Is there a map showing traffic flow direction

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
before and after the game. I dropped 4 folks off at the traffic signal on Blackjack where if you turned south you would go to the Vet school. Our plan was for me to pick them up at the same place afterwards. However, Blackjack was shut down afterwards and there was no way to get to where I dropped them off. They ended up walking to Taste Restaurant and I got them there. Just seems like a lot of confusion with traffic flow….really was quite a cluster. Starkville police sure love to flash constant multiple blue lights to the point of almost blinding a driver. Looks like it would be much safer for them to manually operate the traffic signals to control traffic. Saw quite a few men directing traffic without the proper reflective safety vests…asking for a terrible accident. Crazy stuff. Oh well.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
They had traffic flow jacked up all the way out to Montgomery and poor house.

Almost like no one has ever had people around.

Reactions: bkmaroon

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The school put out a statement then referred everyone to the Waze app, which no one could use because cell service is so bad gameday. It was a cluster 17.
Yeah I'm not sure why they thought telling people to use their phones on campus on Gameday was a good idea. It's just so random during games and EVERY year we hear how it's going to improve. I logged in yesterday morning before going to drop off tailgating tables, chairs etc and it showed Creelman closed at 9:00 when it didn't actually close until 1:00. "MSU Athletics, consistently inconsistent is our motto"

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

kired

Aug 22, 2008
The school put out a statement then referred everyone to the Waze app, which no one could use because cell service is so bad gameday. It was a cluster 17.
I love Waze when I’m on the road - but it sucks in this type of situation when you’re around parking lots. Struggles to know which way you’re facing when you’re not moving

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Every year they seem to just look for ways to make the traffic flow worse. It’s almost like they intentionally make it as difficult as possible for the fans. A great game day experience my ***. Let’s see if we can make it almost impossible to reach our assigned parking lot. Mission accomplished! Fans thinking about turning around and heading back home before they ever get parked. Looking at you Mr.Invisible. What a cluster.

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
They had parking zone entrances based on the number lot you’re in. However the parking pass themselves nor any physical signage on campus had which parking lot matched the entrance zone. And as stated earlier Waze didn’t work worth a damn. It was a cluster 17 trying to get to lot 13.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We try so hard to keep fans away from football. This crap this weekend was terrible, even with half the crowd leaving at halftime in stadium that wasn't even full. Imagine that Florida game if we start 3-0. Talk about an absolute mess, this was the worst plan I can remember. It's thrown together and half-assed by the school and Starkville. We dominate the Half-Assing competition!

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Park behind Starkville Church of Christ. Free, easy in/out and 3/4 mile walk to the stadium. Getting out of town is a breeze.

Reactions: Maroon13

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Park behind Starkville Church of Christ. Free, easy in/out and 3/4 mile walk to the stadium. Getting out of town is a breeze.
Getting out of town wasn't the biggest problem, getting TO town was. It's like Starkville just wanted everyone to GTFO.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Biggest issue I had was the road I had to take to get to my lot was barricaded so I went past it thinking Waze was off. Had to turn around and come back and get them to move the barricade so I could get to the actual lot, which had another barricade where I had to show the pass. Seems like the new system has some potential but there needs to be bigger and better signage. Also the poor folks working the lots were just as clueless as the fans trying to find them.

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
I didn’t tailgate this past weekend. After 10 years of tailgating in front of Barnes and Noble, can anyone tell me if the unloading and loading has changed?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Also the poor folks working the lots were just as clueless as the fans trying to find them.
This is a YUGE issue at EVERY MSU sporting event. There's a big shortage of the people willing to do this job, I've heard it multiple times from an athletic dept acquaintance. This leads to different people being at different entrance to streets and lots most weekends. Then you throw in the "don't give a damn factor" for some of them and well, there you go

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
looks like Blackjack is closed at the Vet school, this year. That caused some people confusion.

https://www.transportation.msstate.edu/gameday

People need to learn they can turn left, take Blackjack east and get back to 82 and 182 Otherwise you will end up in the middle of town.
It was open up until either 12:00 or 1:00. Then it was closed unless you had a parking pass for Lots 13 or 15.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I didn’t tailgate this past weekend. After 10 years of tailgating in front of Barnes and Noble, can anyone tell me if the unloading and loading has changed?
We tailgate near there. Stone is open until 4 hours before KO. Then closed. I drop my stuff early early and go park.

Reactions: Dawg84

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
We tailgate near there. Stone is open until 4 hours before KO. Then closed. I drop my stuff early early and go park.
Thanks for the reply. I really couldn’t understand the map layout that MSU had put out.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
It was open up until either 12:00 or 1:00. Then it was closed unless you had a parking pass for Lots 13 or 15.
We are in lot 13. Got up to the traffic light literally 50 feet from the lot and had to turn around go back to the traffic circle on blackjack and then north past the band hall and then west to eventually reach the lot we could have entered a half hour earlier. There is a reason that decision makers in the world of academia can never cut the mustard in the real world.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It's our best tradition. 17ing up traffic after football games. It's why I park at SDN and take the bus.
One time I took the bus from/to the Vet School. One thing I learned is if you just miss the bus after the game, you're going to be standing there for a long time. No thanks.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I thought about ditching the parking pass this year and parking at the vet school. The times I have parked there in the past I’ve been able to out walk the traffic and get out ahead of the on campus cluster.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
We are in lot 13. Got up to the traffic light literally 50 feet from the lot and had to turn around go back to the traffic circle on blackjack and then north past the band hall and then west to eventually reach the lot we could have entered a half hour earlier. There is a reason that decision makers in the world of academia can never cut the mustard in the real world.
I was taking my cooler back to my truck in lot 13 about an hour before kickoff and stood there for a while watching the show at Stone blvd and Bully blvd. The amount of people that were about to get into altercations with the traffic control was quite comical because they couldn't turn left on Bully blvd. I agree that not allowing people access lots 11 and 13 from Stone blvd is mind boggling. I have a feeling most Bulldog Club Members got the memo but anyone that bought a pass second hand will continue to be lost.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
One time I took the bus from/to the Vet School. One thing I learned is if you just miss the bus after the game, you're going to be standing there for a long time. No thanks.
The busses run downtown every 15-20 minutes. Beats sitting in a paid lot for 2 hours trying to get out. I've done than more than I care to count and is probably why I have blood pressure issues to this day.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login