Is Charlie Winfield not an AD candidate?

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
Benko has the weakest resume of the three. He also has a goofy GSU headshot and Twitter profile picture. He’s not the guy.
Season 6 What GIF by The Office

So if he had a better picture he’d be fine for you?
His resume is fine.

Reactions: chuckster.sixpack

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Maybe I’ve missed it, but is Charlie getting any consideration? Listened to his interview on Out of Bounds yesterday, and he was a big part of the Leach interview and coaching search. He’s been connected to many different programs at the school. I know his role with the Bulldog Initiative is important, but I like him as a candidate way more than Benko.
Why would he take that kind of pay cut?

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
On this site and Genespage, there appears to be a concentrated effort to get people on-board for Benko. How is he stronger than Wicker? Fundraising seems to be how people answer that question. Wicker has been successful at fundraising and built a new stadium at SDSU. Many disliked Cohen before he left, and others finally turned on Cohen when he did. Benko is a Cohen guy. He’s not a Byrne/Stricklin guy. Let’s not pretend he’s a part of the AD fraternity that started at UK. I’m not satisfied with the three rumored candidates listed by name. That’s the reason I asked about Charlie. I think Wicker probably has the most upside given his political connection. Cohen’s politics lost us some alumni support. But again I’m not sold on those three guys.

And I brought up the goofy profile picture because if that’s how Benko chooses to brand himself, what kind of self-awareness does he have and what brand choices will he make at State? Yes, that’s a minor and maybe subjective thing, but if I was hiring someone for a marketing role, that would affect my decision.

I don’t think we are hiring Schaefer, but someone in the Ole Miss athletic dept has been spreading that he’s a candidate. Makes me think he’s the mystery candidate hinted on Genespage.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Benko is a Cohen guy. He’s not a Byrne/Stricklin guy. Let’s not pretend he’s a part of the AD fraternity that started at UK.

I’m not satisfied with the three rumored candidates listed by name.

That’s the reason I asked about Charlie.

I think Wicker probably has the most upside given his political connection. Cohen’s politics lost us some alumni support. But again I’m not sold on those three guys.

And I brought up the goofy profile picture because if that’s how Benko chooses to brand himself, what kind of self-awareness does he have and what brand choices will he make at State? Yes, that’s a minor and maybe subjective thing, but if I was hiring someone for a marketing role, that would affect my decision.

I don’t think we are hiring Schaefer, but someone in the Ole Miss athletic dept has been spreading that he’s a candidate. Makes me think he’s the mystery candidate hinted on Genespage.
Stricklin hired Benko.

Dont believe all rumors you hear

Maybe, just maybe, Charlie doesnt want to be AD? You had that thought?

We are going to hitch our political wagon to a partisan Ole Miss politician?

You sound like an Ole Miss fan with that vain of assessment

Shafer isnt a candidate

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login