Invitation to join the 2024 BWI College Football Pick'Em

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Once again, I invite you to join the BWI College Football Pick'Em. With the exception of the 2020 year due to the pandemic, we've conducted a BWI College Football Pick'Em every year since 2001. As always, the competition is just for bragging rights. There is no entry fee to participate, and you don't win any money for winning the BWI College Football Pick'Em.

To join, CLICK HERE
(https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college)

I caution again that the process I go through to set up a group is not the same as someone that is joining a group. As such, I'm not certain of the order of the process, so if any of the below is out of sequence, please post a corrected order and I'll edit this post.

From the above LINK, select the Join a Group pushbutton

From the Join Group screen, go to the right side.

In the Group ID# field, enter: 4726

In the Password field, enter "pennstate"

Then, select the Join Group pushbutton

(If any of the above is incorrect, please post as much in a reply, and tell me what needs to be corrected. As noted above, I don't go through any of the above to create the competition.)

At this point, you'll have to create a handle. In Yahoo's lingo, that is your "Pick Set Name." Please try to use your board handle as your Pick Set Name. (Note: I believe the default is to have your e-mail address viewable to all. If you don't want this, then deselect that option.)

I've opted for the weekly slate of games to be:

- the Yahoo default games AND the B1G conference games AND the Top 25 games

- tie-breakers will be used each week

- you get to drop your 2 worst scores for the overall competition (season-long)

- the deadline for entering selections is 5 minutes before the start of a game

I have not opted to pick against the point spread, or to rank your games by your confidence level.

If we look back at the 2023 season-long competition, these were the final standings:
1st - Yours Truly
2nd - @DP5
3rd - ncwref
4th – @NittanyPirate & BW Lion
5th – @NitneLiun & @CoolBean
6th – @MontereyLion & @AustinLion & @1995PSUGrad
7th – PSU Toronto & @Lionville
8th – twak & @Faraway1
9th – @Bob78 & @rem524 & @Classof09
10th – @NittanyLionWolverine & @Ralphie_ & @Fac & @Pa_Catamount & @NorCal Lion & @PSU621 & Kingofsmoke

The competition does not start until Labor Weekend.

Best of luck to all that play!

Offside Clyde

Oct 7, 2021
Im Back Episode 4 GIF by Friends

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

PSUAXE70

Oct 12, 2021
Once again, I invite you to join the BWI College Football Pick'Em. With the exception of the 2020 year due to the pandemic, we've conducted a BWI College Football Pick'Em every year since 2001. As always, the competition is just for bragging rights. There is no entry fee to participate, and you don't win any money for winning the BWI College Football Pick'Em.

To join, CLICK HERE
(https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college)

I caution again that the process I go through to set up a group is not the same as someone that is joining a group. As such, I'm not certain of the order of the process, so if any of the below is out of sequence, please post a corrected order and I'll edit this post.

From the above LINK, select the Join a Group pushbutton

From the Join Group screen, go to the right side.

In the Group ID# field, enter: 4726

In the Password field, enter "pennstate"

Then, select the Join Group pushbutton

(If any of the above is incorrect, please post as much in a reply, and tell me what needs to be corrected. As noted above, I don't go through any of the above to create the competition.)

At this point, you'll have to create a handle. In Yahoo's lingo, that is your "Pick Set Name." Please try to use your board handle as your Pick Set Name. (Note: I believe the default is to have your e-mail address viewable to all. If you don't want this, then deselect that option.)

I've opted for the weekly slate of games to be:

- the Yahoo default games AND the B1G conference games AND the Top 25 games

- tie-breakers will be used each week

- you get to drop your 2 worst scores for the overall competition (season-long)

- the deadline for entering selections is 5 minutes before the start of a game

I have not opted to pick against the point spread, or to rank your games by your confidence level.

If we look back at the 2023 season-long competition, these were the final standings:
1st - Yours Truly
2nd - @DP5
3rd - ncwref
4th – @NittanyPirate & BW Lion
5th – @NitneLiun & @CoolBean
6th – @MontereyLion & @AustinLion & @1995PSUGrad
7th – PSU Toronto & @Lionville
8th – twak & @Faraway1
9th – @Bob78 & @rem524 & @Classof09
10th – @NittanyLionWolverine & @Ralphie_ & @Fac & @Pa_Catamount & @NorCal Lion & @PSU621 & Kingofsmoke

The competition does not start until Labor Weekend.

Best of luck to all that play!
I’m signed in and have an account. Can’t see where to go to make picks.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I’m signed in and have an account. Can’t see where to go to make picks.

