Is Shedeur Sanders a solid D1 QB?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
As I stated in another post, it's gonna be a lot different level of defensive quality he is going against. Showing out in the SWAC is not nearly as difficult but maybe he will step up. Nebraska may not be great but compared to Valley they are a huge upgrade.

Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
My thoughts as well. Going to be tough but hopefully they sign him a few receivers to help out. I'm guessing he'll run a good bit

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I have no idea how it will go in Colorado for him… but I bet a lot of the same posters that are predicting this will be a disaster also predicted Deion at Jackson state would be a disaster.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I have no idea how it will go in Colorado for him… but I bet a lot of the same posters that are predicting this will be a disaster also predicted Deion at Jackson state would be a disaster.
I know what you mean but different level of athlete and coaches. Plus, I think Prime made a mistake taking this job.

I keep thinking about how bad MRA beat his high school team. JSU, he assembled a bunch of D1 guys. Well….everybody has D1 guys now.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
I guess we will see. If he's not that's going to get shitastic quickly like dysfunctional reality show entertainment
If you are asking, in year one, is he gonna be a top half of the PAC 12 QB? The answer is no.

He’s got a TON of development to do. Prime had to leave for his son. That’s the reality.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I agree about JSU. I was actually shocked he went there at all. Winning a SWAC title at JSU is not in the same discussion as a winning season at Colorado. I don't think it'll be a disaster but I'm thinking year 1 will include several revealing moments. I think he'll get them to a bowl game in year 2.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The upgrade in competition will absolutely be good for Shedeur. It will help him get better and NFL ready

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
No. He’s going to suck and Deion Sanders’ stock will drop faster than Joe Moorhead’s. He was only successful at JSU because he was able to bring in top talent compared to his competition. He won’t have nearly the talent advantage compared to his peers as the head coach of Colorado.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
As I stated in another post, it's gonna be a lot different level of defensive quality he is going against. Showing out in the SWAC is not nearly as difficult but maybe he will step up. Nebraska may not be great but compared to Valley they are a huge upgrade.

Steve McNair, Jerry Rice and Walter Peyton showed out in the SWAC and then showed out when they stepped up to the NFL.

I haven't seen one snap from him but I wouldn't bet against Prime or his kid. That doesn't mean he's going to be 1st team all conference just means there are certain people you just don't bet against them succeeding.....he's one of them.

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
I don’t know much about his tactical X’s and O’s coaching, maybe he’ll get beat by scheme. he’ll get more talent than almost every team in the pac-12, it may take him a few years to get it there. That conference is not hard knocks, tho others with more coaching success/experience have failed.
I give it 60/40 in his favor to be successful if he makes it 4 years.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Well if 17-18 year old high school football players are half as obsessed with Coach Prime as fat *** 40-75 year old white guys that root for a school which has nothing to do with him are... He's going to have the number one recruiting class in the country next year.

Reactions: Conman90

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
I keep hearing about how many of his JSU players will follow him to Colorado. After reading what the Colorado AD and President said today about transfers it is highly unlikely that many of his players will be able to follow him there. CU is controlled by the academics there and they don’t offer majors in PE, General Studies or Interdisciplinary Studies that are so often preferred “majors” among athletes. They are very much like Stanford and Vanderbilt in that they don’t have majors in those courses of study. May be that very few of Deion’s players will be able to follow him to Colorado. “Corch Prime” may be screwed here. Not sure he did his research here, and this may be a real challenge for him. It seems that the biggest problem he faces at Colorado will be academics, and I’m not sure Deion even knows what that means at this point. It’s obvious that the academics (faculty) are running the show at UC.

Reactions: GomJabbar

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
I keep thinking about how bad MRA beat his high school team. JSU, he assembled a bunch of D1 guys. Well….everybody has D1 guys now.
I understand your point of everyone having D-1 guys now, but MRA only beat them by 1. Also, that’s nothing to be embarrassed about. Herbert Davis could be a college coach somewhere if he wanted to be. He’s one of the best in the state.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Well, if a receiver is open, he can accurately deliver the ball. He’s been working with pro qb trainers, so he has a lot of advantages. He will suck more is his team is bad though. However, Jay Cutler was pretty good on a crappy Vandy team.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Agree. But the step us from SWAC disfunction to PAC-12 is huge. He’ll pull in some recruits. But he won’t outrecruit Oregon or Washington. He won’t outcoach Utah. He may get them competitive with the rest. Unless ASU ever gets their act together.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
His bloodline makes him a great athlete regardless. If Prime can bring in some weapons around him, I think he will make some noise. PAC12 is known for its QB production and pipeline to NFL, so it is a crowded room.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I keep hearing about how many of his JSU players will follow him to Colorado. After reading what the Colorado AD and President said today about transfers it is highly unlikely that many of his players will be able to follow him there. CU is controlled by the academics there and they don’t offer majors in PE, General Studies or Interdisciplinary Studies that are so often preferred “majors” among athletes. They are very much like Stanford and Vanderbilt in that they don’t have majors in those courses of study. May be that very few of Deion’s players will be able to follow him to Colorado. “Corch Prime” may be screwed here. Not sure he did his research here, and this may be a real challenge for him. It seems that the biggest problem he faces at Colorado will be academics, and I’m not sure Deion even knows what that means at this point. It’s obvious that the academics (faculty) are running the show at UC.
Put me in the I’ll believe they’re selective on their entrance requirements when I see it. You don’t hire Deion Sanders just to get all selective academically in his recruiting.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
We don't really know how good his QB coach at JSU is. It will also depend on his QB coach this spring, summer and fall. If he has talent and football smarts, I suspect he has the athletic ability to be good.

