Is Brian Kelly just Les Miles without the fun?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I don’t think that is the case. I think Kelly is a pretty good coach. The last 3 head coaches at LSU, prior to Kelly, all won national titles. Odds are kelly likely gets one.

I hate how in this Twitter, sports radio and message board world now that we determine coaches (and players) are a success or failure after 1 game into their second season.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
I don’t think that is the case. I think Kelly is a pretty good coach. The last 3 head coaches at LSU, prior to Kelly, all won national titles. Odds are kelly likely gets one.

I hate how in this Twitter, sports radio and message board world now that we determine coaches (and players) are a success or failure after 1 game into their second season.
Yep. He could get one just like Miles did. Miles was just fine as a coach, just like Kelly. You can stumble into a title at a school like LSU as a pretty good but not great coach.

Reactions: MidsouthDawg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Kelly is a good coach, probably their best since Saban left. Let’s not act like they got punked by a random team. Florida State has ELITE skill talent this year and is good on the defensive LOS.

To me, last night was more about FSU being legit than LSU being bad.

Reactions: hdogg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yes. Do some research on Kelly's career. He has won big at every level. He will get it done there too. I do not like Kelly and his Yankee personality but it's a fact that he has dominated at every level of football

patdog

May 28, 2007
Considering Les Miles has the highest winning percentage of any LSU coach since 1910, being "just another Les Miles" would be pretty damn good for Kelly.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Little early to making that comparison, BK is one year and one game into his tenure. I would say from afar BK has some IQ points advantage over Les Miles.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
Considering Les Miles has the highest winning percentage of any LSU coach since 1910, being "just another Les Miles" would be pretty damn good for Kelly.
Yep. He will do what Miles did and they will be ready to run him out of town in two years.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yes. Do some research on Kelly's career. He has won big at every level. He will get it done there too. I do not like Kelly and his Yankee personality but it's a fact that he has dominated at every level of football
Plenty of coaches won big at every level until they coached in the SEC.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Holy Hot Take

Kelly is a great coach. FSU is legit this year.
I think they are legit but in recent years when we've thought they were back they always find a way to **** and fall back in it. They've had some bad losses over the last several years. We shall see what transpires but they were definitely the more physical team last night. If they keep that up they'll have a special season.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Kelly was 3-8 against opponents ranked in the top 10 at Notre Dame.

He will play at least 2 Top 10 teams this season (FSU & Bama) I suspect he will be 0-2.
You may not realize it but ND wasn't his first head coaching job. ND can't recruit the same players LSU can in large part due to academic standards.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I think they said last night that Kelly is 3-10 against AP top 10. His NC is division II. He also seems to always lose the big games. Might just be perception. He sounds like a 12-year-old when he speaks.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
You may not realize it but ND wasn't his first head coaching job.

Kelly didn't play any Top 10 teams while coaching Grand Valley State, Central Michigan and Cincinnati.

He could have played 1 Top 10 at Cincy but he would have got smoked by Tebow in the Sugar Bowl. He quit on his team before the bowl game to go to ND.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Top ten teams ? How do you win the championship game without playing a top ten team ? Different divisions ya know ? Grand Valley State wasn't FBS. That's why I said he has won at every level. 273 wins.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
Is Brian Kelly just Les Miles without the fun?

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010

Is Brian Kelly just Les Miles without the fun?​

The grass isn't always greener, especially when you don't eat it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login