IMO loss can be blamed 100% on FT's

Status
Not open for further replies.

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
Before I start let me just say that I dont normally balme a game on free throws, but this game is the exception imo.

Here is why I think so:

Normally I dont like the arguement about free throws because the other team always misses some free throws as well, But not in this case. Vandy shot 11 0f 11 from the charity stripe, thus taking away any argument that they too could have made more free throws. State missed 13 of its attemps only needing to make 2 others to seal the game. Foster was outstandin, but I dont think he won it for them as much as a the free throws lost it for us. I dont know, I dont normally argue this point, but the fact that they didnt miss any and we missed more than enough to make up the difference in the game is frustrating to say the least.</p>

AdamDawgDude

May 28, 2007
100% ?

Mostly...Shan Foster. Free throws played a part, but it's just a piece of the puzzle. 3 our of 4 calls would go Vandy's way (such is playing a road game in the SEC) and we didn't finish the deal when we had the chance. Rhodes and Hansbrough had them at the stripe and Gordon missed a 7 footer at the end of regulation.

The biggest reason we lost is that Shan was the best player in the world last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login