Is this a Fad?

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
I have a neighbor that hates all things NBA. He isn’t the biggest fan of college basketball. He is older,75+, but he hasn’t missed a Clark game going back over a year. He actually has her shirt. He actually now has his granddaughters over to his house to watch games together. That is her power. She is changing the game.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I have a neighbor that hates all things NBA. He isn’t the biggest fan of college basketball. He is older,75+, but he hasn’t missed a Clark game going back over a year. He actually has her shirt. He actually now has his granddaughters over to his house to watch games together. That is her power. She is changing the game.
He’s obviously racist and homophobic.***

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
It’s part of years of effort to expand the addressable market by adding people to it who have personal, political, or social reasons to watch women’s sports and not men’s. They want to maintain male viewership, but I guarantee you the networks are all talking about how capture that untapped market

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Good for the WNBA.

We’ve made fun of them for relying so much on the NBA and they now have someone who can have them upgrade the ways their league and teams market.

Reactions: tbaydog

patdog

May 28, 2007
If you actually watch her play it might help you understand it. There is a Maravich quality to the way she plays. She's exciting to watch (unless you're one of the studs who live to **** on everything female sports).
I’m sorry. I just can’t watch women’s basketball. I’ve tried. I do I like women tennis & soccer. But I just can’t watch the basketball or softball.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I’m sorry. I just can’t watch women’s basketball. I’ve tried. I do I like women tennis & soccer. But I just can’t watch the basketball or softball.
I think I’ve watched 4 women’s basketball games… once when I was a student at state Candace Parker and TN played at the hump, I decided to go. State vs UConn in the final four, and the 2 national championship games. It’s definitely not as fluid as watching a men’s game. Feels more like watching a high school basketball game. But the final four game vs UConn was one of the best sporting events I’ve ever watched, regardless of sport.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Next game is 3:00 pm central vs Angel Reese. Average ticket price is $250. I wonder what the TV ratings will be compared to CWS

Reactions: tbaydog

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Watching tennis and soccer for more than 15 minutes makes me appreciate chess.

Different strokes...

• Haha
Reactions: WilCoDawg

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
You can't say this without sparking some sort of outrage these days, but if people can be serious for a minute, the WNBA is a slower, less athletic, weaker, and shorter version of mediocre high school boys basketball. It's not good basketball. It's just not, and Clark's popularity is coming mostly from the fact that she has a once in a generation all-around skill set that even current all star level players in the WNBA just don't have.

I'm not going to hate on the WNBA or anybody that chooses to watch it, but there's a painfully obvious reason that it's in the financial hole that it is, and people can see it any time they turn on a game that doesn't involve CC.

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
It’s part of years of effort to expand the addressable market by adding people to it who have personal, political, or social reasons to watch women’s sports and not men’s. They want to maintain male viewership, but I guarantee you the networks are all talking about how capture that untapped market
If you want to maintain viewership especially towards males, add some attractive females and not a bunch of loudmouth lesbians. Sex sales. Ask the Huck Tuah and the “crazy” hoochie momma on the plane.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
It's just not, and Clark's popularity is coming mostly from the fact that she has a once in a generation all-around skill set that even current all star level players in the WNBA just don't have.
Exactly. Clark can do things the average person doesn’t think they can do. I’ve never watched other female basketball players and thought they were doing something I haven’t done or still couldn’t do (whether that’s true or not). That’s why people watch her.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
dear lord protect these people who plan to visit atlanta
Or at least give us a better heads up regarding the road work on 285. **
(Yes, yes, I know. There’s ALWAYS road work but at least that’s better than Mississippi where the road work is limited.)

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
That is all just really strange to me. Not to hate on Clark, but its not like she’s the first good women’s basketball player ever. Plenty have come before her.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
That is all just really strange to me. Not to hate on Clark, but its not like she’s the first good women’s basketball player ever. Plenty have come before her.
True.

She’s got the media attention though which is desperately needed in the women’s game.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
So CC is Hulk Hogan and Angel Reese is Rowdy Roddy Piper?

Could work.
I mean I feel like the more they hate on Clark and the more drama they create more people talk about it. Hell we are talking about the wnba on this message board. I know sports are slow right now but Stanley cup is going on and we are talking about Clark and Reese. Pretty smart if they are doing it on purpose.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login