There should be 2 places on your screen where pick set (your handle in the Pick'Em) appear. Click on either of them, and you should be taken to this week's slate of games.

BTW, what is your Pick Set/handle in Pick'Em? I don't see PSUAXE70 in the list of those that joined, so you probably have a different Pick Set/handle.

PSUAXE70

Oct 12, 2021
There should be 2 places on your screen where pick set (your handle in the Pick'Em) appear. Click on either of them, and you should be taken to this week's slate of games.

BTW, what is your Pick Set/handle in Pick'Em? I don't see PSUAXE70 in the list of those that joined, so you probably have a different Pick Set/handle.
Thank you. I re-entered as Loser and all is well.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
Oct 15, 2021
Commissioner Tom,

FYI.... it appears that the Michigan State game didn't appear when a number of participants made their selections on Wed / Thurs. I can confirm this because I printed out my selections.

The MSU game was apparently added later by Yahoo (Fri ??) and thus shows as a "missed pick". 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Cigarowl

Oct 22, 2021
Tom,

FYI.... it appears that the Michigan State game didn't appear when a number of participants made their selections on Wed / Thurs. I can confirm this because I printed out my selections.

The MSU game was apparently added later by Yahoo (Fri ??) and thus shows as a "missed pick". 🤷‍♂️
I noticed this also, there are 27 entries that show one game not selected and it was the Michigan State game.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Week 1 Results:

@AlienWedge, @Beachwineguy, @1995PSUGrad, @PSUAXE70, PSU Toronto (I don't know your handle), NittanyLionFan (I don't know your handle), and @Bob78 posted really impressive scores of 31 points (out of 36). Due to the tiebreakers, @AlienWedge took the weekly prize. Congrats to the aforementioned, and major kudos to @AlienWedge.

It appears that my long-time nemesis, @twak, didn't sign up this year. I can't imagine a season where he's not challenging me. I hope all is well with @twak.

A reminder that because the Pick'Em is set up so that each contestant drops their lowest two scores, I don't start tracking the Season-long competition until week 3 or 4.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Commissioner Tom,

I noticed this also, there are 27 entries that show one game not selected and it was the Michigan State game.

Hmm, I really don't know much about this. And it's not something that I can do anything about. I was on vacation last week. I made posts each day, but was generally off the board. I typically make my posts on Friday. I can't remember if I made them on Friday or Thursday while on vacation -- too many moving parts, and my being away from my normal routine.

SW Fla Lion

Oct 20, 2021
@Tom McAndrew - the same occurred with my selections. I always check to ensure I have picked every game, but the results show that the MSU game was not checked. I did my picks early in the cycle. As terrible as my week was, it will not make a hill of beans if counted or not.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
@Tom McAndrew - the same occurred with my selections. I always check to ensure I have picked every game, but the results show that the MSU game was not checked. I did my picks early in the cycle. As terrible as my week was, it will not make a hill of beans if counted or not.

my apologies on that, though as noted above I have no control over things like that. If I could give folks that picked before that game was on the slate credit for the game, I certainly would, but I don't have the ability to adjust any scores. As you noted, one game is unlikely to make much difference in the season-long competition, or in the weekly standings of most folks that missed picking on the game.

Reactions: SW Fla Lion

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Week 2 Results:

@Beachwineguy, @LionsAndBears, @PSUAXE70, @Waaaaaaaany, @Bob78, and Franklin Fan Boy (I don't know your handle) navigated all the upsets to post scores of 33 points (out of 42). Due to the tiebreakers, @Beachwineguy took the weekly prize. Congrats to the aforementioned, and major kudos to @Beachwineguy.

A reminder that because the Pick'Em is set up so that each contestant drops their lowest two scores, I don't start tracking the Season-long competition until week 3 or 4.

Last edited:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Week 4 Results

@Ntlion took the weekly honors with 31 points. @NEPA Lion, @rem524, ncwref (I don't know your handle), @Faraway1, Blue & White Lion (I don't know your handle) tied for 2nd, with 30 points. Congrats to the aforementioned, and major kudos to @Ntlion.

