Is Deion’s impact good for college football?

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Are money and swagger the way to go?

They are making Stanford look like Juveniles.

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
Are money and swagger the way to go?

They are making Stanford look like Juveniles.
In todays college football 100%. People can say what they want about Deion, but he has been great at most everything he has done. Not sure why people thought coaching would be different. People / media / AD's get fixed on there is only one way to be a great coach, and never want to accept coaches like Leach or Deion who have done it different.

I would have loved to have him!

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
Talk radio says the schools sports apparel sales are up 800%. Tickets to games are sold out. $28 million in donations to Colorado's Buff Club for the 2023 fiscal year — a major increase on the $20.2 million raised in 2022. Deion's $5.9 million salary has been a bargain.

We shop for coaches in the bargain bin

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
This game is good. Coming into tonight Stanford’s leading receiver was a TE with around 260 yards on the year. A receiver named Elic Ayomanor has busted out tonight, currently has 294 yards and 3 TDs, while being defended by Travis Hunter. He’s working him.

Reactions: josebrown

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I hope people look around and realize the Colorado story wouldn’t be a story if we had some
Super league.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Talk radio says the schools sports apparel sales are up 800%.

Bandwagon...or sidewalks. Strange that we have a pocket of "buffs fans" that materialized overnight in this corner of Georgia. Have talked to several and none are alums, just happened to have lived in Colorado at some point and now happy to rock some Colorado stuff.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Bandwagon...or sidewalks. Strange that we have a pocket of "buffs fans" that materialized overnight in this corner of Georgia. Have talked to several and none are alums, just happened to have lived in Colorado at some point and now happy to rock some Colorado stuff.
Listen. I know everyone says this so it’s going to sound like I’m lying. I am not a bandwagon guy like the rest of them. I have been this way since the 90’s. I hated Deion as a Falcon I’m a hater now. 17 Colorado.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I'm indifferent about Deion and the Fighting Deions. His mental edge works when you win because it's based on ego and swagger. Really tough to lose at home with all the celebrities there to a nobody. Huge blow to that ego. At the end of the day he's there to get paid and get his son to the NFL payday. Good for him.

Let me just add: Stanford lost to Arizona and Sacramento State (is that a real team?). Stanford made two 97+ yard scores. Stanford outscored Colorado 36 to 7 in the second half. And the star Buff Hunter got totally "Mossed" by Ayomeyer late in the game. Sanders at QB threw a late pick and also overthrew Hunter for a first down that would have most likely ended the game. They looked really really bad on multiple plays late in the game.

Hard to talk crap pregame and have any swagger after that. Stanford. Damn.

Last edited:

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Did Shedura happen to check his watch last night?*.

I find it funny teams seem to go right at Travis Hunter in the pass game. He is fast but small. He is a liability vs tall strong receivers.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Well yeah, he has been good for Colorado. However we shall see how long he stays there. I assume he will be gone quick, win or lose. He won't handle the losing well. Win, blue blood is coming for him.

With that said, there are smart people running these college football programs. They know who can really coach and who is just talk. I think "Coach Prime" will have to stop losing 29-0 leads before his style (or whatever you want to call it) becomes what ADs want in a head coach.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
This is the type of loss that tells you there's some problems in the locker room. It will be interesting to see if Sanders is able to right the ship. I was on the hype train until Stanford.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
I’m a Colorado alum. Despite that game, sure wish my undergrad alum had hired Deion. He’d be challenging Saban and Smart for recruits right now at poor ole State.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Is Hunter’s future on offense or defense should he make it to the NFL?

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
What's interesting about Stanford is that there are maybe less than 200 or so outstanding high school football players nationwide who meet their eligibility requirements. Most are them go elsewhere. They have to win with some average players and few skilled players and good coaching.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I’m a Colorado alum. Despite that game, sure wish my undergrad alum had hired Deion. He’d be challenging Saban and Smart for recruits right now at poor ole State.
I think it was the great philosopher Flava Flav that once said "hype don't pay da bills, but this mouth don't stop." Let's celebrate all the players that try it the "Deion Way". Should work out well for them.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I hope people look around and realize the Colorado story wouldn’t be a story if we had some
Super league.
Is it still even a story now? I mean Colorado is only 4-3, and in their last 5 games they play 4 against Top 20 teams (3 on the road), and the 5th game is against a pretty decent Arizona team as we already know. Their chances of getting bowl eligible aren’t much better than ours, if at all.

Not that it isn’t an improvement over what they were last year, but considering they had the HC pretty much paying top dollar for his own players via the NIL shell game, and they also poached a sitting FBS HC just to be the OC, it shouldn’t be seen as some crazy result.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Is it still even a story now? I mean Colorado is only 4-3, and in their last 5 games they play 4 against Top 20 teams (3 on the road), and the 5th game is against a pretty decent Arizona team as we already know. Their chances of getting bowl eligible aren’t much better than ours, if at all.

Not that it isn’t an improvement over what they were last year, but considering they had the HC pretty much paying top dollar for his own players via the NIL shell game, and they also poached a sitting FBS HC just to be the OC, it shouldn’t be seen as some crazy result.
Is Kiffin worth $9M, that's a good bit more than Deion is making. Since Kiffin's payday, he has beaten Kentucky and now LSU this year. Just asking the question. A top 10 salary for beating 1 top 25 team so far.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
He was not ever going to come here even if we had wanted him.
Why? It’s easier to get talent at Msstate than Colorado. You have to go to California, Texas, or the South to get any players.

in fact, David Duke was speaking in downtown Boulder…the overwhelming majority of people present were protesters. The first few words out of his mouth were, “Y’all should stop protesting. I absolutely love Boulder. Y’all have created a society here that is exactly what I advocate for the rest of the nation.” That’s probably the only true thing he said his entire speech.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008

It was a huge story for 5 weeks and was great for CFB. And watching that program in the next few years is something that wouldn’t have happened without Prime. No one would even be talking about this game before this year.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Why? It’s easier to get talent at Msstate than Colorado. You have to go to California, Texas, or the South to get any players.

in fact, David Duke was speaking in downtown Boulder…the overwhelming majority of people present were protesters. The first few words out of his mouth were, “Y’all should stop protesting. I absolutely love Boulder. Y’all have created a society here that is exactly what I advocate for the rest of the nation.” That’s probably the only true thing he said his entire speech.
He was going to take the first big time offer he got, whatever it was. And he’ll do it again, if he gets another chance to climb further up the ladder. Trouble is, he’s running out of NFL QB prospect offspring fairly soon, and what he’s doing in NIL probably isn’t sustainable at a have-not program for, say, 5+ years.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login