Is Bronny James the worst case of Sports nepotism ever?

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
There have been many players that have had generational representation in professional sports. I am sure it gives a leg up to some people to have had someone from their family play sports professionally, but I can't think of a case where it so obvious the only reason the kid gets a chance is because of that.
Lebron is among if not the GOAT. He's a good family man and donates a lot to worthy causes. But he's got some issues that are irritating as hell.

Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
LeBron flops and complains. And he doesn't have the skills to be a leader of a team in the way that he could. But as an individual player, yes he's one of the top 10 individual players ever and yes he gets a bonus for no off the court dysfunctional stuff, married, as well as being a giving individual.

What's missing is a good life mentor. Jordan had that.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
There have been many players that have had generational representation in professional sports. I am sure it gives a leg up to some people to have had someone from their family play sports professionally, but I can't think of a case where it so obvious the only reason the kid gets a chance is because of that.

Honestly, the biggest nepo babies in the world are coaches that have parents that are coaches.

Reactions: mstateglfr

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
This big bron play a part in him going to the lakers...yes

But think about it...Bronny was a McD's all America and a potential top 10 pick coming out of high school

Had that heart issues and sat about for months missing valuable basketball time and when he came back he didn't really mesh with that ream

could he be good? Yes. Could he be terrible? Also yes...but there's a lot of **** talking coming from a bunch of people who completely **** on the NBA on this site that probably have watched pro ball since 1983

H8arebel

Feb 12, 2023

But think about it...Bronny was a McD's all America and a potential top 10 pick coming out of high school

Had that heart issues and sat about for months missing valuable basketball time and when he came back he didn't really mesh with that ream

could he be good? Yes. Could he be terrible? Also yes...but there's a lot of **** talking coming from a bunch of people who completely **** on the NBA on this site that probably have watched pro ball since 1983
For the love of Je sus please retire so the Lakers can rebuild. Dr buss spinning like a tilt a whirl

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

Was that not also hype based on his dad? His senior stat line in high school was: 14.2 points, 5.5 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.8 steals. That's certainly good but doing that in high school doesn't scream top ten pick for a guy that's 6'2" .

Not disputing your point that spending a 2nd round pick on him isn't that big of a deal. Most second round picks don't work out and spending one to keep a draw like Lebron on your team is probably a no brainer from a financial standpoint. And I would assume that there are plenty of players that average less than 5 points per game as a true freshman that develop into good NBA players. But I suspect he's pretty indistinguishable from another 30 high school players guards his age other than his last name.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
LeBron flops and complains. And he doesn't have the skills to be a leader of a team in the way that he could. But as an individual player, yes he's one of the top 10 individual players ever and yes he gets a bonus for no off the court dysfunctional stuff, married, as well as being a giving individual.

What's missing is a good life mentor. Jordan had that.
Lebron is easily one of the three best players to ever play the game. And btw Jordan’s mentor was killed because Mikey had some gambling debts

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Lebron is easily one of the three best players to ever play the game. And btw Jordan’s mentor was killed because Mikey had some gambling debts
Lebron is the best to ever play. That said he also changed the NBA forever, in a negative way.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
Lebron James is just awful. I can’t think of an athlete that I have disliked more than I dislike him.

Last edited:
Reactions: retire the banner

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Lebron is the best to ever play. That said he also changed the NBA forever, in a negative way.
An individual that cannot get a team to play together. Great individual player. Terrible team leader these last several years, worse every year at that. But get that all time scoring record and watch the playoffs in Cancun. Self centered on the court and it's painfully obvious. Whiner. Not a winner.

So in my book, no, not the best.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
An individual that cannot get a team to play together. Great individual player. Terrible team leader these last several years, worse every year at that. But get that all time scoring record and watch the playoffs in Cancun. Self centered on the court and it's painfully obvious. Whiner. Not a winner.

So in my book, no, not the best.
It’s tough to determine the best to ever play because there are so many factors. But in terms of talent, durability, and winning, he’s gotta be top 2. And if you look back at MJ’s career, there are some questions surrounding his DPOY in ‘88 - they basically cooked the books for him to win it, and also talent level in the league.

I hate I’m saying any of this because Lebron is a piece of **** human and probably my most hated player in any sport, ever.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Bronny was the 52nd player rated in the draft. Lakers picked him 55th. At best a pick there is a bench player on a good team or a starter on a bad one and that is exactly where he was drafted. He will not last in the league just like almost every other 2nd round pick. That's not extreme anything.

I see worse every day in real life, especially in school systems. Let's say a coach really stinks at coaching but they are someone's son. Do they fire him? No. They often times get promoted to principal and they are even worse at running a school.

When they suck at being a principal, instead of firing them then, they move them to a new school. Why? After a couple years of sucking, they State will step in and make you fire him if he can't improve. So, move them and he gets a couple more years to suck. Nepotism complaints should start at home. Look around you if want to see worse then Bronny getting drafted by a team with the 55th pick when he was rated 52nd best player.

All your small communities are doing way worse than Bronny James drafted by the Lakers, including mine.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login