In the last 8 games, Rhodes has averaged...

M

MsuD00D

Who gives a **** what any of these guys do in the NBA or if they make it at all. Right now, he and Jamoney are COLLEGE BASKETBALL players and they play for our alma mater.
If they go on to have careers in basketball, great for them, but what does any of that god damn **** have to do with MSU basketball or the NCAA tourney?

jmbeck

Sep 7, 2005
This is a sports board. Speculation of players, ESPECIALLY seniors, is part of it.

Geez dude, have a coke and a smile and shut the hell up.

Thurston III

Feb 23, 2008
Pointing out that Rhodes has a chance in the pros is saying that he is playing very well for us right now. There is nothing wrong with that. Personally I agree that he shows flashes of brilliance and is starting to show them more frequently. As the season progresses, he could be the single most important catalyst to a successful post season.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
I'm like you in that these guys are our guys playing for our school, and how gives a flip about what they do and where they go in the NBA. The problem is that future recruits care. Opposing coaches will stop at nothing to pound lies into recruits ears about Stansbury not developing players and getting them to the NBA. It's BS, but it is said repeated and often; I know for a fact that Gottfried uses this technique, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Bruce Pearl start. Even our golden boy Hopson is hearing about "1 year" and "2 year" plans to get him to the NBA.

Ultimately, it does matter, because it goes back to the reputation of your coach. Now, if Rick can put some runs past the second round in the Dance together, then you start shooting down this argument. We'll see.

Jan 13, 2008
what I don't understand:

If Rhodes gets the ball within 10 feet of the rim, he's nearly unstoppable. He either scores, or gets fouled.

For some reason, we get the ball to him way to high. I know the defense might be a reason. When he faces up from 15, I can't watch. He makes some, but if we would force him deep in the paint, we'd be hell to stop.

dawgball

Aug 29, 2006
no ****. I care and feel safe in saying most students and alum do as well. What is with us "idiots" is that most of us "give a ****" because MSU is or will soon be their alma mater also. Not only do former MSU players in the pros continue to represent our alma mater, they also as athletes made great personal contributions to the university. Lastly, as students at State they have shared many of the same experiences we had in college... not to mention that many students and alum know them personally.

Your the idiot.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
no ****. I care and feel safe in saying most students and alum do as well. What is with us "idiots" is that most of us "give a ****" because MSU is or will soon be their alma mater also. Not only do former MSU players in the pros continue to represent our alma mater, they also as athletes made great personal contributions to the university. Lastly, as students at State they have shared many of the same experiences we had in college... not to mention that many students and alum know them personally.

Your the idiot.
I agree. I don't agree with the use of your.

Oldest post on the SPS that I could reply. Charles is still playing basketball: Charles Rhodes

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016

Your the idiot.
You’re

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Kermit GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login