Is Stetson Bennett the 2023 Brock Purdy?

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I understand why he is not considered a first round pick but I don't understand why he is not even mentioned in NFL QB talk. Georgia won games because of him. He was not an Alabama QB that had so much other talent around that made McIlroy and McCarron look good. He was underestimated at Georgia before he earned the starting job. He was underestimated going into college. I really think someone in the NFL will get a QB in rounds 4+ or maybe even free agent.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I understand why he is not considered a first round pick but I don't understand why he is not even mentioned in NFL QB talk. Georgia won games because of him. He was not an Alabama QB that had so much other talent around that made McIlroy and McCarron look good. He was underestimated at Georgia before he earned the starting job. He was underestimated going into college. I really think someone in the NFL will get a QB in rounds 4+ or maybe even free agent.
He’d be a better TE**

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
I would draft him before Will Levis

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
You're saying Stetson Bennett will be in the Hall of Fame?

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’d draft him before Richardson too. I won’t be entirely shocked if 4 of the first 5 QBs taken this year end up as busts
I agree. Neither Richardson nor Levis impress me at all. If they look this bad against SEC defenses, how bad will they look against NFL defenses?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I agree. Neither Richardson nor Levis impress me at all. If they look this bad against SEC defenses, how bad will they look against NFL defenses?

Richardson….maybe he was bad. But Levis was 5th in the SEC in QBR in 2022, and 3 of the 4 ahead of him (Hooker, Young, and Bennett) had absolute light years more talent in the receiver and OL supporting cast. The 4th was KJ Jefferson who padded his QBR a good bit with running stats. As results go, that’s hardly bad. And he sure as hell did whatever he wanted against our defense in the 2nd half a few months ago.

Stoops and his OC run that ancient, slow paced pro style / play action / run heavy system that doesn’t really let any QB put up big numbers. Levis did damn well in it, all things considered.

Now, will he be a great pro QB? I can’t say. He could be the next Josh Rosen or he could be the next Aaron Rodgers. He wouldn’t be the first player of his profile to totally break out, or be a complete bust. And he won’t be the last, either.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
He wouldn’t be the first player of his profile to totally break out, or be a complete bust. And he won’t be the last, either.
No doubt about that. It's obviously very difficult to project a QB from college into the NFL. Lot of "can't miss" 1st round busts, and a lot of 5th round picks that make the Hall of Fame.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login