Is he in over his head?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It’s logical and natural to be worried about the direction of the program, some moves that should have been made and some that shouldn’t.

but dont worry, the shills will be along to tell you exactly what you are supposed to think and ridicule you if have your own opinion. Shape the narrative. It’s to a ridiculous level on the other board.

just let people sound off, it’s not like it’s going to change anything.

The only people being ridiculed are folks who are speaking definitively that things 100% will or will not work out for option X, Y, Z, etc. The “we HAVE to keep the Air Raid” and “we HAVE to get away from the Air Raid” factions are both equally annoying.

As far as being worried about the direction of the program….hell….we all are. We are in the dead middle of an absolute worst case scenario for a head coach and major staff turnover. Our head coach passed away after the best overall season we’ve had in 12 years, and no one else on the planet runs his same offense. And to make matters worse, the coaching carousel had already stopped, so we had no proven HC’s to go after either, and we had no AD in place when it happened.

Historically, there’s a better than 50% chance we are going to be worse off than we were under Leach, and a very small chance we’ll actually improve. But we don’t know. Every option every step of the way has a ton of risk. Nobody seems willing to let it play out either way.

Reactions: She Mate Me

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I don't like the way you used two one sentence paragraphs here.

I absolutely love it. My biggest pet peeve on this site is the supposed college graduates here who can't seem to come to the end of a sentence with a period in the proper place and have no idea that the proper use of paragraphs is vital to a reader's understanding of the points the writer is attempting to impart to said reader, it's incredibly frustrating and needs to stop.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
He's been coaching college ranks since 2011 I believe. He is not over his head. He knows who he want. Not having an AD might actually be the problem getting new coaches on board. That is their job.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
We definitely can't have Will running. I loved someone's post last week about a toddler out running him. Have any of you guys looked at our defensive rankings over the last 5 or more years ? Our defense ain't all that fellas

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I absolutely love it. My biggest pet peeve on this site is the supposed college graduates here who can't seem to come to the end of a sentence with a period in the proper place and have no idea that the proper use of paragraphs is vital to a reader's understanding of the points the writer is attempting to impart to said reader, it's incredibly frustrating and needs to stop.
Careful...punctuation is a microaggression with the youts.

Chucksizzle

Dec 17, 2022
The only people being ridiculed are folks who are speaking definitively that things 100% will or will not work out for option X, Y, Z, etc. The “we HAVE to keep the Air Raid” and “we HAVE to get away from the Air Raid” factions are both equally annoying.

As far as being worried about the direction of the program….hell….we all are. We are in the dead middle of an absolute worst case scenario for a head coach and major staff turnover. Our head coach passed away after the best overall season we’ve had in 12 years, and no one else on the planet runs his same offense. And to make matters worse, the coaching carousel had already stopped, so we had no proven HC’s to go after either, and we had no AD in place when it happened.

Historically, there’s a better than 50% chance we are going to be worse off than we were under Leach, and a very small chance we’ll actually improve. But we don’t know. Every option every step of the way has a ton of risk. Nobody seems willing to let it play out either way.
Better than 50 % worse off than what Leach would have done ? Lol

id say 100%

unless you had Nick saban coming there was no reason to let all of these coaches go. And saban isn’t going to work as an oc for a 3 million dollar a year head coach. this would be funny if it wasn’t so sad

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
I'm just speaking out loud. Not being a downer, but lets look at what's happening.

- we are told we will continue with an air raid. Nobody expected it to be Leach's version. That kept helped keep the class together and the players.

- the minute it comes out we want Briles, 2 QBs bolt. Expected one but not 2.

- With Leach being gone for almost a month (miss that guy already) it seems the plan was Briles and that's it.

What do you guys think?
frightened and c0nfused bout the future

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I'm just speaking out loud. Not being a downer, but lets look at what's happening.

- we are told we will continue with an air raid. Nobody expected it to be Leach's version. That kept helped keep the class together and the players.

- With Leach being gone for almost a month (miss that guy already) it seems the plan was Briles and that's it.

What do you guys think?
I think you are not only in over your OWN head but have it shoved up your A$$ as well. Take a Deep Breath and Chill Out. I'm sick of these Negative Waves this early on. Let the schit play out.

Reactions: GomJabbar

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
He showed more balls than the last five head coaches combined by not being a Po Ol Mithippi Thate guy and going after a big time guy, and I'll be damned if he almost didn't land him.

We're just fine. And we'll end up with somebody good. This isn't Larry Templeton's athletic department anymore.
THIS!!! The guy that started this thread is absolutely the biggest of downers just be starting this thread!!

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
I see what you point is, but I counter that with the known that I posted. It was reported by radio and writers that we would continue with an air raid system, building off the foundation of Leach. That is a known. Then he goes all out after Briles. Briles is not an air raid guy. Then we had an unexpected QB transfer.
There were people on here predicting that SR would transfer six weeks ago. I think you would have to be pretty naive to consider his departure unexpected.

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019

What do you guys think?
We didn’t loose 2 QB’s because of a rumor about Briles they
left cause they weren’t being considered for playing time with leach and after leach,

What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?

I'm just speaking out loud. Not being a downer, but let’s look at what's happening.

What do you guys think?

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Sometimes you get what you pay for - given how this has played out - should have held national search

one recruiting class does not make a program with the transfer portal

now you’re stuck with him for 3 yr because the only person with balls to cut bait quick is in auburn

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Sometimes you get what you pay for - given how this has played out - should have held national search

one recruiting class does not make a program with the transfer portal

now you’re stuck with him for 3 yr because the only person with balls to cut bait quick is in auburn
Didn’t MSU fire Moorhead after two seasons?

Reactions: drexeldog23

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Well, we really don't know anything for sure right now. But if I was a betting man I would bet we have stepped on our di*ks here. Luckily we have a lot of experience returning and a little bit easier schedule to ease the transition. Im not feeling real warm and fuzzy about things myself. Btw....say bye to those 9 wins if it's Bobo

Reactions: theoriginalSALTYdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login