is anyone keeping up with this Rasheim Carter case out of taylorsville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022
More body parts were found 2 days ago in wooded area. This is getting more and more macabre as it goes and doesn't look well on mississippi law enforcement.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
season 4 episode 12 GIF by Workaholics

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
More body parts were found 2 days ago in wooded area. This is getting more and more macabre as it goes and doesn't look well on mississippi law enforcement.
I just read up. Pretty crazy. What kind of animal in Mississippi can kill someone? Gees.

YesIAmAPirate

Oct 3, 2022
Slight thread hijack... Anybody around New Albany keep up with the case against the kid that just got let off there?

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Slight thread hijack... Anybody around New Albany keep up with the case against the kid that just got let off there?

Yep. Article is very misleading.

BELdog

Aug 23, 2012
The Carter case honestly sounds like a classic manic episode. Potentially a suicide. I just don’t believe in 2022 that three truck loads of white people chased down a black kid and lynched him. I especially don’t believe that happened AND no arrests have been made if he gave his mother the names of the people chasing him. Anything is possible, but none of the family’s story sounds very probable. I am sorry for their loss and it is a sad situation no matter what happened to him.

Reactions: patdog

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The Carter case honestly sounds like a classic manic episode. Potentially a suicide. I just don’t believe in 2022 that three truck loads of white people chased down a black kid and lynched him. I especially don’t believe that happened AND no arrests have been made if he gave his mother the names of the people chasing him. Anything is possible, but none of the family’s story sounds very probable. I am sorry for their loss and it is a sad situation no matter what happened to him.
Yeah, but it seems a lot more likely than an animal dismembered him and left remains at different locations and didnt leave obvious evidence of the animal. And a lot more likely than he managed to do it to himself.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Yep. Article is very misleading.
Eh. Don’t know if the article itself is misleading.

I’m not a fan of the headline though.

I’d like to know more but that ain’t happening unless there’s a civil case on the way.

And I doubt that’ll happen.

BELdog

Aug 23, 2012
Yeah, but it seems a lot more likely than an animal dismembered him and left remains at different locations and didnt leave obvious evidence of the animal. And a lot more likely than he managed to do it to himself.
Coyotes don’t leave a ton of evidence. Neither do stray dogs. Both will eat a human corpse and take pieces with them. A month passed between his disappearance and discovery of his remains. What evidence would you expect to find of an animal that had been at a site a month prior? Scat? Tracks? Not likely with the time elapsed.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Coyotes don’t leave a ton of evidence. Neither do stray dogs. Both will eat a human corpse and take pieces with them. A month passed between his disappearance and discovery of his remains. What evidence would you expect to find of an animal that had been at a site a month prior? Scat? Tracks? Not likely with the time elapsed.
Bite marks, hair, and animal DNA on the remains.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yeah. It’s pretty hard to believe 3 truckloads of white guys chased him down, killed him, dismembered the body & scattered it in different locations (increasing the chances of it being found), yet they all avoided being recorded by the trail camera. Very strange case with almost no facts in the stories I’ve seen.

BELdog

Aug 23, 2012
Bite marks, hair, and animal DNA on the remains.
Bite marks, sure. Animal hair and DNA after a month of exposure, eh…maybe. You really believe that three truckloads of white dudes, went full lynch mob on a guy and nobody has been arrested even after he named them? Come on now. This is 2023, not 1923.

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022

I’ve known the guy pretty much my whole life. He’s actually a really nice guy, but I still think he deserved to do some time. He is gonna think he is invincible now.

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022

I’d like to know more but that ain’t happening unless there’s a civil case on the way.

Already been a civil case. Settled outside of court in 2020.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I had not heard about the case, read this article: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/hau...Xx7LlFkn9otQzhvaOgF-8PxSmGnrydDtWUK_gkSanBwNi

I am no kind of animal expert but it's hard to imagine coyotes separating a human head from a body? And that would also rule out suicide. It's definitely a sad, bad situation, really feel for the family.

Reactions: stateu1

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Bite marks, sure. Animal hair and DNA after a month of exposure, eh…maybe. You really believe that three truckloads of white dudes, went full lynch mob on a guy and nobody has been arrested even after he named them? Come on now. This is 2023, not 1923.
Sure. I wouldn't bet on it, but I also wouldn't bet on ninja animals leaving no trace either. There's some sick ***** out there, and some lazy incompetent PDs too.

PRAVan1996

Mar 7, 2023
I just don’t believe in 2022 that three truck loads of white people chased down a black kid and lynched him. I especially don’t believe that happened AND no arrests have been made if he gave his mother the names of the people chasing him.
It's not like there isn't recent evidence of white guys in trucks chasing down and killing or shooting at black men.

