Is it any surprise at all that this happens on a Kiffin-coached team?

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Blatant fake injuries have been around for a long time, ever since the hurry up offenses got real popular.

I think it was Auburn a few years back, they had two guys on defense line up, then fall over injured.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Blatant fake injuries have been around for a long time, ever since the hurry up offenses got real popular.

I think it was Auburn a few years back, they had two guys on defense line up, then fall over injured.

This takes the cake though.

It's one thing for a player to lay on the ground a bit longer than necessary after a play and feign an injury. That's been around, probably as long as football's been around. But the fake injuries have really taken off this year and become much more egregious and obvious.

Nothing was as bad this one though. Player clearly looks to the sideline to take a signal to fake an injury.

Reactions: Lurker123

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
The only way to curtail this issue is to implement some kind of ruling, that if a player goes down to "injury", they must sit out a certain number of plays. I don't think 1 play would be enough to discourage this behavior, but if you implement 2-3 plays (or more), that may put a damper on the blatant fake injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lurker123

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
The only way to curtail this issue, is to implement some kind of ruling, that if a player goes down to "injury", this must sit out a certain number of plays. I don't think 1 play would be enough to discourage this behavior, but if you implement 2-3 plays (or more), that may put a damper on the blatant fake injuries.

Yes. Need to do something. Much like they implemented a rule to stop the fake QB slide.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login