Interesting graph of recruiting rankings vs players drafted.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So we recruit and send players to the NFL in same tier as Stanford, Arkansas, North Carolina, South Carolina, TCU, Kentucky, OM, & UCLA. Sounds about right.
And none of those teams ever do shlt, just like us. And we want to try and go head to head with the big boys.

When are we going to learn we have to think differently, when it comes to recruiting and offense?

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yep. No real surprises in that whole chart. Except maybe just how freaking dominant Alabama has been. If anything Saban underperformed on the field there.
It makes you wonder. He had such an advantage, he shouldn’t have ever lost a game.

But then again, he also was the reason for a lot of the elite recruiting, along with the pro-football culture at Bama.

The way he quit, now that parity among the elites is more common, makes me lose a little respect for him. His legacy is definitely tarnished due to him leaving right as the sport is changing.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
When are we going to learn we have to think differently, when it comes to recruiting and offense?
Have we not? Recruit differently how? What offense should we run?

We have one of the best & highly respected offensive minds in the country right now as our HC.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It makes you wonder. He had such an advantage, he shouldn’t have ever lost a game.

But then again, he also was the reason for a lot of the elite recruiting, along with the pro-football culture at Bama.

The way he quit, now that parity among the elites is more common, makes me lose a little respect for him. His legacy is definitely tarnished due to him leaving right as the sport is changing.

I'd hate for my legacy to be tarnished in a few minds when I'm the greatest college football coach of all time. I'm sure he's losing sleep.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Amazing that is. 🙄The top teams recruit and send players to the NFL better than anyone else. That is worthy of a multi billion dollar federal government funded study that is. 🙄🙄🙄

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Yep. No real surprises in that whole chart. Except maybe just how freaking dominant Alabama has been. If anything Saban underperformed on the field there.
Yep. Couldn't beat Croom year 1.
This graph reminds me of an interview I saw where a coach talked about big market players where politics played a role in number of stars they got. So it doesn't surprise me when our players "over perform".

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Have we not? Recruit differently how? What offense should we run?

We have one of the best & highly respected offensive minds in the country right now as our HC.
We’ve pre-decided he’s no good. On to the next one!***

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login