Inflation Update: Mickey Ds

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I havent asked, but what the 17 is the process there? I sit in the drivethru line, order on my app, pull up to the ordering menu and tell the worker that I ordered on the app, then I pick it up at the window? Is that really the process? How is that better for me or McDonalds? They are still talking with every customer so it isnt reducing work. Is it really just so they can push incentives to customers thru the app?
17ing wild process to not fully understand.
Duh, I'm not rocket surgeon, but is speeds up the process by you paying on the app and not at the window. Also interactions take less time as you don't have tell the worker your order, which he/she may or many not get right, you simply say "ordered on the app, mstateglfr." Which maybe takes 10 seconds rather than a full order which likely takes 30 seconds to a minute or longer. Did I mention you don't have to fumble for payment as it's done on the app. Ordering on the app is faster, more convent, more accurate and more secure.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Duh, I'm not rocket surgeon, but is speeds up the process by you paying on the app and not at the window. Also interactions take less time as you don't have tell the worker your order, which he/she may or many not get right, you simply say "ordered on the app, mstateglfr." Which maybe takes 10 seconds rather than a full order which likely takes 30 seconds to a minute or longer. Did I mention you don't have to fumble for payment as it's done on the app. Ordering on the app is faster, more convent, more accurate and more secure.
It’s a win win win. I save the kids favorite orders, click add to cart and done. Some even let you schedule a pickup. We do that on Subway on gymnastics nights. Two clicks and it’s ready when I get there.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
A $5 value meal in 2024-

Itll be interesting to see how successful McDonalds is with this initiative. The only way I can see it being sustainable is by reducing portions, along with quality and margins. Reducing those 3 things together would be brutal though.

I have never ordered thru the McDonalds app, but I have been asked if I am ordering thru the app when I pull up to the drivethru menu to place my order.
I havent asked, but what the 17 is the process there? I sit in the drivethru line, order on my app, pull up to the ordering menu and tell the worker that I ordered on the app, then I pick it up at the window? Is that really the process? How is that better for me or McDonalds? They are still talking with every customer so it isnt reducing work. Is it really just so they can push incentives to customers thru the app?
17ing wild process to not fully understand.
You’re way overthinking this.

You’ve already got your order in on the mobile app and you’ve already paid. You simply pull up, say that you have a mobile order, give them the code, drive around grab your receipt and then pull up and get your food. It speeds it up a lot. I’ll be out of the line and driving out of the parking lot and the person that was verbally ordering in the line next to me is just now pulling around to pay.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Apps are the way. I can order exactly how I want something and don't have to worry about someone putting the order in correctly. Sometimes it's still made incorrectly thought but I always order app for anything fast food now

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You’re way overthinking this.

You’ve already got your order in on the mobile app and you’ve already paid. You simply pull up, say that you have a mobile order, give them the code, drive around grab your receipt and then pull up and get your food. It speeds it up a lot. I’ll be out of the line and driving out of the parking lot and the person that was verbally ordering in the line next to me is just now pulling around to pay.
I'm over thinking it because I didn't know why someone would ask if I wanted to order using the app, when we are speaking to each other using the speaker at the drive thru menu, and they could just take my order right there.

As others have said, ordering early in the app and picking up makes sense. Or if the person asked 'have you ordered using the app', that could make sense.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
I use the app for every restaurant that offers an app. It saves you money.

Chick fila probably has the best rewards system. You can use your points on everything in your order if you want. The CFA in Southaven has a mobile ordering only drive thru lane. It’s like the Fast Pass of fast food.

McDonald’s limits you to using your points on selected items but they do offer quite a few deals daily. I use the 1.50 breakfast sandwich one all the time.

Sonic half price drinks all day is a great deal.
McDonalds points also seem to expire within hours sometimes. It's okay but man it's sketchy.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I don't think those qualify as "boobies", those are more what I would consider chest butts, ear muffs, love mellons, dairy pillows, dueling danglers, mush mellons, baby goblets, meat loaves, massive moo moos, nippopotamuses, lip stretchers, Pointer Sisters, rib bumpers, swag bags, tatas maximus, Thingamajugs, etc etc etc

• Haha
Reactions: DerHntr

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I can’t even find the apps I want on my phone when I need them . I can’t imagine having to swipe through an app for every fast food restaurant just to convert ml to oz!
No shlt. Folks spend too much time on their phone anyways.

That said, I try not to do drive-thrus period unless absolutely necessary. I try and go in, slow down and enjoy my food. COVID sucked for me in this regard because you couldn't go and lines were 4x longer with these clowns using every app imaginable to order a taco.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
No shlt. Folks spend too much time on their phone anyways.

That said, I try not to do drive-thrus period unless absolutely necessary. I try and go in, slow down and enjoy my food. COVID sucked for me in this regard because you couldn't go and lines were 4x longer with these clowns using every app imaginable to order a taco.
Of course you think people using an app to order are clowns. Do you like anyone?

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I think Red Lobster tried that crap with shrimp and lost millions.
Kinda, but not really. They got bought buy a guy who's primary business was seafood supply. He had RL buy his seafood at premium price, then declared bankruptcy on RL. It was a shell game reminiscent of the restaurant scene in Goodfellas. Should be illegal.

Reactions: GloryDawg

skipperDawg

Dec 23, 2023
I’d guess that’s pretty much the process. Haven’t done it at McDonald’s but I have at chick fil a.
Theoretically it should speed up the process and increase order accuracy. I don’t have to wait until I’m at the window to order. It would especially speed things up if you’re someone who orders the same thing every time- just reorder the last thing. Your payment info is saved, which saves time as well.
On top of that, some people would rather do it that way. Ordering at the window can give you a certain kind of anxiety, especially as a parent ordering for the whole family. Did I get the right sauce with junior’s nuggets? No, sissy wants sprite instead of milk. What did she just ask me? Everybody shut up so I can hear!
I am all for increasing efficiency in the drive through. Most of them are so slow now, especially in Starkville, there’s almost no such thing as fast food anymore.
“Juniors nuggets “

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Teach your kids about money. If you don’t you don’t understand money well enough to teach them, learn along side them.

Not exactly. While the Romans occasionally altered the mint of their coins, usually it wasn't governments shaving coins, it was the populace. People are smart enough to figure that out on their own you know. In historical times, money was never trusted. Every coin was weighed and inspected, etc, for every transaction. Barter was often preferred to using currency. Commerce was hindered as a result. Fiat currency eliminated that problem.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login