What about that five-star WR. Where is he going to end up?

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
I know what you mean but different level of athlete and coaches. Plus, I think Prime made a mistake taking this job.

He has hired a sitting D1 head coach as his OC, Mike Zimmer as his DC and Tim Brewster as his primary recruiter. He may not kill it at Colorado, but I think you can stop using his game against MRA 4 years ago against him.

Based on his connections alone, he's going to bring in more 5 stars than we could ever think of landing.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Based on his connections alone, he's going to bring in more 5 stars than we could ever think of landing.

Better have 800K per 5 star. They aren't signing based on Deions drip and swag

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
No. He’s going to suck and Deion Sanders’ stock will drop faster than Joe Moorhead’s. He was only successful at JSU because he was able to bring in top talent compared to his competition. He won’t have nearly the talent advantage compared to his peers as the head coach of Colorado.
and the competition will be a YUGE change too. Beating up on teams in the worst conference in the country will not be the case at Colorado

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
CU is controlled by the academics there and they don’t offer majors in PE, General Studies or Interdisciplinary Studies that are so often preferred “majors” among athletes.
Anyone know why is an interdisciplinary studies major is bad/less appealing? An interdisciplinary studies major in marketing and communications(a fairly common mix when I was at MSU) seems quite equal to degree in only marketing.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I guess we will see. If he's not that's going to get shitastic quickly like dysfunctional reality show entertainment
He was a highly rated 4* with offers from a ton of solid programs.
No idea how much of that was due to his dad, or if any of it was due to his dad. But based on paper, he was viewed as a legit high major recruit. No reason to think otherwise now that he has played in college.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Just thinking one the "well informed" fan base (like ours) starts blaming losses on the QB, how well will that go over with Dad as coach...

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Just thinking one the "well informed" fan base (like ours) starts blaming losses on the QB, how well will that go over with Dad as coach...
Especially if he's setting conference all time records and they are calling for his head.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I don’t think it’s gonna be a disaster but I don’t think Deion is about to be the next Nick Saban or even Brian Kelly.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
The show in Colorado will be one of the must watches next year.

Is Deion a pretender that has just built a program on hype and a name… or is he the anti-Croom? Is he a talker and delegator or an offensive mind? Is he Ed Orgeron or Dabo Swinney?

The competition just got real. No more Southern, Grambling, Alabama A&M, Mississippi Valley, and Alcorn State. It’s now USC, UCLA, Oregon, Oregon State, Utah, Stanford, etc.

I’m all for watching the show when someone else is invested in it.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
Probably not the wisest thing at your opening team meeting to say hey here is my son, your starting QB. But one of their QBs had already hit the portal prior to Deion being named. And their leading passer, Shrout, who already transferred in from Tennessee completed 44% of his passes on the year. UGLY

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
They’re ditching the Leach Air Raid for an uptempo Josh Huepel version. That might mask some of CU’s roster deficiencies.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I don’t think it’s gonna be a disaster but I don’t think Deion is about to be the next Nick Saban or even Brian Kelly.
I agree. He definitely just had more talent than everyone at JSU. Clearly, he won’t do that at Colorado but he will improve the talent enough to compete.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
A little out of context from my OP and somewhat of a rabbit 🕳️ but good job moving the goalpost.
Fair enough. I guess my point was that those players lived in a different era and players of that caliber are a lot less likely to go to an HBCU now. Neither Rice nor Payton received an offer from a Southeastern Conference School.

McNair could only get only get FBS offers as a running back. He went to Alcorn State because they offered him a chance to play QB.

I probably could have said that in a less dickish way.

Reactions: HRMSU

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009
Let’s not be silly. Yea, FCS teams do slip up and beat FBS teams fairly regularly. But had Colorado played Prime and JSU this year, they’d have beat them. If they played 10 times, JSU May could have won a couple.
Prime will probably succeed in recruit because of his background and his charisma. But his success will not be near as instant at Colorado as JSU.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login