In the end everything came out great.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Good to hear. Now, you can get back to a more "regular" routine.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Doc gave me a clean bill of health, no problems or issues. The ol hershey highway is in good shape for my daily turd express. Got out just in time for lunch.
Good to hear, man. I guess I did not mention it, but I lost one of my best friends in my entire life this year to that kind of cancer. It took a long time but finally caught up with him. I really hate that disease. I am so glad it came out for you. You won't have any problems doing it again the next time it comes due.

• Sad
Reactions: dorndawg

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Good to hear, man. I guess I did not mention it, but I lost one of my best friends in my entire life this year to that kind of cancer. It took a long time but finally caught up with him. I really hate that disease. I am so glad it came out for you. You won't have any problems doing it again the next time it comes due.
Thanks. I appreciate that. I lost my first cousin a few years back to colo-rectal cancer, so I don't take it lightly and neither should anyone else.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Thanks. I appreciate that. I lost my first cousin a few years back to colo-rectal cancer, so I don't take it lightly and neither should anyone else.
Yeah, he is a precautionary tale now. Unfortunately, he ignored the warning signs and got his colonoscopy too late.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
That thread title, tho…

Attachments

• 1724883098704.gif
    1724883098704.gif
    235 KB · Views: 3

Delmar

Jan 8, 2008
Can't be said enough.....when you get close to 50. go have it done. I did, and they found Stage 2 cancer and scheduled immediate left colectomy. 12-14 inches of large intestine removal later, been cancer free for 5 years now. I was very lucky.
The current recommendation is now 45. The change is because they are finding colon cancer in younger folks now.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
The current recommendation is now 45. The change is because they are finding colon cancer in younger folks now.
I was in my mid 40's when I started having issues and symptoms that led to my first roto rooter. Doctor came in and said I was extremely lucky as I had a very large polyp that he said was extremely close to turning. I was very fortunate that it was exhibiting colon cancer like symptoms before actually being that. My doctor's nurse was a colon cancer survivor and was convinced I had it. So relieved when it wasn't. A lot of folks aren't so lucky.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
The prep isn’t nearly as bad as it was 15-20 years ago. The first one I had the prep consisted of take a whole box of Dulcolax 24 hrs before the scope. Then another box 12 hours prior to the scope. That was brutal.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login