Is Saturday a go to the game day, or sit in front of the TV day?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Disclaimer - I can't make the Zona game, so there's that. But these FCS games really do suck. However, I want to see the team play and it won't be all that hot, relatively speaking (87 I think). Schedule is:

Tennessee/Virginia in the morning, along with Kentucky/Ball State on the side
State in the afternoon, Ole Miss on the side, with a few other crappy G5/FCS games
South Carolina/UNC at night, along with other shlt, basically to just flip through and see what's up

Pretty dang awful. Florida/Utah is Thursday then LSU/FSU Sunday, so I guess it's a go to the game day?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Tennis, then Premier League soccer in morning / early afternoon. Then the State game and maybe catch parts of South Carolina/UNC at night. Will be at the Arizona game though.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I’m going to multiple games Saturday. Baseball, soccer, and gymnastics (if that counts).

Reactions: Dawgg

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Disclaimer - I can't make the Zona game, so there's that. But these FCS games really do suck. However, I want to see the team play and it won't be all that hot, relatively speaking (87 I think). Schedule is:

State in the afternoon, Ole Miss on the side, with a few other crappy G5/FCS games
South Carolina/UNC at night, along with other shlt, basically to just flip through and see what's up

Pretty dang awful. Florida/Utah is Thursday then LSU/FSU Sunday, so I guess it's a go to the game day?
I am going to the game. Can't wait for kickoff. Got some cool friends coming into town from the coast. I look to wake up early, get the flat iron cooking breakfast. Set up for a late lunch of maybe burgers or something. Smoked wings? Maybe. Looking at getting a pellet grill and starting that journey this week. Who knows.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004

I don't understand people who don't like going to watch their team win a game.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The two best games this week is Florida vs Utah and FSU vs LSU. I gave my tickets for our game away to guy at church who is taking his son. They have never been to a Miss State game. I figure this would be an easy game for them to go not overcrowded.

Reactions: josebrown and Dawgg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I’m going for the first win of the most successful coach in Mississippi State football history.
Be better if he beat LSU first time out the gate. It would be even greater if he beat Bama first time out the gate.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Fox has really been pushing Colorado (really Deion) vs TCU as the biggest season kickoff ever...

TCU should win that game by about 40, right?

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012

Go to the game

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
First game of the year is always a go to the game day. Also, I feel sure they will do something to honor Mike Leach in the first home game since his death, so I want to see that. Also, the other games that day are terrible so there is nothing else you’re going to miss while in the game.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Fox has really been pushing Colorado (really Deion) vs TCU as the biggest season kickoff ever...

TCU should win that game by about 40, right?

I am actually semi-intrigued by that one. TCU lost a lot and Colorado brought in a whole new team via the portal. TCU probably wins but I definitely expect Colorado to be improved this year.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022

If you had to ask the Pack that question, especially after looking at the TV schedule and putting that on a message board as a question, then… well - really don’t know what to say.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Staying home isn't an option, its a matter of if I get off my arse and wander over to the stadium or just stay at the tent and drink my cold ones and cook on the grill. The grill and my cooler usually win that argument

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
Where do I find the blue tent this year?? If I give up the tv Saturday. I may go with ex -wifey. Prayers are welcomed… jk
Anyway, Maron- Whit!! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016

I have missed 4 home games since MSU hired JWS. The last one I missed was La Tech in 2011. I don't intend to misss another until my health will not allow me to attend. I swore when MSU finally made a commitment to football that I would also.

Last edited:

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I have a disabled daughter who requires too much care for me to attend more than one game every 5 years or so. It’s just not fair to my wife to leave her alone all weekend. I have only been able to take my other daughters to one game. I would give anything to be in Starkville this weekend. We are going to have a good team this year. Go to every damn game you can.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Taking my two little girls to their first college game. I didn’t get to grow up attending games, so this is the first step in giving it to my kids. Of note, my 3 year old has called every football game we’ve watched on television, even if the winning team is down when she calls it.
they’re both very excited

Sep 15, 2009
I am going to the game. Can't wait for kickoff. Got some cool friends coming into town from the coast. I look to wake up early, get the flat iron cooking breakfast. Set up for a late lunch of maybe burgers or something. Smoked wings? Maybe. Looking at getting a pellet grill and starting that journey this week. Who knows.
It's not often we hear the phrase "cool friends...from the coast." This is how you start a good post.

Reactions: HRMSU
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login