It's also not real hard to imagine that there might be cops or prosecutors who would ignore evidence.

And I'm not even speaking about the Carter case specifically. But the idea that this kind of thing couldn't happen in 2022 is kind of ridiculous.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

Headline is very unprofessional. I know news organizations need clicks but still, as hard as it is for news organizations to make it period, I think I'd go broke trying to be professional in hopes that there is a market for that rather than go the click bait direction and still probably go broke.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
The police department just communicating better with the family would go a long way to making the family less suspicious of them.

Reactions: FQDawg and patdog

YesIAmAPirate

Oct 3, 2022
Oh?

Could explain the lack of response then.
I just found the info on that. Looks like it was filed against the restaurant and the kid's dad who was bartending and acting manager. According to the case file, he was accused of drinking on duty and furnishing the weapon

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Feral hogs though....
I think I would put manic episode, death and then hogs spreading the remains slightly ahead of being killed by business associates of one sort or another and both of those a decent amount ahead of a racially motivated lynching.

The hardest fact to make fit to me is the claim that the mother has names. Could he have given names that didn't fit anybody because he was having a manic episode and they were made up? Or given names that didn't fit anybody because they gave him fake names (either as part of their business dealings or when they were harassing him)? Could a dirty police department really keep a lid on an investigation when the mother had legitimate names to give out? Surely it's one of the first two (or another off the wall explanation)?

BELdog

Aug 23, 2012
I think I would put manic episode, death and then hogs spreading the remains slightly ahead of being killed by business associates of one sort or another and both of those a decent amount ahead of a racially motivated lynching.

The hardest fact to make fit to me is the claim that the mother has names. Could he have given names that didn't fit anybody because he was having a manic episode and they were made up? Or given names that didn't fit anybody because they gave him fake names (either as part of their business dealings or when they were harassing him)? Could a dirty police department really keep a lid on an investigation when the mother had legitimate names to give out? Surely it's one of the first two (or another off the wall explanation)?
Could easily see it being a murder. I just don’t believe that three trucks full of dudes chased this guy down and killed him and the police just covered it up. I have read conflicting stories. Some say three trucks full of white men. Some say three white men in a white truck. Three men in a truck killing somebody and keeping quiet about it is hard to believe. Three trucks full of people keeping quiet about a murder is impossible.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Could easily see it being a murder. I just don’t believe that three trucks full of dudes chased this guy down and killed him and the police just covered it up. I have read conflicting stories. Some say three trucks full of white men. Some say three white men in a white truck. Three men in a truck killing somebody and keeping quiet about it is hard to believe. Three trucks full of people keeping quiet about a murder is impossible.
Seems like the “three white men in a truck” was from law enforcement while the “three trucks full of white men” was from Carter’s mother. I’m willing to extend a grieving mother some grace with the idea that she might have simply misspoken.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The police department just communicating better with the family would go a long way to making the family less suspicious of them.
This definitely needs to be investigated by the Feds. More likely than not, the family’s story is wrong. But with Mississippis history, it doesn’t need to be investigated by a small rural sheriff or police dept.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Seems like the “three white men in a truck” was from law enforcement while the “three trucks full of white men” was from Carter’s mother. I’m willing to extend a grieving mother some grace with the idea that she might have simply misspoken.
3 white men in a truck definitely sounds more believable.

Reactions: FQDawg

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022
It's not like there isn't recent evidence of white guys in trucks chasing down and killing or shooting at black men.

It's also not real hard to imagine that there might be cops or prosecutors who would ignore evidence.

And I'm not even speaking about the Carter case specifically. But the idea that this kind of thing couldn't happen in 2022 is kind of ridiculous.
should someone remind you that this is smith county?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Pretty sure it's them Catholic white nationalists at it again. They commit almost all the murders in this country but they so slick they can frame other folks with it. It's part of their white privilege wizardry. Of course, then again it could just be a Bigfoot down there with a penchant for dark meat. Either way getting the Gov't involved will make it better.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Pretty sure it's them Catholic white nationalists at it again. They commit almost all the murders in this country but they so slick they can frame other folks with it. It's part of their white privilege wizardry. Of course, then again it could just be a Bigfoot down there with a penchant for dark meat. Either way getting the Gov't involved will make it better.
Calling someone’s dead son who happens to be black “dark meat”? Come on man.

• Angry
Reactions: dorndawg and FQDawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
"dark meat"? **** off, slapdick.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
It's more than a little concerning that so many people on this board seem to be downplaying or trivializing the idea that white nationalists exist.
Has anyone on this board ever met a white nationalist? Not trolling, I’m genuinely curious. I’m sure they exist, but I’ve never met one (that I know of).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login