Week 4 is also the start of tracking of the season-long competition. Each contestants two lowest scores are automatically dropped, so a lot will change over the course of the season. At this point, @Bob78 is in 1st place, with 65 points. @Beachwineguy, @PSU Paul, @40 Yard Dash, @BlackShoeDiesel, and @PSUAXE70 are tied for 2nd, with 64 points. @Faraway1, Blue & White Lion (I don't know your handle), @Franklin Fan Boy, @CoolBean, @LionsAndBears, and @Waaaaaaaany are tied for 3rd, with 63 points. @rem524, @mwaltrip, @1995PSUGrad, @TAG16, 97pennstater/NittanyLionFan (I don't know your handle), @MontereyLion, @Fac, @AustinLion, @Pa_Catamount are tied for 4th, with 62 points. @Offside Clyde, PSU Toronto (I don't know your handle), @Nittany.Lion, psulinebacker (I don't know your handle), @Dragons 62, and Yours Truly are tied for 5th, with 61 points. @Ntlion, ncwref (I don't know your handle), @Mpasquale28, @NitneLiun, @Limestone_Lion, @Nittanylion83, @nittanymoops, @PhillyBillyReprise, @Classof09, @Nittany1865Farmer, @AlienWedge, @SJLuvsLions, and @Bkd1414 are tied for 6th, with 60 points. @ThrowMeDamBall3, @DP5, @WanderingSpectator, @Bane, @PSUNfrank25, @SW Fla Lion, @Cigarowl, @Ralphie_, @Rotzc, @BleedBlueNWhite, and @Split T are tied for 7th, with 59 points. @PSU621, @Jtllion, RW picks (I don't know your handle), @tluckner9, @djm181, @Lionville are tied for 8th, with 58 points. @NEPA Lion, @dicemen99, Bobby (I don't know your handle), and @RojasAndKeys are tied for 9th, with 57 points. @Woodpecker and @SWBLion are tied for 10th, with 56 points. @Psudog@44 and @jimj are tied for 11th, with 55 points. If "(I don't know your handle)" follows your contestant handle, please help me out by posting your BWI board handle.

Last edited:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Week 5 Results

@Ntlion2 showed that last week was not a fluke, as he took the weekly honors for the 2nd straight week, with 26 points. @NitneLiun and @tluckner9 tied for 2nd place, with 25 points. Congratulations to the aforementioned, and major kudos to @Ntlion2.

With Week 5 being a small slate, pretty much every contestant had their week 5 score dropped, which also elevated an earlier week's score. @Bob78 (same) is in 1st place, with 96 points. @PSUAXE70 (same) took sole possession of 2nd place, with 95 points. @BlackShoeDiesel (down 1) took sole possession of 3rd place, with 93 points. @Franklin Fan Boy (down 1), @rem524 (same), @Faraway1 (down 1), @blue & White Lion (I don't know your handle) (down 1), @40 Yard Dash (down 2), and @Pa_Catamount (same) are tied for 4th, with 92 points. @Nittany.Lion (same), @MontereyLion (down 1), @PSU Paul (down 3), @1995PSUGrad (down 1), @CoolBean (down 2), @LionsAndBears (down 2), and @mwaltrip (down 1) are tied for 5th, with 91 points. ncwref (I don't know your handle) (same), @TAG16 (down 2), @AustinLion (down 2), Yours Truly (down 1), 97pennstater/NittanyLionFan (I don't know your handle) (down 2), and @Offside Clyde (down 1) are tied for 6th, with 90 points. @Ntlion2 (down 1), @NitneLiun (down 1), @Mpasquale28 (down 1), @Fac (down 3), PSU Toronto (I don't know your handle) (down 2), psulinebacker (I don't know your handle) (down 2), and @Nittany1865Farmer (down 1) are tied for 7th, with 89 points. @Ralphie_ (down 2), @SJLuvsLions (down 2), @Nittanylion83 (down 2), @nittanymoops (down 2), @PhillyBillyReprise (down 2), @Dragons 62 (down 3), @Waaaaaaaany (down 5), @Classof09 (down 2), @Limestone_Lion (down 2), and @Split T (down 1) are tied for 8th, with 88 points. @tluckner9 (down 1), @ThrowMeDamBall3 (down 2), @AlienWedge (down 3), @WanderingSpectator (down 2), @Lionville (down 1), @Rotzc (down 2), @Bane (down 2), and @DP5 (down 2) are tied for 9th, with 87 points. RW picks (I don't know your handle) (down 2), @PSU621 (down 2), @SW Fla Lion (down 3), @Jtllion (down 2), @Cigarowl (down 3), @PSUNfrank25 (down 3), @NEPA Lion (down 1), @dicemen99 (down 1), @BleedBlueNWhite (down 3), and @djm181 (down) are tied for 10th, with 84 points. In general, I only list those in the top 10 during the season. If "(I don't know your handle)" follows your contestant handle, please help me out by posting your BWI board handle.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login