Iowa - Northwestern betting line:

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Combined points over/under = 30
30. Yes 30.

That may be the lowest over under since they started inflating the football, rather than stuffing it full of feathers.

I think the smart money, still, may be on the "under". :)
Not to nit pick, but I see 30.5 to 31 at most shops. Maybe it touched 30 and bounced back? I only say this because I'm pretty sure Iowa-Minny bottomed at 30.5, so 30 I believe be a new record low. I want to see this thing get into the 20s.
And I'm sure the last part is TIC, but I'll be very tempted to bet this over (and I've bet Iowa under a few times). Only 2 Iowa games went under 31 and no NW games - even vs Howard.

Reactions: PSUFTG2

ILLINOISLION

Oct 12, 2021
Of course I could be wrong…..but I thought I saw a number under 30 sometime late Sun or early Mon.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
The highest-scoring game at Wrigley this season was August 1 when the Cubs beat the Reds 20-9. I'd say there's a very good chance this game Saturday doesn't get there.
So the Iowa-Northwestern game is being played at Wrigley Field?

I checked: Yes.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Not to nit pick, but I see 30.5 to 31 at most shops. Maybe it touched 30 and bounced back? I only say this because I'm pretty sure Iowa-Minny bottomed at 30.5, so 30 I believe be a new record low. I want to see this thing get into the 20s.
And I'm sure the last part is TIC, but I'll be very tempted to bet this over (and I've bet Iowa under a few times). Only 2 Iowa games went under 31 and no NW games - even vs Howard.
Two lowest totals ever have been the Minnesota-Iowa game the last two seasons, right?

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
it still might be 27.5 points too high. that game could end 2-0 in triple OT. the offenses are THAT good.
So a safety in OT? Imagine what would have to happen for that.

Edit: Forgot about returning a 2-point conversion attempt

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Two lowest totals ever have been the Minnesota-Iowa game the last two seasons, right?
That's what I heard. I don't see this one getting below 30.5, but who knows.

I'll be at the Westgate in Vegas in Vegas this weekend and I'm not sure if I'll be betting this one (but give me that sweet Army-AF under).

OhioLion

Oct 12, 2021
So a safety in OT? Imagine what would have to happen for that.

Edit: Forgot about returning a 2-point conversion attempt
Or, the possibility of a scoreless game going into, say 9 overtimes and the team winning on the 2-point try.
🤔

Reactions: Bison13

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
I was thinking what a sick beat it would have been had it gone to OT at 7-7 then went over.
So, I couldn't resist making a small play on that Rutgers Iowa under. Just to say I bet the record low.

Now, we got 26.5 in Iowa-Nebraska (I'll probably bet it).

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
So, I couldn't resist making a small play on that Rutgers Iowa under. Just to say I bet the record low.

Now, we got 26.5 in Iowa-Nebraska (I'll probably bet it).
I know that college plays are generally horrible legs to put into a teaser, but with this total, I'm really thinking I'll pair Iowa in some of my Wong teasers this weekend if I need any extra legs (or maybe even if I don't). At a total that low, the value of each point has to take on that much more to the point where it might be worth it (I've thought about it with some of these other ridiculously low totals, but the spread never fell in the right range).

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
I know that college plays are generally horrible legs to put into a teaser, but with this total, I'm really thinking I'll pair Iowa in some of my Wong teasers this weekend if I need any extra legs (or maybe even if I don't). At a total that low, the value of each point has to take on that much more to the point where it might be worth it (I've thought about it with some of these other ridiculously low totals, but the spread never fell in the right range).
Great point. I'm so programmed not to consider college for teasing, but Iowa up to 8.5 may have better value than a pro team with that total. Pair with Cleveland +2 (to +8) at Denver (total 35.5)?

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Two superior defenses?

(oh wait, we put up 31 on Iowa...)
Two of our TD drives started at the 39 and the 19...their offense completely set them up to fail that night. I'd take nothing at all away from their defensive performance.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login