Iowa has played LSU like a fiddle.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Doubt it on a high level team, the difference in speed/quickness and size between a female guarding her and high level HS male would be glaring.
You talking about regular HS teams or the prep “school” teams? She would definitely be a very respectable player on the average high school team anywhere in this area. The vast majority of high school players can’t play men’s D1 basketball. No, she cannot play on the top AAU or prep school teams where the starting five will all play D1, but that is not the average high school team.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
You talking about regular HS teams or the prep “school” teams? She would definitely be a very respectable player on the average high school team anywhere in this area. The vast majority of high school players can’t play men’s D1 basketball. No, she cannot play on the top AAU or prep school teams where the starting five will all play D1, but that is not the average high school team.
She may play at Winona Christian School, but not at an 6A playoff team in any southeastern state and probably not at Prep or MRA.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
We're talking average high school teams.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
She may play at Winona Christian School, but not at an 6A playoff team in any southeastern state and probably not at Prep or MRA.
I think you’re overestimating some of the kids on those teams. I haven’t seen those teams play, but I’m guessing 2-4 kids per team on the state championship level are very good high school players. Maybe 1 per team plays ball after high school on some level. Her shooting alone would get her on the court.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
She'd probably roast a group a high school boys, even if she were playing on a team with a bunch of one-legged high school girls.

Watched the highlights early this morning, because I don't have time or the interest to watch a full women's basketball game, even if one of them plays like Larry Bird. Clark does.

Had to keep up with you SPSers who seem to think this game was some sort of seminal moment in sports.
It was a good game. LSU played very physical and aggressive. But the Iowa team was more athletic, played better as a team and the Clark girl was definitely the best player on the floor.

So when do they play SC?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
It was a good game.
I had the opposite thought, tons of missed lay ups, bad passes and lack of hustle (lack of hustle has infected the men's college game too). It was really just Clark bombing from downtown.

It seems Vic's teams played with so much more effort, but I could just be remembering what i want to remember.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Back in the 1970’s we played pick up games against our girls basketball team a few times in the old, old, tin gym. It was basically a girls D1 college team vs a bunch of out of shape guys just messing around and the games were never close. Of course girls sports weren’t what they are today, but there was just way too much difference physically for them to compete.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I don't know if you are serious but she wouldn't sniff the floor on a top AAU boys basketball team. She's an awesome women's player though.
She’d outscore the rest of the team if she played for St Al. So she’d have 12 and the rest of the team would have 10.

Turfdoc992

Oct 3, 2022
Its a Mulkey decision, kind of like not guarding Morgan William in 2017 elite 8 game. Morgan went about 40. Van Lith was not able to fight through the screens and guard Clark. I think Flujea Johnson might have been a better match to guard Clark, but it puts her at risk for fouls, LSU beat Iowa last year without Van Lith but would not have without Johnson. Van Lith on Clark was not working, perhaps someone else might have had more success.

Much calmer game this time. Not many antics from Angel Reese, (you can't see me, point to finger etc).

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
This is a huge difference in the men's and women's game. There's not many lockdown on ball defenders in the women's game. The style of game makes strategy different. Vic has lived in that defense mentality and it works greatly, until his team comes up against a team that can take advantage of his over aggressive style as NC state did. There's still a whole lot of slack in the women's game, after about the top 20, there's a drop-off in talent, and the top 20 is stratified a couple of spots.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login