkE wRiGhT
Damn.. Man done started to PREACH!

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The curse of Houston Nutt. Arkansas had McFadden/Jones/Hillis and their fans complained every morning on sports talk about Nutt running the ball to much and needed to be fired because he could not win bigger games. Then when Nutt didn't kiss the high school QBs ***.... they were out for his blood. Absolutely insane time over there.

They got what they wanted.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007

I feel like I've already experienced this at least once in my lifetime as a State fan. Minus the 71k fans.

Reactions: onewoof

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I must admit, that I expected more out of Jefferson, than he produced.
Much more.
I said in another thread I thought Jefferson was throwing the game. I'm kidding, but he honestly looked like he wasn't trying. Bouncing passes that were nowhere near receivers, over throwing open men by a lot, and at some point he stopped trying to run for yardage by himself.

I don't think he wants to be out there anymore.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I said in another thread I thought Jefferson was throwing the game. I'm kidding, but he honestly looked like he wasn't trying. Bouncing passes that were nowhere near receivers, over throwing open men by a lot, and at some point he stopped trying to run for yardage by himself.

I don't think he wants to be out there anymore.
He ahould play for us! He throws the ball hard and can run!

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Right. I noticed this too.

Since 2012, we are 9-3 versus Arkansas. Prior to that (1995-2011), Arkansas was 15-2 against us, including 9 in a row (1999-2007).

The overall series: Arkansas leads 18-15-1.
So, before 1995 we were 4-0-1. Undefeated baby! Hang the banner!!!

Reactions: onewoof

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
That big titty coach of theirs is an idiot. He is always popping his mouth off as though he has a good team. They suck and they have sucked practically every year but one since he has been there.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
That big titty coach of theirs is an idiot. He is always popping his mouth off as though he has a good team. They suck and they have sucked practically every year but one since he has been there.
I still like the guy. He sucks as a coach but seems to be a good guy.

Reactions: vandaldawg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Devil’s advocate: should Pittman actually be fired? Over the last decade or more, Arkansas is the worst team in the West. He took over a mess and won 3 games in the Covid year, which would’ve been a much better year if OOC games had been played. He then won 9 games with an Outback Bowl win and 7 games last year with a Liberty Bowl win. A lot of their losses this year have been close. Arky might want to think long and hard on this one.
What Pittman has done to that program is negligent. He had what could have been a generational talent at QB and wasted it. His core competency is the offensive line and it's the worst unit on the team. He's overly conservative on game day. He makes poor hiring decisions (hello...Dan Enos?).

He should have never been hired there in the first place. I think the only reason he was really was the fact he was bringing such a good staff with him, particularly Briles. Now he's exposed, and he will be fired. He knows it, too. He's openly admitting in press conferences that he doesn't know what to do. Dead man walking.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
They should give him an extension if you ask me. He seems to have a plan and is doing it the right way.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
1988 "Tech & 10" says hold my beer...... For you youngsters, we won the 1st game against LA Tech by 7, then reeled off 10 straight losses including Memphis, USM, Vandy, Tulane, and the final humiliation 33-6 Egg Bowl to Univ of Northern MS
Not a great way to spend your freshman year. Hangin' in Hightower and losing to Tiger High. These kids don't know how great they have it today.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
May be time to re-evaluate things as a “fan” if you are this upset we actually won a football game we were supposed to lose.

This ain’t the NFL. No special award is given to teams that lose a bunch of games, regardless of whether you get a new coach or not.
I'm certainly not upset we won; I'm still holding out hope that we get a 6th win and a bowl game. But damn yesterday was disconcerting. The playcalling up to the missed field goal was not exactly inspiring, but going conservative like that and putting your kicker on the wrong hash mark is just 17ing unbelievable. Once you make the decision to play for the field goal, even a decent high school coach is at least going to play for it while putting the kicker on the opposite side of his kicking foot.

I just don't believe that Arnette is incapable of being a head coach. He's too good of a coordinator to not be able to figure it out, and it's not like he's the type of personality that can't manage people. But I do think he's too far away right now to feasibly figure things out in time for this job. It's just a comedy of errors out there. I think he made some poor hires and the entire staff is over their head and that's resulting in even the basics being missed. I mean, how many 17ing times is your OL going to jump offsides before you just go no-count and tell them to watch the 17ing ball. The play that should have cost us the game was a dumb call to go for it on 4th, it was dumb to go into shotgun on 4th and short, it was dumb to snap without checking to see if the WR was set, it was dumb to not fall on the ball rather than try to pick it up and make a play when there are 4 Arkansas players closing in on you regardless.

On a side note, the most enjoyable moment from the game for me was when they showed the Arkansas fan doing the false start motion and telling the adjacent friend it doesn't matter, apparently not realizing that false start is a dead ball foul and they couldn't decline it to take the touchdown. Got a lot of enjoyment thinking about the confusion, denial, and bitterness he was about to experience.

Reactions: Old Fart Dawg

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I feel about him like other teams did about Sly Croom. "Aw, come on, Hog fans, he's a nice guy. You should definitely keep him"

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It wasn't full for their last home game. Good crowd, lots of empty seats though.
Saturday when I watched the game, I did not look at the seats. I rewatched the game and took a look and yes you are right many empty seats. The announcers said 73K, but I would bet they had 13K seats empty maybe more.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login