intentional or not?

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
stop it destiny 2 GIF by PlayStation

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
I've never seen a player who has done so much for a struggling league get so much blatantly unfair treatment. You'd think they'd be protecting their meal ticket, but instead it's the opposite. And we all know why.
A couple rainbow emoji’s on her social media page during June, a BLM bumper sticker on her car, and a clear unequivocal endorsement of Kamala Harris would solve all her current troubles.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Zero doubt that it was intentional, and I don’t know what the league’s reaction will be, but that girl deserves the equivalent of what used to happen when an opposing pitcher plunks one of your guys

Reactions: msstatelp1

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That’s not the reason.
Maybe. But I think it's that they are just jealous. It was a long time ago when my daughter played basketball, but I know how they acted to each other in high school, much less now that they are getting paid to play. I find it funny that they still shake hands after they play.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Intentional IMO...
Jamming fingers into someone's eyeball like that could cause permanent damage. It doesn't matter what someone's skin color is, what side of the plate they prefer to hit from or what they like to spell in their alphabet soup - that should result in a fine at a minimum. But a fine and suspension would be a better deterrent of intentional acts.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
The league won't do anything about this. The WNBA leadership has the same opinions about Caitlin Clark that the WNBA players do.

WNBA leadership is so giddy about the money they are making off of Clark and Clark / Reese to the point where they pissed off their own players

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
I'll admit I have watched some WNBA for the first time in my life this season. My daughter is a huge fan of CC and I think she is someone I don't mind her looking up to. She signs autographs for kids, is a good teammate, doesn't blame others, etc.

That being said, if she gets some sort of career ending injury because the WNBA didn't prevent it, I'll never watch another game ever. And my daughter probably won't either. My bet is there are a lot of people like me since attendance went up 180% from last season.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Looks like tbay is done taking his break from posting Twitter videos about the WNBA.
Such an odd thing to start so many threads about over the last 5 months.

As for the eye poke- thats 17ing brutal to watch. Its like perfectly placed and timed. That isnt a natural follow thru and even if the player wasnt trying to poke an eye, it sure seems like an excessive movement and should be hit with some sort of fine.
Related note- I chuckle at how many on SPS are proud that they havent watched the NBA since the 80s and call the current NBA players soft, yet many of them comment on Clark threads and get all worked up over how Clark is subjected to contact that is unjustly physical.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

WNBA leadership is so giddy about the money they are making off of Clark and Clark / Reese to the point where they pissed off their own playersed

I think the league should sponsor view parties of "Am I Racist?" with breakout sessions afterward for all WNBA players and staff.

Let's figure out who the racists are and get this thing solved...