Is SixPack representative of the MSU fan base as a whole?

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
No proof to back it up, but I'd say that the majority here are 35+. I don't know the definition of "much younger" but I'd bet most of us are "older"... we're just young at heart.

If the average age of SixPackers is 10 below the average age of all MSU fans (and I bet the gap is even bigger), that would qualify as "much younger"

I guess you could then ask how we are getting to the SixPack average. Just a straight average of everyone who occasionallyviews, or weighted by post count?

Last edited:

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
overwhelmingly more conservative, tougher skinned and not really into canceling people.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
I bet <5% under 30.

I think that would be unusual, unless the <30s are all congregating somewhere else.

When I was in college in the late 00s, I probably knew 20 people who at least looked at this board every now and then. And that was a while ago, I'm 35 now. I can remember several people identifying themselves as current students since then, and I've never felt particularly young as a poster here. On the other hand, I think 35 puts me at pretty young compared to the fanbase as a whole (though that may depend on how you define "the fanbase"). Every football game I go to, I feel like I'm still younger than average.

Last edited:

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
No. As a whole, the MSU fanbase is overwhelmingly more down to earth and blue collar than six pack. Likewise, overwhelmingly more conservative than six pack liberal. As a whole, and unlike the whole of six pack, the MSU fanbase is tougher skinned and not really into canceling people. As a whole, the majority of MSU could care less about the internet or some message board.

LOL

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
No. As a whole, the MSU fanbase is overwhelmingly more down to earth and blue collar than six pack. Likewise, overwhelmingly more conservative than six pack liberal. As a whole, and unlike the whole of six pack, the MSU fanbase is tougher skinned and not really into canceling people. As a whole, the majority of MSU could care less about the internet or some message board.

Yeah I don't think that's accurate at all

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login