Is it ride or die with Chris Parson at 2023 QB

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Or have we offered anyone else recently? I heard Parson will visit again, but it seems like he’s stringing us along.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I'm sure others would disagree, but personally I think if we don't get him it would be acceptable to just go without a QB recruit this year. I'm sure not adding to the room this year would help our chances next year at a top quality recruit. Seems like we have at least 2 quality replacements for Will on staff now. Obviously anything could happen tho

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I'm sure others would disagree, but personally I think if we don't get him it would be acceptable to just go without a QB recruit this year. I'm sure not adding to the room this year would help our chances next year at a top quality recruit. Seems like we have at least 2 quality replacements for Will on staff now. Obviously anything could happen tho

Do we have two or three more season with Rogers?

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I think it's going to be a tough pull at the end of the day. Not sure who else is on our board. Brock Glenn out of memphis has blown up and teams like tOSU and other blue bloods are on him. Leach has made a living off getting mildly recruited QBs to overperform in his system.

I'm way more concerned over DL recruiting.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Leach always wants to take a QB every year, but I agree unless there’s an underrated 3 star out there, we should stand pat.

I do hope we sign Parson because he has a good accurate arm - a Leach prerequisite - and is a plus runner.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I hope we get him too. I wouldn't be all that surprised if this isn't the last year with Will. If he improves from year 2 to 3 as much as 1 to 2 he could get drafted. I think if he puts up big numbers and the team wins 8 or 9 games he becomes a desirable commodity.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
If he improves from year 2 to 3 as much as 1 to 2 he could get drafted. I think if he puts up big numbers and the team wins 8 or 9 games he becomes a desirable commodity.

Other than Tim Couch QBs under Leach have been pretty much ignored in the draft. Maybe Rogers putting up big numbers against SEC defenses will change that.

HamSammich

Nov 9, 2016
Will has a legitimate chance to be the all time NCAA passing leader if he has a good year this year and has two years left.

Don’t be surprised if he stays

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I don't think owning that record pays very well tho. And Leach has had 1 first round, 4 sixth round and 1 seventh round QB drafted so far. None really had any success except Gardner and Couch. We will have to see about Will.

Last edited:

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I'm with you, Ralph. Between Rogers, Robertson, Greek, and Locke, that's 15 years of remaining QB eligibility already on the roster, and I've just gotta think at least a couple of those guys can play ball in Leach's system. If not, we've still got Rogers for 2-3 more years, and if all else fails... there's the good ol' portal with new crops of malcontent 4-5* QBs every offseason

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Will has a legitimate chance to be the all time NCAA passing leader if he has a good year this year and has two years left.

Don’t be surprised if he stays

Yea, I certainly don't know Will, but assuming he's not likely to be a high draft pick, he seems like the kind of guy that would keep being the man in college while he can rather than leave early to be a late round draft pick. If he exhausts his eligiblity, he will still just be the equivalent of a RS Senior. I would understand those players that Red shirted before 2020 not wanting to stick around for a sixth year, but it's not abnormal for players to stick around for five years

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I don't think owning that record pays very well tho. And Leach has had 1 first round, 4 sixth round and 1 seventh round QB drafted so far. None really had any success except Gardner and Couch. We will have to see about Will.
Ya'll don't get the big picture. The fact that Leach actually took these lower talented, lower rated guys and put them in position to BE drafted at all......THAT is the key point in all this. Everybody wants to just hate on his sheer numbers, well **** he's working with a lot less talent too. They got a chance at the NFL, because Leach put them in position to be successful in college.

On the other hand, Saban has put hordes of players in the NFL, and the bust rate is incredible for those guys.

Bottom line is, it's up to the players to make it in the NFL. All the college coaches can do, is put them in position to showcase their talents, even if it doesn't 100% translate to the next level. It's more about being seen.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
I don’t think he’s stringing us along, he’s bringing his whole family next visit, and blv we’re listed as his top school on 24/7 right now. He has strong interest in Leach. I just don’t know how good he is, or can be, but I’ll trust Leach’s evaluation.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
According to Tom Luginbill he is very talented and has all the skills. Only shortcoming is he is barely 6 feet tall. Grandparents live in Starkville. If the dead Indians don't rise up Leach and Drew will get him. Edited to correct my mistake. It was not Bartoo, it was Luginbill. He worked with him personally and was impressed. See OOB podcast

Last edited:

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Looks like I misspoke. Decommitting is the first step. He will be at Top Dawg camp soon (not sure when that is) and the hope is he will commit then.

I’m excited. He can be a poor-man’s Bryce Young - accurate, strong arm with the wheels to extend plays and get out of trouble when the pocket collapses.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login