Is Deion’s impact good for college football?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It was a huge story for 5 weeks and was great for CFB. And watching that program in the next few years is something that wouldn’t have happened without Prime. No one would even be talking about this game before this year.
I’m sure plenty of people would be talking about a game between two P5 teams, that happened to be the only game on television on a particular evening, and one of the two teams blew a 29-0 lead. That’s a story even if both teams were 0-6 coming in.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I’m sure plenty of people would be talking about a game between two P5 teams, that happened to be the only game on television on a particular evening, and one of the two teams blew a 29-0 lead. That’s a story even if both teams were 0-6 coming in.
Not on a Mississippi State message board.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I've followed him since his arrival at JSU and I hope I'm not being naïve but I believe he tries to teach his players more than football and I think the ones who will listen will be better men for it.
I will admit that I'm a big fan of a lot of the stuff he says to his guys. But I absolutely hate the way his teams play. And I hate all the unjustified hype they got. I quit watching the game last night because I got sick of hearing the announcers blowing Deion nonstop.

Hunter is a good ball player who got exposed late because they overuse him. Shadeur is extremely overrated. The better sanders kid in my opinion is the linebacker.

I'm not a hater. But I would like to see more humility. I suspect what we will start getting instead is a bunch of goalpost moving and reminding everyone how bad they were last year.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Same, until I flipped through looking for Noxapater Knife show. Turned my tinfoil bunny ears and caught overtime. No sound but was awesome
No sound would be the preferred way to watch.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Not on a Mississippi State message board.
Somebody would have brought it up. It was the only game on. And I wouldn’t have even known it was on if it wasn’t for the blown lead and the great night from the Stanford receiver being talked about on all the socials this morning.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Is Kiffin worth $9M, that's a good bit more than Deion is making. Since Kiffin's payday, he has beaten Kentucky and now LSU this year. Just asking the question. A top 10 salary for beating 1 top 25 team so far.
Not sure any of these coaches are worth that much but I’d bet Kiffin’s team would beat Sanders’ team 10 out of 10 times. The level of competition is a different level to my eyes.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Not sure any of these coaches are worth that much but I’d bet Kiffin’s team would beat Sanders’ team 10 out of 10 times. The level of competition is a different level to my eyes.
It wouldn't be close. And you can give Sanders all the time to recruit you want (hell, he recruited 80 players this year so he should be good now), but Kiffin will have his team more disciplined, better coached and better prepared.

Reactions: Coast_Dawg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I will admit that I'm a big fan of a lot of the stuff he says to his guys. But I absolutely hate the way his teams play. And I hate all the unjustified hype they got. I quit watching the game last night because I got sick of hearing the announcers blowing Deion nonstop.

Hunter is a good ball player who got exposed late because they overuse him. Shadeur is extremely overrated. The better sanders kid in my opinion is the linebacker.

I'm not a hater. But I would like to see more humility. I suspect what we will start getting instead is a bunch of goalpost moving and reminding everyone how bad they were last year.
This and "he don't even have his players yet"

Reactions: patdog

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Why? It’s easier to get talent at Msstate than Colorado. You have to go to California, Texas, or the South to get any players.

in fact, David Duke was speaking in downtown Boulder…the overwhelming majority of people present were protesters. The first few words out of his mouth were, “Y’all should stop protesting. I absolutely love Boulder. Y’all have created a society here that is exactly what I advocate for the rest of the nation.” That’s probably the only true thing he said his entire speech.
Deion was never going to a place that his QB had to play against a defense. They’ve played against one team that plays defense this season. That team stopped trying after they got up 42-0. I suspect as do others that have posted here that Sanders won’t be around much after Sanders (#2 and #21) and Hunter have played their last game in college and moved on. His obvious goal is to get his 3 chosen ones drafted and make money and get his attention in the process.

Reactions: Maroon13 and patdog

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Why? It’s easier to get talent at Msstate than Colorado. You have to go to California, Texas, or the South to get any players.

in fact, David Duke was speaking in downtown Boulder…the overwhelming majority of people present were protesters. The first few words out of his mouth were, “Y’all should stop protesting. I absolutely love Boulder. Y’all have created a society here that is exactly what I advocate for the rest of the nation.” That’s probably the only true thing he said his entire speech.
The overwhelming majority of people anywhere Duke speaks are protestors. Same a one of those loser KKK or neo-Nazi gatherings. When Duke used to live in Metarie (maybe he stills does) I once saw him at a table at Morning Call drinking coffee with some other angry loser.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I’m a Colorado alum. Despite that game, sure wish my undergrad alum had hired Deion. He’d be challenging Saban and Smart for recruits right now at poor ole State.

Agree. Wherever Coach Prime goes, success will follow.

Despite the loss last night, his first season at Colorado has been, and will be, successful. Next season, the Buffs football team/program will improve and be better.

Coach Prime is a winner, and he expects/demands that his players be winners.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Is there room for someone to be fascinated by Coach Prime bc he's entertaining, hope he succeeds, and just sit back and watch without making grand takes early on? I don't know if he's going to fail or change football. I don't care either way...but I'm going to watch whatever happens happen. Why do I have to plant my flag in some unknown territory early on?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login