Is it pissing anyone else off

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
No it doesn’t. You don’t go from CWS champs in 2021 to dead last in the SEC and losers of your last 11 SEC games in 2022.

This. There are steps back but not NC to DEAD LAST in the SEC, three home sweeps and losing the last 11 conference games. That is way way WAY too much of a step back especially with 6 regular starters coming back on a CWS championship team. What happened this season cannot happen again…EVER!

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Two injuries should never put you dead last In the conference. That's bad recruiting and bad development. Two injuries? That's maybe not make the top seeded teams in post season. We didn't even make the sec tournament. Make excuses all you want goat. But this team had a lot more issues than injuries for a team loaded with players that just won a natty.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Two injuries should never put you dead last In the conference. That's bad recruiting and bad development. Two injuries? That's maybe not make the top seeded teams in post season. We didn't even make the sec tournament. Make excuses all you want goat. But this team had a lot more issues than injuries for a team loaded with players that just won a natty.

We get it, man. The season sucked.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
before JC hires a baseball Coach --he should tell Him failing to get to Hoover will get you fired. Say if up front--at MSU failing to get to Hoover just won't cut it--coming in last in the SEC --just damn--no excuse. The fact that we went from Natty winner to last in the SEC is almost incomprehensible. had basically 7 starters back and brought in all sec 2nd baseman.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
before JC hires a baseball Coach --he should tell Him failing to get to Hoover will get you fired. Say if up front--at MSU failing to get to Hoover just won't cut it--coming in last in the SEC --just damn--no excuse. The fact that we went from Natty winner to last in the SEC is almost incomprehensible. had basically 7 starters back and brought in all sec 2nd baseman.
And had 4 season-ending pitching injuries.

But whatever, man. Ya'll are just dumb. Enjoy your misery. I'll enjoy watching football, basketball and watching us win again next year in baseball. I have not lost one bit of sleep over this season.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I wasn't bad mouthing the team, Lemonis, Cohen, the program, or anything like that. Not sure why tcdog70 thought I was.

It was simply a disappointing season and I'm not trying to relive that by watching other teams play in the postseason.

I'm ready for next season, and football to a lesser extent.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012

I’m sure that an AD who also finished last in the SEC as a baseball coach between a national runner up finish and an SEC title season will certainly have no problem telling future suitors that such an occurrence won’t be tolerated. Wouldn’t be hypocritical at all***

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

View attachment 24543

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012

Maybe learn to count….

Injured:

Sims
Simmons
Hunt
Auger

Drafted / Left:

Bednar
McLeod
Harding

The first list contained 2 of our 3 weekend starters on opening day, our 2022 closer, and our 2021 closer who was also our Friday night guy in 2022. It also includes our top bullpen arm in the first half of the season. The second list contains our entire 2021 weekend rotation.

To sum it up, we lost our entire rotation once and 2/3 of the replacement rotation since dogpiling in 2021. We lost our closer and lost our closer’s replacement. We lost the best pitcher in the 17ing country in that second grouping.

Now tell me, how many SEC teams can use their 6th and 7th best pitchers as weekend starters at the drop of a hat with minimal drop off, AND still have a top notch bullpen and midweek starters from the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th best pitchers? None. That’s how many.

The numbers don’t lie. This team had the worst pitching staff in the conference due to injuries, and that’s going to land you DFL in the SEC or damn close to it every single time. This nonsense about our hitting, recruiting, development, and will to win is a giant load of horse ****. If you can’t pitch, you can’t win. That was the case in 2022, 2015, and 2008-2010. We weren’t perfect in the hitting department or defensively, but we were more than serviceable in both aspects to make the post season with even average pitching. In terms of OPS, we literally replaced the SEC player of the year and another 4-year starter / All-SEC player with comparable production from a true freshmen and portal transfer (Lemonis recruits for those keeping score), and it didn’t even 17ing matter, because of the pitching issues.

Last edited:

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Yes we did but still not buying it.....

And had 4 season-ending pitching injuries.

But whatever, man. Ya'll are just dumb. Enjoy your misery. I'll enjoy watching football, basketball and watching us win again next year in baseball. I have not lost one bit of sleep over this season.

We still should have had enough to at least make the SECT. Stinnett getting injured didn't cost us anything. Sims and Simmons did hurt but heck Sims was 0-2 when he got hurt.

Even after the injuries we were poised to EASILY make it to Hoover after taking 2 of 3 in the mississippi series and then promptly fell apart finishing 2-13, 1-11.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Except it wasn’t “almost entirely back”. Without Allen, Rowdey, Sims, and Bednar, we don’t even host a regional last year. Witout even one of them, we don’t make Omaha or win a natty. Yall are straight up clueless on the magnitude of what we lost, and that’s not even to mention Simmons, Hunt, Auger, Harding, etc.

Empty words. You cannot possibly know this.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Empty words. You cannot possibly know this.

Like hell I can’t. Unlike you, I evidently remember us only being a national seed by the hair of our ***, getting pretty damn lucky to make it out of our own super regional against one of the best hitting teams in the country, having to scrap through 3 tough games against Texas, needing 3 All-American performances from Bednar in Omaha, and so forth. You take away either of two first round draft picks, the SEC player of the year, or the consistently clutch play of a 4-year starter in CF, and none of that **** happens.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login